Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Plane makes unscheduled stop at KL for refuel

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=44662

Seems like this guy has just over-reacted.

Yesterday was bad. 1xSQ and 1xTG diverted to KUL, 1xMI diverted to Batam and 1xSQ diverted to Johor. Plus a number of other delayed flights too.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

just curious, the pilot made the decision to fly to KUL which is like 30min flight coz the fuel run low. Can't the ATC give this plan than a priority to land?

Was the weather so bad yesterday? Did not recall le... or may be i was indoor all of the afternoon
      visit my blog

Comment

I am quite confuse. The guy said he was on SQ953, but I checked SQ953 schedule ETA is at 11:00 and it landed at 10:54 yesterday based on Changi website.

The deverted flight was SQ959 (which schedule ETA is 1650). This guy does not even know which flight he was in

I took a flight today from Jakarta to Singapore on Singapore Airlines SQ 953. The flight per its schedule was to arrive in Singapore at 4.50 pm. Due to late take off, the new arrival time was 5.40 pm.
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          I am quite confuse. The guy said he was on SQ953, but I checked SQ953 schedule ETA is at 11:00 and it landed at 10:54 yesterday based on Changi website.

The deverted flight was SQ959 (which schedule ETA is 1650). This guy does not even know which flight he was in
          Some people just shoot blindly.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            Yesterday was bad. 1xSQ and 1xTG diverted to KUL, 1xMI diverted to Batam and 1xSQ diverted to Johor. Plus a number of other delayed flights too.
            Any idea why? Runway closure?

Comment

believed its bec of very bad weather due thunderstorms - and not the 1st time that planes have been diverted n SQ planes have been diverted to KL, JB and even Batam within the last year.

Comment

I'm listening to ATC at Changi Airport now and looks like the weather there is again rotten and many aircraft have aborted their landing. Won't be surprised to see some aircraft diverted today.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                  I'm listening to ATC at Changi Airport now and looks like the weather there is again rotten and many aircraft have aborted their landing. Won't be surprised to see some aircraft diverted today.
                  at what channel you are listening to the Changi ATC?
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    at what channel you are listening to the Changi ATC?
                    Probably LiveATC?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Probably LiveATC?
                      Yup. LiveATC indeed, so it's a combination of Ground, Tower, Approach.

Comment

Today, most planes arriving between 4-7pm were put in holding patterns for up to or more than 30min! And the weather was fine. Changi must be getting really congested or ATC is inefficient.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Was in the tarmac for more than 30 minutes waiting for turn to take off. Changi is indeed getting congested - not what it used to be

Comment

I was on SQ2 last week and we were #8 for take-off when we reached Northcross #1. There were like 6 low-cost carriers in front of us.... 1/2 hour delay also.

(Audio)

Comment

of late seems that Changi ATC or ie more single runway usage - as aircrafts r being held up on ground and in the air. But Changi is not as congested as HK or even Bangkok to seriously have such delays.

Comment

Working...
                              X