No announcement yet.

Flying Solo in F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, they're official, although there are slight variations on the rosters for FSSes from India, Korea, Japan, etc.

Comment

SQ 972 SIN-BKK 11MAY07

I was alone in the front cabin!
      Very relaxing especially after getting into arguments with security screener at the gate related to plastic bag.

Comment

SQ16 SIN-ICN 24MAY07

9V-SWJ.
        Flying solo in 2A.
        Some of the crew were first time on duty for 77W. It was fun, because I knew more about the F seat than the LS. Well, the load of the flight is amazing. F 1 C may be 2/3. Yeah 11A was empty and the last two rows. Y is pretty full though.
        Being alone in F, of course got the whole attention, but now did not feel straight. Yeah one bottle and a half of Krug... Could not eat much. But I still could not understand the comment I read about this flight a while back. The FA gave me satay and lots of nuts. Plus asked me when I wanted to have my lunch. Definitely I was not starving. In fact too much for me...
        But beware everyone. If you want PJ and amenity kits, you will not get it on this SQ16 SIN-ICN. Zilch....

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          9V-SWJ.
          Flying solo in 2A.
          But beware everyone. If you want PJ and amenity kits, you will not get it on this SQ16 SIN-ICN. Zilch....
          I'm planning to upgrade to F on my return from LHR in July. What are the chances of scoring an empty cabin on any one of the 3 flights? Zilch too, I suppose?
          My Cafe Adventures
          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
            I'm planning to upgrade to F on my return from LHR in July. What are the chances of scoring an empty cabin on any one of the 3 flights? Zilch too, I suppose?
            My guess is zero on SQ317 and SQ321. In fact, those flights, particularly SQ321, might have pretty full F cabins.

SQ319, while not providing you the solo experience, might get you a better pax-to-crew ratio.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

SQ16 SIN-ICN Some Pictures

As I mentioned above, flying solo was very rewarding. For example, 4 satay sticks. Well if I want more I would get them.

And yes, I love the crew... The LS was in my short haul routes couple of times. And this was his first duty on 77W. I was so excited teaching him how to make the bed! Of course I showed him from my photo collections the perfect bed made by dot dot dot ...

Comment

CGK, I can see that you put the wideeee First Class seat to good use!
                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

I went up standing on top of the seat 2A and took the following pictures:

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                    CGK, I can see that you put the wideeee First Class seat to good use!
                    I wanted it four of us seating together, but they were shy (I mean the IFS, which is understandable!

Comment

I wanted it four of us seating together, but they were shy (I mean the IFS, which is understandable!
                      But I guess it's just as well that only the LSS took up the offer.
                      My Cafe Adventures

Comment

By the way, I can't help but notice the First Class seats on the B777-300ER seem to be toooooo close for comfort. They certainly don't appear that way in the promotional ads! I don't seem to recall that the Skysuites on the 744s are packed like sardines!
                        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Correct. The wide seats make the cabin looks cramped. With the SkySuites on 744, they look spacious.

Comment

As I mentioned above, flying solo was very rewarding. For example, 4 satay sticks. Well if I want more I would get them.

And yes, I love the crew... The LS was in my short haul routes couple of times. And this was his first duty on 77W. I was so excited teaching him how to make the bed! Of course I showed him from my photo collections the perfect bed made by dot dot dot ...

Dear CGK

Out of curiosity, did u move the sauce dish thingy or it was presented this way?

My last F, the crew presented the sauce dish on the rectangular plate. Same as the J style.

And who is dot dot dot? Perfect bed? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                              Dear CGK

Out of curiosity, did u move the sauce dish thingy or it was presented this way?

My last F, the crew presented the sauce dish on the rectangular plate. Same as the J style.
                              I did not move anything. That's the way it was presented.
                              This was the J presentation on SQ16 SIN-ICN on Monday.

And here is th epresentation for SQ15 from SFO to ICN on May 22.

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                              And who is dot dot dot? Perfect bed? Wow!
                              It's a secret...

Comment

I did not move anything. That's the way it was presented.
                                This was the J presentation on SQ16 SIN-ICN on Monday.

And here is th epresentation for SQ15 from SFO to ICN on May 22.
                                Inconsistency! Inconsistency! Very unbecoming of SQ! Complain, complain!
                                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                                X