No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when the Amadeus switch-over is due exactly? I may book some flights again soon, but would like to avoid the change time.
    Still wonder if the website will remain the same with just the backend being changed.

Comment

• An application error occurred. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office.
      What kind of website is this. I am trying to book a flight for my whole family in a hurry. Goodness....

EDIT:
      the website is still hellish as ever. Apart from non-functionality, it apparently gives us higher ticket price. I have all done via telephone and thank god, no $50 fee - and it's cheaper.
      Last edited by 726; 6 June 2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Now, we can see all other our bookings again in "My bookings"

The old website was still better. The new one allows online changes only once. After that, we have to call to make changes so it is just not right for them to charge for phone calls. The new one does not allow changes of multi-city itinerary either.

What on earth are they thinking that they remove these useful functionalities

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post

What on earth are they thinking that they remove these useful functionalities
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Now my Manage Booking page does not show any bookings.
            Each booking needs to be pulled up individually with booking ref and last name.
            A message via website feedback yielded an e-mail with apology, and asking for my patience while they work on repairing the website.
            How long do I have to wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Another year.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Now my Manage Booking page does not show any bookings.
                Each booking needs to be pulled up individually with booking ref and last name.
                A message via website feedback yielded an e-mail with apology, and asking for my patience while they work on repairing the website.
                For 2 weeks, it was malfunctioning. I sent two complaints.
                Then last Monday, it was working again.

You mean it's now not?
                Goodness, if so, this website is trash.

In my complaints, I told them they better fire their Website team if they can't fix these things in a day or two (but 2 weeks). Let's all do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  Successfully booked 3 tickets to HKG and selected the seats but when it came to meal selection I was shocked to find the same problem I had encountered 6 months ago! Unbelievable! Selected a child meal for my daughter and saved the changes. Guess what! No child meal for my daughter had been selected and neither was there an email confirmation that I had made a selection. The same thing happened 6 months ago and I was told on board that I had not selected a child meal! Fortunately, they had extra child meals on board. Does this mean that I have to call them directly to reserve my child meal? Any one has encountered this problem and overcame it?
                  I decided to give the dreaded website another chance today instead of calling them and guess what? For the first time in 6 months, I was able to change my daughter's meal to a child meal! I even got an an instant email confirmation to inform me that my meal selection was successful. The website never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

• Nice. Went to the website to update my new passport number. 5 mins later I get this e-mail...

Just when we thought it was at its dumbest, it gets even dumber still...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
                    From: KrisFlyer Membership Services <contact@krisflyer-singaporeair.com.sg>
                    Date: Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM
                    Subject: KrisFlyer Number
                    To: xxxxxx

Dear KrisFlyer Member,

Thank you for contacting KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding your KrisFlyer number. As per tele-conversation, your KrisFlyer number is 8xxxxxxxxx.

Please visit our website at www.krisflyer.com to create a new PIN by following the steps below:

1. Click on 'Log-In Help'
                    2. Click on the link under 'Need to create a new PIN?'
                    3. Enter your KrisFlyer Membership Number
                    4. Enter your Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
                    5. Click 'Continue'
                    6. Enter your email address (Please note that the email address must match the one in our records)
                    7. Click 'Submit'

A 6-digit PIN will be sent to your email address. Please complete the fields with your existing KrisFlyer number and the new system-generated PIN. You will then be prompted to enter a new 6-digit PIN of your choice.

We hope the above information is useful. Thank you and we look forward to being of service to you.

Yours sincerely
                    KrisFlyer Membership Services

Hotline:
                    6789 8188 (Singapore)
                    213 404 0301 (USA/Canada)
                    02 9350 0203 (Australia)
                    0800 750 760 (New Zealand)
                    (44) 207 531 2041 Europe (including UK)
                    (65) 6789 8111 (Other countries)

Facsimile: (65) 6789 8777

Comment

• Thats the price SQ has to pay for outsourcing their IT operation.

This is how screw out as a example of seat assignment for 2 persons of my coming flight
                      (sorry, do not know how to post the picture of Krisflyer email here)
                      At first I though I read wrongly!

This is for departure flight SQ12, have not check on return flight yet.
                      Seat selected:
                      Mr xxxx xxxx xx 77E <<<---
                      Miss xxx xx xx 77E <<<---
                      Flight 2 Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN)
                      Jun 30, 2012, 03:45 PM Status: Ticketed
                      Flight Departs Arrives Duration Cabin
                      Class
                      SQ11
                      Operated by Singapore
                      Airlines :
                      Airbus Industrie A380-
                      Los Angeles
                      15:45 PM
                      Los Angeles
                      Intl
                      Singapore
                      02:55 AM
                      Changi Intl
                      Number of
                      stops: 1
                      Economy
                      Last edited by cscs1956; 10 June 2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Can't even enter pax details for a redemption. Selected a nominee, and the greyed out name fields were updated automatically. Then when it came to the birthdate and nationality selections, it still displayed mine and not the nominee's and just wouldn't let me change it.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother

Anyone else encountered this before?

Comment

• Has anyone seen the button to "Upgrade this booking/flight"? It seems to have gone MIA...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            Has anyone seen the button to "Upgrade this booking/flight"? It seems to have gone MIA...
                            it's there in my acc, but it is useless as ever.

I had a nice chat with certain employees of SQ at changi today. They agree that the website is terrible and they received lots of complaints. I developed a habit of always "Complement" the non-functional website everytime I met/call SQ employee, and most of the time, they agree, but some are "tired" of complaints.

Comment

• Rather than trawl through 66 pages of this thread, has anyone been able to book a stopover on a KF Award on this farcical website or was that 'enhanced' at some point ?. I've been trying and can't get it to play...

Comment

• Could not logon on Saturday.

When I could, on Sunday, I went and change my flight and paid for the difference in fares. Then it informed me about an error.

It took the money from my credit card.
                                I lost my booking for my original flight.
                                I did not have any reservation for my intended flight.

Sigh...................

(Audio)

Comment

Working...
                                X