No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not mine but have you found how many KF miles are on it and have you made a redemption for yourself with those miles?

Comment

• I don't know who's FFN is 8000236583 but you're online account is now blocked.

I didn't notice the number in the log-in box was not mine so when I entered the password of course it didn't work. The question is whether the SQ cookies recorded the wrong number for the login screen and if so...... that sucks!

And yes, I'm the only one using the PC.

Comment

• So we are now coming up to nearly 5 months of this website, they can not fix many things they had trouble with from day one.

It is costing them money, I know for a fact beside myself there are 3 people who have booked flights with other airlines because of the website, two of those business seats. It may not be a lot of money in the big scheme of things but it is profit none the less.

Two serious questions for those in the know of web deign.

If SIA employed a good reliable web design company today to totally design a new website and have it fully functioning for bookings, KrisFlyer etc how long would it take?

Do you think it is something they have even considered?

Comment

• well, I did a one way J class redemption for two of my nominees to Brisbane without any problems at all....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Re : "Stray" FFN
            I got the same problem too. ie. a stray FFN appeared. And I guessed its a Japanese because I got onto the Japanese website.

But this only occured when I cleared the cache in my computer memory, so maybe what happened was that SIA website remembered the last user (worldwide) and it got onto my computer.

BTW, I'm able to make flight bookings and redemption too. Its slow but do-able. So the website has improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
              Re : "Stray" FFN
              I got the same problem too. ie. a stray FFN appeared. And I guessed its a Japanese because I got onto the Japanese website.

But this only occured when I cleared the cache in my computer memory, so maybe what happened was that SIA website remembered the last user (worldwide) and it got onto my computer.

Yup, you reminded me I cleared my cache as well. In such cases the field should be left blank, not with just an arbitrary number belonging to somebody else.

Comment

• Just pulled up my booking online to see what a/c I'm on.

It's not on the page headed Booking overview. It's not on the page headed Segment details.

You have to click Select seats to get the seatmap, which says: "A new experience awaits when you board the refitted Singapore Airlines 777-300. The cabin is configured in three classes with 8 First Class, 50 Business Class and 226 Economy Class seats."

How retarded, absurd, illogical & pointless...

When will these morons give us a working website with easily accessible information, rather than this ugly, un-optimised turd of a website???

Comment

• Yeah, no sh** Sherlock...

Comment

• But at least the page looks better than before

Comment

• Whilst looking at possible flights I decided to change dates to look for better fares, apparently 1 adult in J is "too many passengers for this cabin class."
                      Last edited by viraj735; 21 October 2011, 11:20 AM.
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• so I go to update my profile and the page hangs I come out and reload the page and now the main page wont even load checked other pages i.e this one and it wasn't a connection issue...glad to see they fixed everything

Comment

• and now i even can't access www.singaporeair.com
                          oh gee why they don't go back to the old website ?
                          even now silkair website is better than sq's website

Comment

• Mercury retrograde in full effect!

Trying to make a trans-tricontinental booking in F and this is what the dang website spews out:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
                            Singapore Airlines
                            It seems like the SQ website clocked out at 17:00 Singapore time.

I have the SQ website open on Mozilla and EK open on IE and at least the EK website is still trying to come up with flight and fare combinations!
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• I hadn't even looked at the website for a month or so until yesterday but figured they should surely have this thing 'fixed' by now.

More fool me. It's just as bad as it was MONTHS ago. I only wanted to book a quick KUL-SIN flight for later this week. What a PITA it was just trying to do that. Not only did everything still take forever, but it froze at the seat selection page three times and refused to budge. I wasted about 20 minutes (I know...) on this then gave up and went to silkair.com and it was booked and confirmed in 3 minutes !!!

Things are bad when it's better and easier to book on the website of your leisure/subsidiary airline instead of one that likes to be known as one of the world's best. Farcical.

Comment

• The only issue I have had lately is trying to get my seat selection from my iPad. I have tried it 2-3 times at different times and they all failed in that the website said something to the effect that it couldn't be done at that time. Am not sure if that's an issue withe the site itself or incompatibity with the iPad. Anyone else with similar issues on their mobile devices?

Comment

Working...
                                X