Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best J Seat on SQ A380

Dear All,

I will be flying J seat on SQ A380 next month (Finally can try A380...)
    And I'm just curious what would be the best J seat on A380

Maybe you can share your previous experience, too.
    Sorry if this appears in other post before...

Thanks!!

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
    Sorry if this appears in other post before...

Thanks!!
    It does. In fact there's a whole thread for it. 200+ posts, you should know how and where to look...

Comment

I can find those posts after using advanced search.
      Sorry, and please delete this post..

Comment

Just flew on the A380 (for both configurations) in J, and toured around the cabins.

In all cases, avoid Row 11. The rest of the window seats in the front J cabin should be ok.

If on the all J upper deck, you can also try out row 96. It really feel like a mini cabin.

Comment

You are saying avoid 11 window or all of Row 11?
          I thought the centre seats are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            You are saying avoid 11 window or all of Row 11?
            I thought the centre seats are ok.
            Yup, I am referring to more of the window seats.

But I feel that sitting on the centre seats of Row 11 may make one feel a bit claustrophobic due to the high wall at the front of the seat. But I could be wrong as I have not really sat on that seat, it is based more on my visual observation.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
              Just flew on the A380 (for both configurations) in J, and toured around the cabins.

In all cases, avoid Row 11. The rest of the window seats in the front J cabin should be ok.

If on the all J upper deck, you can also try out row 96. It really feel like a mini cabin.
              What's wrong with Row 11 window?

Just to add, that I've actually booked myself on it this Sunday! I know that it's a tad narrower and windowless window seat (oxymoron). But should be quite cosy with no one tramping around (of course, there'll be handful of SQT seat inspectors!)
              Last edited by CarbonMan; 5 June 2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I don't like it to the extent of writing in to complain about it. See what you think

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  I don't like it to the extent of writing in to complain about it. See what you think
                  Oooo ... THAT bad?! You're making me have second thoughts now.

UPDATE: A tad late. Every seat is now taken. 11K it is for 14 hours. Pray I can sleep.
                  Last edited by CarbonMan; 6 June 2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post

UPDATE: A tad late. Every seat is now taken. 11K it is for 14 hours. Pray I can sleep.
                    Hmm.. i think 11K is lesser of an evil than 11A. There is a toilet at the front on the left hand side; in fact, i do like to visit that toilet as the toilet there seemed to be more spacious there?

Comment

Got off the 380 yesterday SIN-LHR. Seat 11K is not the best seat of the house but I didn't really mind it too much. Yes, the seat is narrower but you get more pitch as with most "front" seats. What I didn't quite like were 1) there's no window and I can't see any other because the leftview is partially blocked which doesn't give me any spacial clues where I was when landing or taking off; 2) there was no underseat storage; 3) you get served last on the second meal, on a full flight, it'll take as long as 45-60mins for the FAs to make their way from the back to the front. One last bit that may affect myopic pax, the distance to the IFE screen is a tad further away if you're lying down.

I wasn't bothered by the toilet and the noise was relatively quieter. and I got to speak to the FA for quite a bit during take off and landing as her seat was just in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Got off the 380 yesterday SIN-LHR. Seat 11K is not the best seat of the house but I didn't really mind it too much. Yes, the seat is narrower but you get more pitch as with most "front" seats. What I didn't quite like were 1) there's no window and I can't see any other because the leftview is partially blocked which doesn't give me any spacial clues where I was when landing or taking off; 2) there was no underseat storage; 3) you get served last on the second meal, on a full flight, it'll take as long as 45-60mins for the FAs to make their way from the back to the front. One last bit that may affect myopic pax, the distance to the IFE screen is a tad further away if you're lying down.

I wasn't bothered by the toilet and the noise was relatively quieter. and I got to speak to the FA for quite a bit during take off and landing as her seat was just in front of me.
                        1) No window was a big problem for me. I got "car sick" during the taxi! I felt ill the entire subsequent flight.

Luckily SIN-HKG only. I believe kapitan complained about the same problem. And a non SQTalk friend.

2) My cabin bag barely fits in the overhead lockers in the front cabin. On Saturday's flight, there was one bag inside already so no place for mine. One of the reasons I avoid the A380.

There is storage at the front of the cabin next to the stairs on the right ( loo to the left of stairs) but I don't like to be separated from my cabin bag.

Comment

I am in row 96 in just over a month, so will be able to add a report on that as well.

Comment

Is 11K the same on both A380 configs?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan^ View Post
                              I am in row 96 in just over a month, so will be able to add a report on that as well.
                              Sorry, I've only just seen this (and I think there may have been other threads as well...)

I do like 96, especially on an emptier flight - the rear cabin tends to be less busy (not that you can see anyone anyway), which means you get fast service and a lot of attention from the 3 rear galley cabin crew. It really is like a little private cabin, with an exit in front of you, nobody behind you, hardly anybody in your line of sight, and you get the benefit of the extra wide footrest - it just feels more spacious. Although there is a toilet right behind you, the last two flights I was on, I don't think anyone used it apart from me (and the crew)

Assuming 17A/K is off limits, and the preference for a window on a day flight, does anyone have any opinions of 15A in the low-J configuration?

Comment

Working...
                              X