Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
    Could not logon on Saturday.

When I could, on Sunday, I went and change my flight and paid for the difference in fares. Then it informed me about an error.

It took the money from my credit card.
    I lost my booking for my original flight.
    I did not have any reservation for my intended flight.

Sigh...................

(Audio)
    I have not used the rebooking function when it asks for an up-fare. I just call them and ask for a date change and if necessary waitlist. I can always up-fare later on.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Well, the HK SIA office called me this monday morning to confirmed my failed booking and put me on my intended flight.

(Audio)

Comment

• Ok, I just got out of managing a booking and parts of the page are in Russian while parts of it are in English.

Comment

• Never gets old

Singapore Airlines would like to inform customers that they may have issues making commercial bookings, as we are currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Our web team is working with the provider to resolve the issue, and an update will be provided as soon as possible on when customers may resume their booking activities on our website. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Last Updated 19 June 1740hrs (+8 GMT)

Comment

• isn't it like they "always" have technical problems? Nevertheless, the issues of making commercial bookings technical difficulty normally gets me lower price by telephone. Use this window now if any of you want cheap tickets.

Comment

• SIA apologises for disruption to online booking service

Oh boy, what's new now..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...208619/1/.html

SIA apologises for disruption to online booking service

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines (SIA) has apologised for disruptions to its website.

Customers booking commercial flights on www.singaporeair.com have encountered a notice, stating an error has occurred.

SIA said the service disruption happened after 5pm on Tuesday.

It is working with its service provider to rectify the problem.

Customers can, in the meantime, contact the local SIA office.

The company said it will update its Facebook, Twitter and website as soon as the problem is rectified.

Comment

• Another web fault according to the reports on facebook!
                Last edited by ozdude; 21 June 2012, 12:22 AM. Reason: None.

Comment

• For every one of my commercial bookings not made via the web site (i.e. via TA or other means), I cannot get my email address or mobile phone # to show up. When I go into the "travel details" and add them, they will be there for maybe 10-15 minutes. When I go back to the booking later, the details have vanished again.

In the context of everything else that's wrong with this pile of poo that is the new site, this is really a minor issue. It would be nice to get flight and check-in alerts to my mobile phone, however. ::sigh::

Comment

• Whole site is down :-(

Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
                    Singapore Airlines
                    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

• Well, I managed to make a redemption booking, after just 3 days of trying and 2 calls to SQ.

Here are some of the things that I found out, in the hope that it may be of use to others.

1. If you get a message along the lines of "Unable to process selected flights. Please change selection and try again." This probably means one of your chosen sectors is unavailable (even though the website shows it as "available")!

To get a clearer picture of what is and what is not available, try dummy booking each sector individually. Chances are one of the sectors that showed as "available" when booking a multi-sector itinerary is in fact "unavailable".

A call to SQ will also let you find out the true availability.

2. Once you enter the passenger details, then try to move on to the payment screen, you get a message saying "One of the previously selected flights has become waitlisted". It doesn't allow you to proceed beyond here.

This is the same problem as before. You selected something that showed as "available", but is in fact "unavailable". Sometimes it picks up the error as soon as you select the flights. Sometimes it lets you get as far as the payment screen before forcing you to start again.

3. If you get the opposite problem - flights for each individual sector show as available, but when you try to book the full itinerary it either doesn't list the flights you want, or shows them as unavailable. In this case you need to ring SQ and get them to book it for you. Make sure you tell them that the web site is useless, and they will honour the 15% discount.

4. If you enter your KF number and PIN, then the site goes off and thinks about it for a minute before coming back, at which point you are still not logged in (your name and balance do not appear at the top of the screen). This means that the KF system is down. There is no point ringing SQ at this time, as they are also unable to do anything. They will just tell you to try again in a couple of hours, which is precisely what you should do.

5. If you get as far as the payment screen, then it says "An application error has occurred." - close all your browser windows, open a new window, clear your cache of temp files and cookies, then log in and start all over again. Hopefully it will work this time.

6. A final tip from me - don't reserve seats or meals during the booking process. Wait until the booking is paid for and confirmed, then go in to "manage my bookings" to add seat and meal requests. I don't actually know if this will make any difference, but I didn't want to push my luck by trying to do too much at once.

Comment

• While doing internet check-in yesterday, I noticed my wife details instead of mine under my profile.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be nice if the website was much easier to use after this weekends changes. Let's hope the people responsible for the new website are nowhere near it....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Wouldn't it be nice if the website was much easier to use after this weekends changes. Let's hope the people responsible for the new website are nowhere near it....
                            I hope it doesn't end up like CZ's recently 'improved' Chinese website. Much worse than SQ's...what a nightmare.
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

• The reservations system upgrade seems to have brought new problems. Now it keeps telling me that I have multiple browsers open when trying to select seats in an existing booking.

Comment

• the upgrade brought false hope. It does indeed brings new problems instead of solving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X