MI to start flights to Semarang and resume flights to Makassar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

HPH is a poorly appointed airport, but for some unique reasons that include biz and tourism are an interesting case.
    It's a struggle to even call HPH an airport to be honest. The only international flgiths they get, or at least got, were a handful to Macau. When I first started going to Haiphong there was a single daily VN flight to SGN, which frequently got cancelled sending us on a 3 hour car journey to HAN.

Any flights to HPH would probably be more business than leisure, initially at least. Having said that flying into HPH is better than HAN for going to Halong Bay, for now at least. Whether the long proposed airport at Halong City ever gets off the ground is another matter.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Wow, there you go...

I thought it was Jetstar that did that, but yeah - for sure, Danang is a great gateway into Central Vietnam, allowing Hoi An visits etc. Bit far from Nha Trang, however. Will be popping into NHA next week myself to take a look
    You wouldn't fly to DAD if going to Nha Trang, but as you say great for Hoi An. Sadly there are a lot of large Hotels going up around the Danang/China Beach/Hoi An area so I fear little Hoi An will get swamped. Note that the MI flights to DAD stop in REP on the way back.

You staying in the Sheraton in Nha Trang ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Note that the MI flights to DAD stop in REP on the way back.
      Flight routed SIN-REP-DAD-SIN on the day I was tardy enough to not choose the right REP-SIN flight. Not sure if it's in reverse on other days.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        You staying in the Sheraton in Nha Trang ?
        Well, now that you mention it, I just might. Haven't booked anything, to be honest... I remember there being a Hyatt in Danang, though

Probably the Sheraton. Someone told me to go to Vinpearl Land. Definitely keen on their cable car!! Have you done it?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Flight routed SIN-REP-DAD-SIN on the day I was tardy enough to not choose the right REP-SIN flight. Not sure if it's in reverse on other days.
          It is the reverse on some days. Remembering taking a SIN-DAD-REP flight, which was on a triangular routing back to SIN. A real long flight to REP!
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Tried to book MI for this Hari Raya season from Semarang to Singapore but not available yet. Even Semarang City is not listed yet ...

Comment

Working...
            X