No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, whenever I've tried to anything at all on the website, I'm met with the following message:

"The system is temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Also, does anyone know how to locate bookings for nominees? I haven't been able to find my nominees' bookings under the "Manage my bookings" tab of the site.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      Also, does anyone know how to locate bookings for nominees? I haven't been able to find my nominees' bookings under the "Manage my bookings" tab of the site.
      Yup, 3rd party bookings made under the old website have been unlinked from the KF account the miles were deducted from.

Comment

• I encountered several issues with a redemption booking. I made the booking before the new site was online, but had to make some changes afterwards.

First I wanted to add a Stopover Hotel to my booking. I was able to select a hotel successfully. However, I was never asked for payment details and the result was that the hotel booking was added to my booking, but not confirmed. Once the booking was made, the website provided no option to change or cancel the hotel booking anymore.

It turned out that I have to change the time of a flight and so I thought due to the strange issue with the hotel it might be better to cancel the booking completely and create a new one. But trying to cancel the redemption booking returned an error message.

So I decided to just change the booking instead. I selected a new flight and the website asked me whether I want to cancel and create a new booking and a chose this option. I then entered my payment details including my KrisFlyer AMEX. However I was unable to pay because the payment page always deleted my credit card security code. It turned out that this is an issue with the Chrome browser and it worked fine with IE8.

So I finally changed the booking. The system cancelled my old booking, refunded the miles to my account and confirmed the new flight. I also received a confirmation mail showing the correct time of the new flight. However, the eTicket attached to the mail still shows the old flight details. Furthermore the website can't find the booking and the miles for the new flight have not been credited from my KrisFlyer account anymore.

I wrote a mail to the service desk two days ago but haven't received any answer yet. They seem to be a little bit busy.

I am a software engineer and I know that things can go wrong sometimes. But the new SIA site just doesn't work at all. Not even the simplest standard use cases seem to work. How can a company like SIA go online with a completely untested website? Considering the amount of bugs I and other people in this forum have found, I assume it’s going to take months to make this crab website work.

Comment

• indeed a shame fo SQ as more than 2 weeks and still having so many issues with its website

Comment

• Is a big failure. After so long and it still cannot have the problem fixed.
            Lucky this is no a bank.

Comment

• Just flew SQ12 on F. Before leaving, could not select seats, could not check in ... Did manage to BTC, but then, on board we were told we had selected 2 kaiseki meals when we had ordered beef sukiyaki and nigiri sushi instead for the NRT-LAX leg. Cannot fault the service staff on board who were flawless ... but another example of an unreliable and faulty website when BTC orders go wrong

Comment

• Great...now I can't even log in using my KF member...I kept getting sent back to the original homepage despite me entering my KF numbers numerous times. Sigh..

Comment

• Originally posted by yuel View Post
                  ever since the start of the new website i am unable to update my seat selection, and was told to contact the airline office instead. anyone has a similar issue?
                  i would suggest you calling up the hotline or visit the office in ion if you can as i have a phobia of using the website now .. (who knows it might modify some bookings if i make any changes)

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Well I have played around with it now and while I can finally find my bookings there is much messing around and it would appear that yes, they have made it more difficult to access your bookings.

But while I can access and print off all my paid bookings (listed as 'Commercial') I cannot access my redemption booking for some bizarre reason. Clicking on 'View and manage', rather than displaying the booking a box pops up that displays my surnam and the booking ref, but says:

'Because you did no book on singaporeair.com, we require additional information' and 'items marked with an asterisk are required'. But there is no asterisk anywhere.

Not only that, but while it is true I did not book it on the website, it's a bl**dy KF redemption booking, you know 'Krisflyer', their very own FFP. Why on earth would you not have automatic access to that booking.....just like we did before they knackered the website.
                    Well, I am not sure what I did the other day to find my bookings (other than keep clicking on stuff that looked like the right way) but I now can't get access to my bookings.

This is madness.

Comment

• I think I'm staying away from the website for now until all the kinks and bugs have been sorted out. This is becoming a horror show for SQ.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16511371-post69.html

Comment

• I'm even hating on SQ's site even more. On the iPhone or iPod touch, they only take you to the mobile website, what's worse? Entering your country code and phone number is a pain in the neck. It's annoying me and I didnt think SQ would go this far with it. You can't even get to the full webpage. Who cares about the terms and conditions? I don't even think an airline website should even do this, it's friggen ridiculous. I'm just sick of this, why does a phone number have to be required for this? Perhaps they should use a mobile site like EK does, but EK doesn't ask for your phone number where as SQ does.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          I'm even hating on SQ's site even more. On the iPhone or iPod touch, they only take you to the mobile website, what's worse? Entering your country code and phone number is a pain in the neck. It's annoying me and I didnt think SQ would go this far with it. You can't even get to the full webpage. Who cares about the terms and conditions? I don't even think an airline website should even do this, it's friggen ridiculous. I'm just sick of this, why does a phone number have to be required for this? Perhaps they should use a mobile site like EK does, but EK doesn't ask for your phone number where as SQ does.
                          This "problem" has been there since the last website too. I never understood it myself. It's not a result of this new website implementation.

Comment

• Dear SQ,

My Bookings does not tell you if your originally waitlisted redemption booking is still waitlisted or is confirmed. Please look into this.

Sincerely,

Your Public ALPHA-testers

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Dear SQ,

My Bookings does not tell you if your originally waitlisted redemption booking is still waitlisted or is confirmed. Please look into this.

Sincerely,

Your Public ALPHA-testers
                              It did for me, but when I try to confirm the booking, the system tried to charge me taxes and surcharges even though it was a redemption upgrade award.
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• I think it is time SQ Management came into public view. Where is the project's executive sponsor (not the project manager, the C-level executive) who has allowed this to happen.

What % of business process is fulfilled through their website? Maybe it is a minor issue in the scheme of their business.

So core functions that seem to be missing:

Online check-in?
                                Manage bookings reliably?
                                Upgrade paid bookings?

Nice to haves
                                Multi class redemptions & bookings
                                BTC

It must be straining the call centre resources.

Comment

Working...
                                X