No announcement yet.

Attendant call button - the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sitting in a middle seat with a snoring passenger on the aisle or even a window with someone sleeping on the aisle in a 2 seat configuration I will often use the button if I want a drink. I prefer not to wake my neighbour unless necessary.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by jadivindra View Post
      Press the call bell if you need urgent medical attention or feeling unwell. For a drink, a tissue, a toothpick and other minor askings, please feel free to walk up to the galley and request one,unless you are wheel chair bound/handicap or you are seating in bussiness or first.The days of pressing call back in Y is extinct.It was made long time ago when flying i Y was prestigious and pax load was 30.Now there can be 400 people in cattle class.

On another note, please dont act all lost as tho you have never stepped on a plane before as soon as you spot a crew in the cabin hoping that the will start lifting all your luggage (the really heavy ones.Small ones ok). the general rule is "YOU PACK IT YOU STACK IT ". Unless you are a really aging person then we are there to help you. But again if you cant lift it then why pack so much luggage?Travel light!

also, dont start rushing to the toilet in hordes and as soon as you step on a plane and then start obstructing embarkation. Use toilets in terminal.

The list goes on........
      happy flying everyone.!
      Thats not the main discussion point for this topic, but ....
      Good point about the toilet. For Singapore airport (and in some country), once you clear the security. It will take you some trouble to get out and reach the toilet.
      Last edited by cscs1956; 7 November 2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Please wait after take off for filing all you hot water thermos. Trying to get the crew to fill them on ground isnt a good idea for 2 reasons:
        firstly it distupts the flow of pax during board boarding when you press the call bell,
        and secondly its dangerous. Once the water is filled on ground, when you open your thermos after take off the water is going to boil over and spill all over asThis is because the air pressure is lower at high elevations. Boiling occurs when the water is hot enough to have the same pressure as the surrounding air, so that it can form bubbles. At high altitudes, air pressure is lower than at sea level, so the water doesn't have to get so hot to get to boiling. Sorry to be Out Of Topic here.

Comment

I've never used the call button, ever. Maybe because I'm asleep most of the time :-)

Comment

Working...
          X