No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It puzzles me why can't they just take the entire new website offline and restore the old website instead. The more they get actual customers to be beta testers, the more business SQ will loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
      It puzzles me why can't they just take the entire new website offline and restore the old website instead.
      They can. The old booking engine overlay is still operational.

There may be a misguided conception up in Airline House that switching back would cause a loss of face. Perhaps the morons in the IT Department are desperately selling senior management the same canned ("We swear these are minor glitches, Mr Goh") responses that they are flogging to customers?

Maybe it'll take more people telling Goh Choon Phong that he's a pathetic-moron-of-a-wet-behind-the-ears CEO for allowing this to happen on his watch to convince them that face, and rather a lot of it, is already lost...

Comment

• they need to either fix the new site and all bugs associated with that or revert back to the old one.

what peeves me off is that i now cannot select my seats on booked flights. >=(

Comment

• I was able to do a check in quite smoothly for my morning flight on Sunday, but there was no confirmation e-mail sent to me like previous.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            I was able to do a check in quite smoothly for my morning flight on Sunday, but there was no confirmation e-mail sent to me like previous.
            I'm assuming that was after the 'small eternity' the website took to load all those great new features and ads on the landing page? Congrats, your patience as well as your skill in navigating the many issues are to be commened.

I just tried loading the page at home on my supposed broadband connection here in SIN and it took between 29-34 seconds to load fully. Heck even ticking the 'Kris Flyer Redemption' box on the main page under 'Search Flights' takes a staggering 6-7 seconds. Wow, thats like crawling speed for a website at this day and age.
            Last edited by demue; 3 June 2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Any sq people look at this forum? Like i said I don't think they realize that this so-called teething problem *** their image to some degree.

If br is star alliance member, i would have switched to them. Too bad Tg sin-tpe schedule is very bad
              visit my blog

Comment

• Was finally able to check in online for my flights a couple of days ago, for a party of 4.
                Had to re-enter FFP info for all pax as it was gone from the booking.
                On counter check in, 2 BPs missing FFP #s.

Comment

• SQ have changed web pages before. Never had this sort of problem in the past.

QF has also changed web pages before. I can't recall this degree of problem.

SQ's new booking engine still pales in comparison with QFs, which gives many flight options and prices for ALL classes and fares for every flight option on 1 (sometimes long) screen. Just click the one you want and go .......

Unfortunately, SQ is a bit like the ruling party, too arrogant to learn from others.... the competition is hotting up, and SQ is trying to cut corners and value proposition ... removing things that made SQ special like LPP, QPP lounge upgrade, etc....

Comment

• I just checked in for my Monday flight. Firstly I have to re keyed in my TG ROP number which I gave to my Travel Agent.

Secondly they gave me 63G which is the last row of the flight and all aisles seat are all taken. Come on, I checked in on 12:25pm for my 12:20pm flight on Monday. Don't tell me all the aisle-seater checked in in the first 5 min.

Strangely they let me choose 48K which is emergency exit row. I though this seat is only been assigned at airport?
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Any one tried a mixed class redemption through the new site yet? Last time
                      I tried no luck

Comment

• I remember testing this before it rolled out. It's quite more modern looking and simplistic, but at the same time I'd say that the old SAA was nice also.

Comment

• Originally posted by IAHSQ Guy View Post
                          I remember testing this before it rolled out. It's quite more modern looking and simplistic, but at the same time I'd say that the old SAA was nice also.
                          You mean someone tested that junk?

Comment

• I just managed to check in again but the number of steps that I had to do this time was much much more than what I had to do before with the old site and also a lot more than what I had to do 2 days ago when I checked in for my return flight from MNL.

For some reasons, they had several of my key info wrong. First, I had to re-key in my PPS number. Then, I had to correct my Gender (apparently, over the span of 2 days between my MNL - SIN flight and my flight this evening, SQ had decided I had had an amazingly quick and successful sex change operation to become a female). Finally, the expiry date of my passport had also been changed to Nov instead of Oct.

I wonder when this site will finally be fixed.

The other thing I don't like is that we now do not get an email confirmation upon check-in.

Comment

• Originally posted by IAHSQ Guy View Post
                              I remember testing this before it rolled out. It's quite more modern looking and simplistic, but at the same time I'd say that the old SAA was nice also.
                              Was there actually a pilot test carried out on the site officially before it was released? If so, didn't anyone come up with the problems that most on this forum have faced?

By the way, welcome to SQT IAHSQ_Guy!
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• ever since the start of the new website i am unable to update my seat selection, and was told to contact the airline office instead. anyone has a similar issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X