The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demue View Post
    Do they grant you the 15% online discount for your redemption? I surely hope so given the disaster they have on their hands.
    Yes they do. They are being so apologetic over this whole debacle. The lady I talked to on the phone were very serious about this and she also wanted me to keep sending her the print screen of any error messages I got doing any redemption or commercial booking.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
      Yes they do. They are being so apologetic over this whole debacle. The lady I talked to on the phone were very serious about this and she also wanted me to keep sending her the print screen of any error messages I got doing any redemption or commercial booking.
      That's nice. She must be getting a lot of complaints due to the website problem. Did you call the PPS number or the normal KF tel number?

Comment

Just tried to log in at 11am SIN time to check my KF balance, check on a possible redemption booking, trying to get a quote for a SQ C tix to AUH for a colleague ... and of course all of that did not work or the requests could not be completed. I tried several times but don't have all day for that nonsense given that the site takes 30-60sec to load each page locking up my browser every time not even allowing me to continue working in other tabs on other web sites.

All that on day 5 post-launch and I can't think of another instance of such a botched up go live. I don't like to say things like that lightly, but some of the people in charge need to get fired and it shouldn't be the little guys used as scapegoats.

Whoever signed off on this site for go-live as a program/project manager needs to seriously reassess the chosen career. Try the blo*dy thing out yourself before such an important event and they could have easily figured out that it was not ready and delayed the launch. No harm done as most folks didn't even know a new site was coming anyways, but now it is a disaster that will stick to people's minds. Talk about destroying brand value and reputation.

This is the problem with most IT project. They just want to rush rush rush.... but never think what is the implication on bad quality. No proper regression testing is done.

Not to mention they always hiring the I company because of lower cost. Nothing against the I company. But you get what you pay la.

BTW, sometimes (well most of the time), you cannot blame the Project Manager la..... sometimes it is the pressure from Senior Management
        Last edited by lingua101; 26 May 2011, 02:44 PM.
        visit my blog

Comment

coz u r their tester. you are helping them to do the testing
          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
            That's nice. She must be getting a lot of complaints due to the website problem. Did you call the PPS number or the normal KF tel number?
            PPS hotline.

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              This is the problem with most IT project. They just want to rush rush rush.... but never think what is the implication on bad quality. No proper regression testing is done.

Not to mention they always hiring the I company because of lower cost. Nothing against the I company. But you get what you pay la.

BTW, sometimes (well most of the time), you cannot blame the Project Manager la..... sometimes it is the pressure from Senior Management
              They are using this US firm called Sapient Interactive.

Comment

• After 18-mths and being paid lots of money, they came up with a lousy website.
                With all these problems, they actually should put the old website back up and re-test all links and fix all bugs of the new website.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                  After 18-mths and being paid lots of money, they came up with a lousy website.
                  With all these problems, they actually should put the old website back up and re-test all links and fix all bugs of the new website.
                  I second that. The current page is out for a week now and still a disaster. They need to roll this back. With the public pressure mounting, SQ needs to do something. I am sure they have lost money due to booking engines not working.

Comment

All that on day 5 post-launch and I can't think of another instance of such a botched up go live. I don't like to say things like that lightly, but some of the people in charge need to get fired and it shouldn't be the little guys used as scapegoats.
                    There is. MH's new website launched early this year was not accessible at all from Australia for 1 MONTH! Heard a nasty firing was conducted.

Other than that, the rest are just petty little bugs here and there (all very much have been fixed now) and definitely not as acute as SQ's case.

Comment

• the website took more than a year to develop which i believe sufficient testing shld have been conducted. can't believe the outcome is that bad..

http://us.generation-nt.com/singapor...s-1783201.html

Comment

• Originally posted by charvy View Post
                        the website took more than a year to develop which i believe sufficient testing shld have been conducted. can't believe the outcome is that bad..

http://us.generation-nt.com/singapor...s-1783201.html
                        Everything in that article was not achieved!

Comment

• Deleted
                          Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                            Everything in that article was not achieved!
                            +1. Not achieved is an understatement. The design of the new website also fails to impress as well. Bugs aside, it is also very hard to navigate and quite confusing. The old site is way better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megatop View Post
                              Bumpy start for SIA's new website

Users riled by technical glitches and long wait for call centre response

................................While the glitches have upset some customers, there are some good things to be said about the revamped website.

For example, the system now gives travellers the option to pick their seats before making payment.

There is also a more detailed breakdown of what goes into the total fare - base fare, airport security charge, air transport tax, passenger service charge as well as airline fuel and insurance surcharge.

Before, the site showed just the airport/government taxes and carrier surcharges.
                              The PR machine is working really hard here. I can see that an option to pre-select seats before booking is an improvement but more visibility on surcharges is hardly an improvement.

Office manager Jenny Kirton, 38, who had no problems when she went online to check some bookings, said: 'Of course, as with anything new, it will take some time to get used to the new set-up and look.'
                              Wow...Ms. Kirton must have been very lucky.

Comment

Wow...Ms. Kirton must have been very lucky.
                                Jenny bagged herself a surefire upgrade with this

Comment

Working...
                                X