No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume that everyone who actually needs to achieve something on the website, be it making a booking, checking mileage credit, etc., is actually emptying their browser cache, and even cookies, if need be...

Comment

• Has anyone been able to upgrade bookings on line? Not using miles to upgrade but topping up the difference by paying. Everytime I tried to do that, the website will return an error message "This booking cannot be upgraded". There wasn't qny problems doing this in the old website.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
        Has anyone been able to upgrade bookings on line? Not using miles to upgrade but topping up the difference by paying. Everytime I tried to do that, the website will return an error message "This booking cannot be upgraded". There wasn't qny problems doing this in the old website.
        Funny you should mention that. Just last night I upgrade my J to R. Everything went smoothly until I paid. Error message occurred. Credit card was successfully billed but ticketing error. Had to call operator for help. Today they supposed to refund me for billing error and charge again for paid upgrade....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Funny you should mention that. Just last night I upgrade my J to R. Everything went smoothly until I paid. Error message occurred. Credit card was successfully billed but ticketing error. Had to call operator for help. Today they supposed to refund me for billing error and charge again for paid upgrade....
          Sounds like a lot of hassle. It appears the website works differently for different users. For example, many complain about not seeing their bookings or unable to choose seats online while I haven't encountered these errors so far. Only problem is when comes to upgrading.

Comment

• Seems the saved on testing...

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              I dunno what the fuss is all about. @SingaporeAir wrote on Twitter: "The technical difficulties experienced on our website earlier on 8 Jan have been resolved. We thank our customers for their patience."
              What about the 'technical difficulites' experienced since last June ?.

Comment

• I can't seem to find the link that brings up the seatmap with available seats prior to purchase, am I going blind or has this feature been moved? If it's still available could someone please advise?
                Much appreciated.
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  I dunno what the fuss is all about. @SingaporeAir wrote on Twitter: "The technical difficulties experienced on our website earlier on 8 Jan have been resolved. We thank our customers for their patience."

Everything is resolved. Right.
                  Agreed! If it appears on Twitter it has to be true!!!
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    I can't seem to find the link that brings up the seatmap with available seats prior to purchase, am I going blind or has this feature been moved? If it's still available could someone please advise?
                    Much appreciated.
                    Viraj735, are you looking for this
                    http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/fl...s/ouraircraft/?

Comment

• Not sure if this has been reported, I was able to select meals and seats online (using SQ's booking reference) for a reservation on SQ flight made using UA miles (ie UA ticket stock). This was not available previously and I needed to call in for seat and meal reservations previously.

Comment

• I have two trips mid year that will be multi-legs, ie MEL-HKG BKK-MEL.

Anyone tried to book multi-leg trips since the website has changed?????

I have been trying to get my flights for a few weeks now, system error continually comes up after the system searches for my flights.

Why have this option on the website if it never works???

I'll be giving it another week and then moving onto TG once again. There is no way I'm ringing begging for a price, if they can't fix their system I will reluctently continue to fly with their opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                          I have two trips mid year that will be multi-legs, ie MEL-HKG BKK-MEL.

I have been trying to get my flights for a few weeks now, system error continually comes up after the system searches for my flights.

I'll be giving it another week and then moving onto TG once again. There is no way I'm ringing begging for a price, if they can't fix their system I will reluctently continue to fly with their opposition.
                          I had no success too. I called Reservations (from your departure city) and tell them the problem, they will most probably honour the price you saw on the website.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                            I have two trips mid year that will be multi-legs, ie MEL-HKG BKK-MEL.

If you fly quite often you should have yourself a reliable travel agent you can just have them book your flights for you.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Multi-segment bookings :

I frequently do multi-segment bookings. From trial and error, here's my take on what works and what don't and why :

1) The multi-segment booking system offered on line is not really a multi-segment booking system. It essentially caters for a "stopover".

For eg, if you try SIN-JFK, JFK-FRA, FRA-SIN -- its OK and will work. Because its essentially a stopover on JFK-SIN in Frankfurt. So this stopover is booked using the multi-segment booking system.

But if you do this - SIN-JFK, JFK-FRA // open-jaw // LHR-SIN -- then the system will either freeze (there's a technical problem ...), or it says no flights are available. Its not that there are "no" flights available, it just cannot handle it in the online booking system.
                              Because LHR is not a logical part of the usual SIN-JFK return ticket with stop-over in FRA. I'm sure you can book such a ticket offline but that's not what the "multi-segment" booking system offered on-line is designed to do.

2) Another type of booking is open-jaw. For eg, Sin-NRT, KIX-SIN. From my experience, as long as there's no stopover either way, it will work. Because its essentially a simple open-jaw booking, not really a "multi-segment" booking.

Alternatively, SIN-LAX // open-jaw // SFO-HKG stopover, HKG-SIN will work. Because the stopover in this case is a natural stopover of the SFO-SIN leg because the plane transits in HKG.

But if you put a stopover somewhere else (like SFO-HKG // open-jaw // SEL-SIN), then it will not work. Because SEL is not a natural stopover of SQ1 SFO-SIN flight, so the website cannot cater for it.

To me, the worst thing about doing a so-called "multi-segment" booking on SIA's website is that to begin with the website is already slow. Every click you make (to enter a city, for eg), you need to wait for some time. So after painstakingly building up the multi-segments, "click" ... and you get no flights available ... you need to key in every damn detail all over again.

This is unlike the old SIA website, where the site will remember all the details you keyed in, tell you which specific segment is the problem and you can ammend just that segment.

We've complained about this problem for months already ... probably SIA has bigger problems to tackle with the website and still hasn't had the time or resources to work on this yet.

Comment

• I think the 'multi-city' definition appears to be a very loose term for some...

Comment

Working...
                                X