No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a 30 mins phone-call to the KF hotline, the agent was also puzzled by the problem I had and she concluded "there might be a system glitch", so, she also couldn't confirm which flights are available for the SIN-HKG flight on my date of travel.

Duh......

Comment

• For those who are calling for heads to be rolled. It's been happening. Many heads have been severed

Comment

• Still unable ot pull up a booking of mine not done through SQ.com. I enter booking reference and name and then into the rubbish pop-up the segment origin and date and .... nothing. It just returns ot the first page that forces me to enter booking reference and name. Utter rubbish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          For those who are calling for heads to be rolled. It's been happening. Many heads have been severed
          Names please.

As an IT PM myself I just could not believe this could happen. Unbelievable that they don't have rollback procedure as part of their risk management strategy.

Comment

• Chrome

Recently, the new website, in addition to all the issues, has been unviewable on Chrome browser.

Now I have switched my future bookings to CX, they have really cheap fares of out Beijing connecting to Europe or US. Never paid much attention to CX before, now, even if SQ fixes all the issues, I am still hesitant to make a booking and will always compare prices with CX.

Comment

• Originally posted by edison View Post
              Names please.

As an IT PM myself I just could not believe this could happen. Unbelievable that they don't have rollback procedure as part of their risk management strategy.
              Me as an on-site engineer for a MNC are not spared either, users think is our machine at fault. But later when they discovered their colleagues and even tried at home, same problems.. they backed off.

Many of my colleagues are pulling their necks when they tried to do bookings/changes to flights. Especially older folks who do not like change. They struggled.

Comment

• Something interesting to try:-

Try to do a flight schedule search. After the list of flight schedule is shown, do a mouse over the picture of the airplane that denotes the day of service. Guess what is shown?

Comment

• I can't see all my bookings when I clicked "Manage booking" under "Manage my trip" for the last 2 days. All I get was the error message "A system error has occurred. Please try again. (RZ9zTw!-345791008)"

So much for the CEO who has sent out his apology email and claimed that they have made "significant" progress in fixing the website issues. More and more functions are not working!

Comment

• Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Something interesting to try:-

Try to do a flight schedule search. After the list of flight schedule is shown, do a mouse over the picture of the airplane that denotes the day of service. Guess what is shown?
                    Nothing? Tried it on Mozilla Firefox and nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                      Nothing? Tried it on Mozilla Firefox and nothing happened.
                      When you mouse over the picture of the airplane (hold your mouse pointer on top of the picture for a few seconds), there's a text that says "DEVELOPER! - INSERT DATE OF FLIGHT HERE".

Not sure if it is to remind the developer to fix the bug or it means something else.

Comment

• Finally managed to confirm a redemption booking and ticket it through the new website!

Comment

• I now successfully managed to pull up a thrid party booking (BD redemption) and could see the entire itinerary including the TG leg prior to the SQ flight and the NH leg after it. However, mixed class bookings are still screwed up. It says I'm in Eco in 11D on a 77W for SIN-NRT and have 20kg luggage allowance

PS: In case some of the attentive folks wonder how I got into C on 77W using a BD award let me tell you that I was booked on the SQ636 SIN-HND A330 flight whose cancellation got pushed out till Nov 1, 2011. SQ rebooked me onto SQ638 to NRT instead. Not complaining for once

Comment

• 5 min ago I just received an SMS from SQFltInfo confirming my check-in. I was quite shock as I am not traveling in 2 days time. I thought someone keyed in the number wrongly.

Having take a close look on the content it says "SQFlltInfo - Check-in confirmed SQ877 TPE-SIN 16 Jun 2011 seat(s) 49H"!!!!
                            visit my blog

Comment

• That okay then...... proof they are working through their backlog

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone noticed this or not.

If you search for "singapore airlines" in Google, SIA website doesn't even feature on the first page.

It looks like the website is not very well optimised.

Comment

Working...
                                X