X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    The cost you pay is a fraction of J fares on SQ. Cannot expect too much
    Member fare promotion quotes ScootBiz below SQ Y Flexi Saver fares to SYD
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      2-4-2 Business?
      Same config with KLM 777-300. On KLM the seat is ok in eco woth 3-4-3, but the aisle is too narrow, and with KLM the seat does not recline much.
      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Same config with KLM 777-300. On KLM the seat is ok in eco woth 3-4-3, but the aisle is too narrow, and with KLM the seat does not recline much.
        No. KLM in J is 2-3-2.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• 2-4-2 in J is like the new United Business Class

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            2-4-2 in J is like the new United Business Class
            I for some reason don't see flat beds though, massive plus point if they do, but with 38 inches as seat pitch, that would be impossible, unless you redefine the meaning of bed

Comment

• This is the only picture i can find so far for the Scootbiz seats. I am not attracted for sure - not even at economy prices. I would rather fly regular economy and get the flexibility and the miles in return.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/scoot-s-new-...iness-as-usual

How can they start selling tickets without actual photos of the products they are selling. I am not going to jump into their sale fare until I know for sure what I am getting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                How can they start selling tickets without actual photos of the products they are selling.
                CX did the same thing for the Y+ product.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  I'm eager to check out the seats, particularly the J ones. But from what I can tell, it's not going to be anything near business. No lie-flat seats ala Air Asia X.
                  That angled wooden plank?

I think some of us are forgetting what market of travellers OQ is targeting. This market is more price sensitive. So while SQ's Flexi Saver/GV2 may be a fraction more pricey and while still affordable to most of us on SQT, OQ's market will be unwilling to pay for the difference even if it's just $100. These travellers don't really bother much about mileage. Different priorities from us on SQT.

Nonetheless, I will be keen to try OQ on a one off basis - *hint* inaugural *hint*

Comment

• Scoot Moves Launch Date to early-June 2012

http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/19/oq-jun12update2/

Scoot Moves Launch Date to early-June 2012

Singapore Airlines’ new low-cost unit Scoot is moving its launch date by 3 weeks early, which is now scheduled from 04JUN12. Previously the airline planned to start operation from 26JUN12.

The airline will operate 1 daily Singapore – Sydney from 04JUN12 and 5 weekly Singapore – Gold Coast flight from 12JUN12, on board Boeing 777-200. Schedule:

Singapore – Sydney
                    OQ002 SIN0210 – 1140SYD 777 D
                    OQ001 SYD1250 – 1900SIN 777 D

Singapore – Gold Coast
                    OQ006 SIN2225 – 0750+1OOL 777 x36
                    OQ005 OOL0900 – 1500SIN 777 x47

Comment

• Scoot to Start Bangkok from July 2012; Tianjin from Aug 2012

From airlines.net http://airlineroute.net/2012/04/24/oq-tsnbkk-s12/
                      Scoot to Start Bangkok from July 2012; Tianjin from Aug 2012

by JL

Update at 0315GMT 24APR12

Singapore Airlines’ low-cost carrier Scoot has announced the launch of 2 new destinations. From 05JUL12, it’ll offer daily Singapore – Bangkok service, followed by 4 weekly Singapore – Tianjin operation from 23AUG12. Reservation for these flights are now open.

Schedule:

Singapore – Bangkok eff 05JUL12
                      OQ302 SIN1725 – 1845BKK 777 D
                      OQ301 BKK2000 – 2315SIN 777 D

Singapore – Tianjin eff 23AUG12
                      OQ088 SIN0130 – 0730TSN 777 x236
                      OQ089 TSN0900 – 1500SIN 777 x236
                      visit my blog

Comment

• Scoot to fly to Bangkok, Tianjin

Just got this email

Heard of the goubuli baozi? It's one of Tianjin's many distinctive delicacies. Once you've eaten your way through Tianjin, it'll only take 30 minutes to bring your appetite to Beijing by high-speed train. Eat all you can when you fly Scoot to Tianjin, dirt cheap without the usual cheap tricks.

And oh - we're also flying to Bangkok, Thailand. Just another thing to make your day.
                        And hopefully your year.

Comment

• just did a quick search

BKK to SYD return cost only S$322,
                          SIN to SYD return cost $402
                          for dates 10sept out, 15 sept return
                          purchasing power parity?

Comment

• Had a peek at 9V-OTA in full livery at hangar 1. Must admit, the livery is scoot-acular. :-)Another sister ship, presuming OTB, was in
                            hangar 3 in livery as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                              Had a peek at 9V-OTA in full livery at hangar 1. Must admit, the livery is scoot-acular. :-)Another sister ship, presuming OTB, was in
                              hangar 3 in livery as well.
                              Do we have any pics please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                Do we have any pics please?
                                I do have, but unfortunately i'm unable to post it here as the hangar is a camera prohibited area.

Comment

Working...
                                X