The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few "enhancements" to note:

1. When making a reservation, the website seems to "time out" quite quickly. I didn't know I had to book everything in 10 seconds.
    2. When the script loads incorrectly, the entire site is shot. You have to reload the entire screen.
    3. I've gotten an error when booking CGK-LAX one way. It says "Sorry. We do not have any online fares for the itinerary you have selected. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines reservations office to perform this booking." And of course, the website had changed the city pair to IAH-LAX. Well no duh it won't book it.

There's another "feature" that I've noticed, but I can't even get that far in the dummy booking to state what happens. I've tried for the last 45 minutes but I've yet been able to get that far without getting errors.

This website is an EPIC FAIL.

Comment

• What's up with the new site, they should have a parallel site for beta testing and fix all the bugs before putting it live for people to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        They're testing it on us ! I think the IT department is in India and not in Singapore.
        yeah thats the diff... i think they are using cheap indian company.. u pay peanut... u got monkey
        visit my blog

Comment

• Disappointing, tried to book a flight on ipad
          Besides being slow, I had to type in "July 2011"to find right month and after typing Milan as a destination, it said I had to enter a valid destination. The Airport name suggestion feature did not work. I gave up.

Comment

• post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• i tried to search my current booking ( my return leg TPE-SIN). Entering my PNR and Last time, the system said the last name does not match the one in PNR!!!!

I wonder if they did the UAT before they launch it. It seems they did not do proper testing before launch it. Can't they just switch back to old website and do the proper clean up.

Very embarassing
              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                i tried to search my current booking ( my return leg TPE-SIN). Entering my PNR and Last time, the system said the last name does not match the one in PNR!!!!

I wonder if they did the UAT before they launch it. It seems they did not do proper testing before launch it. Can't they just switch back to old website and do the proper clean up.

Very embarassing

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                  UAT... what's that? Users an After Thought?
                  hehehehe UAT is User Acceptance Test.... IT term. Before go launch must do proper test so it does not encounter this kind of problem.....
                  visit my blog

Comment

• They really should go back to the old site ASAP, this one is so far from being user friendly its ridiculous! This now makes the Thai Airways site look professional and modern in comparison.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• response from SQ..

Dear Mr 225

Thank you for your email submitted through our website.
                      We are sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. Our technical team is investigating.

We appreciate your feedback on the functionality/user friendliness of our website. We will review these with our project team to fine tune and further improve our website. We hope you will bear with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by 225 View Post
                        response from SQ..

Dear Mr 225

Thank you for your email submitted through our website.
                        We are sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. Our technical team is investigating.

We appreciate your feedback on the functionality/user friendliness of our website. We will review these with our project team to fine tune and further improve our website. We hope you will bear with us.
                        post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                          Fine tune? Maybe they need to tune first before they fine tune?
                          i think they are still not realize the seriousness of the problem!
                          visit my blog

Comment

• The ladies at F check-in today assured me that they've been getting a lot of feedback.

Comment

• Has anyone successfully made a booking or modified a booking on the new website?

I couldn't modify my bookings as the system changed the paxs' names on the new itinerary which were not edit-able so I didn't proceed further.

I followed up the steps to create a new booking but stopped short of finalizing it as I am worried for double charging or other errors during payments considering the sorry state the website currently is in.

I also tried a multi city booking and it threw up an error message.

Anyone?

Comment

• luckily i made a booking to hkg just before they did the relaunch. i can't imagine all the frustrations i would be facing now..

surprisingly i received a different response from the Customer Affairs Manager , and the formatting is still not fixed.

----

Dear Ms xxxx

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our website on 22 May 2011.

We would like to sincerely apologise for the difficulties you faced while
                                attempting to search for flights on our newly launched website.

We are currently experiencing some teething problems with our new website.
                                However, please be assured that our project team is currently working on
                                fine-tuning our website. We appreciate the time you had taken to note down
                                the
                                error message for us. This will certainly facilitate them in resolving the
                                problems.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and look forward to providing a
                                better online experience for our valued customers soon. Thank you for your
                                patience and understanding while we working on improving our website. In
                                the
                                meantime, please feel free to contact me if you require any assistance with

your flight bookings.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Working...
                                X