Flying Solo in F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Solo in F

Was just reminded of how nice it is to be the only pax in F.
    SQ968 yesterday night originally had 5 booked in F. However, as the door was closing, IFS walked over to greet me and tell me, "Mr. XXX, looks like you are the only one."

This was my fourth Solo F experience. The rest Were:
    - BKK-SIN
    - HKG-SIN
    - BKK-SIN (CX)

I have had this a couple of times. The first time was BKK-SIN on SQ and the LSS sat next to me and we chatted about Bangkok for most of hte flight.

The other time was CGK-HKG on CX and again I spent most of the flight talking to the two FAs (well when they weren't topping up my champagne)

Comment

I almost had this on LX SIN-BKK. The only other pax was fast asleep so I had lots of attentive beverage top ups from the crew.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

F Solos are fun, but I distinctly remember getting bored after a while with no one to talk to as the IFS sent two of his crew back to J to help out

Much more fun for me was a SARS period SYD-SIN on the upperdeck with 2 other pax and the Chief Steward playing Jenga..... which, can get awfully noisy

Comment

I only got 2/12(including myself) on a CX TPE-HKG flight.

Comment

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, StarG! BTW, how were the pre-departure communications?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Much more fun for me was a SARS period SYD-SIN on the upperdeck with 2 other pax and the Chief Steward playing Jenga..... which, can get awfully noisy
              wow, that's a first for me. CS playing Jenga while on duty? Excellent. Well, a least SQ cain crew are not 'robotic'.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                Glad to hear you enjoyed it, StarG! BTW, how were the pre-departure communications?
                Pre departure communications were all well, thank you very much.
                Wished you were there.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Wished you were there.
                  You don't want us to be there, I believe. Only one! Otherwise this thread won't appear.

Comment

Also..........

F Solos are fun, but I distinctly remember getting bored after a while with no one to talk to as the IFS sent two of his crew back to J to help out

I agree with you.F solos are fun,but on realy long flights with no FA walking past for a few minutes,or none insight,it can get pretty scary .So I keep myself busy with games and movies or audio

Comment

Just play the MJ they offer on Kris World, that should last you a few hours.

Comment

I was just about to ask about this part. It seems there may be reallocation of duties when you have only one pax in F. I couldn't imagine one having the undivided attention of multiple red and green kebaya-clad women prancing around you. Did you have that, StarG?

Also, Lobster must have had the time of his life with the LSS beside him. I guess things do happen when you're alone in F!

Can I get a blue kebaya girl to have a game with me instead?
                        My Cafe Adventures
                        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                          I was just about to ask about this part. It seems there may be reallocation of duties when you have only one pax in F. I couldn't imagine one having the undivided attention of multiple red and green kebaya-clad women prancing around you. Did you have that, StarG?
                          I think it depends on the loads of the flight in J and Y. Usually one of them will go to J / Y.
                          One of the solo flights all three F crews stayed and actually asked for my permission to use me for training a junior LSS.

F crew is (almost) always an IFS, a LS, and a LSS. So no multiple color kebayas, unless you are a VIP like CGK.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                            F crew is (almost) always an IFS, a LS, and a LSS. So no multiple color kebayas, unless you are a VIP like CGK.
                            I didn't mean girls with multiple-coloured kebayas. I actually meant having multiple girls (read: many girls!) with red and green kebayas prancing around you!

By the way, I thought LS = Leading Stewardess. So what's an LSS? And where's CS (Chief Stewardess)? Has there been a change in titles?
                            My Cafe Adventures
                            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I have yet to fly SQ F (except for SIN-KUL), let alone flying solo in F. But usually fly solo in MI J and it gets really boring on a flight where there is no KrisWorld!

Comment

Working...
                              X