Which *A to join post PPS devaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
    AC Miles don't alow upgrades on SQ as well. Award J & F tix are only redeemable through roundtrip routing. No one-ways nor open jaws. It was because of these restrictions that forced me to bank some mileages into Krisflyer even though I've never liked the program in the first place.
    ANA does, and recently had a 20% off mileage redemption for award travel on "partner" (*A airlines, including Virgin Atlantic): http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/amc/ne...air/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      I can confirm the use of LH eVouchers on SQ flights for upgrades. I just got off an SQ flight upgraded using 2 LH eVouchers, D->O confirmed right after ticketing. I think since LH is paying for the upgrade, SQ doesn't really care if it is coming from eVouchers or miles. As long as LH would process the upgrade and send the certificate number over to SQ then all is well.
      Aha- was twiddling my thumbs waiting for your update on TOF.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
        OK, now that we have confirmed the this can indeed be done (thanks to Keith posting this originally ), how many e-vouchers can be amassed by one in a single year? I understand that German-based SEN's do not get these...but ones outside Germany, such as the US do...
        I'm very sure the evouchers are for ALL SENs. The ones unique to US-based SENs are some award redemption discount voucher (20% off IIRC).

You get 2 evouchers upon qualifying and 2 more for every status retention. I'm not sure if they automatically extend your status upon reaching 100 000 (or 130k for German SENs) miles early though, or if you'd have to wait till nearer to the expiration date of your current 2 years. I think I read somewhere that they'd only extend your status for a maximum of 2 years past your existing expiration date should you get enough miles way too early, but I could be wrong.

Still tossing up either another visit to the FCT, or a cheap ride in SQ J.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 March 2007, 01:53 AM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Still tossing up either another visit to the FCT, or a cheap ride in SQ J.
          I think this reinforces my decision to go for SEN qualification!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            I can confirm the use of LH eVouchers on SQ flights for upgrades. I just got off an SQ flight upgraded using 2 LH eVouchers, D->O confirmed right after ticketing. I think since LH is paying for the upgrade, SQ doesn't really care if it is coming from eVouchers or miles. As long as LH would process the upgrade and send the certificate number over to SQ then all is well.

Comment

Nowdays, you only get 2 e-vouchers every two years. Not like it used to be.

Comment

With the changes toPPS, my hunsband has decided he will not go for QPP2.

As UA1K, he needs another *A partner to go for *Gold so he can get into RCC when travelling within 48 states. AC is out. He downgraded himself to AC GM after 20 years as AC E/SE.

BD.Is is worth it? What are the benefits?

Comment

What is the exact purpose? Just to get *G? How about miles accumulated? Award free tickets or award upgrade? I am assuming majority would be in premium cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by yyzprincess View Post
                    With the changes toPPS, my hunsband has decided he will not go for QPP2.

As UA1K, he needs another *A partner to go for *Gold so he can get into RCC when travelling within 48 states. AC is out. He downgraded himself to AC GM after 20 years as AC E/SE.

BD.Is is worth it? What are the benefits?
                    Is his only reason for gaining *G on another *A carrier so that he can have access to the RCC? If he doesn't have any other purpose for doing so, I'd think the RCC membership would be considerably less expensive, particularly given the 1K discount.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                      Is his only reason for gaining *G on another *A carrier so that he can have access to the RCC? If he doesn't have any other purpose for doing so, I'd think the RCC membership would be considerably less expensive, particularly given the 1K discount.
                      To gain access to RCC when travelling in 48 states.
                      I told him buy a membership.You know Men!
                      Most of his travel is International transiting or doing stopovers in states.
                      If he does 3 pure within 48 trips a year is plenty.
                      Thanks for your advise.
                      I will get the Children to buy year membership for Father's day.

Comment

SQ E class not upgradable with M&M?

I'm also on the verge of switching to LH M&M. Looking at the upgrade charts, only Y & B classes are upgradable using miles? E class appears not to be, even though it's upgradable with KF?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          I'm also on the verge of switching to LH M&M. Looking at the upgrade charts, only Y & B classes are upgradable using miles? E class appears not to be, even though it's upgradable with KF?
                          Other classes are upgradeable using miles but they'd require more mileage.

Comment

To be honest, I am very surprised LH has e-vouchers eligible for SQ upgrades considering SQ's conservative approach to upgrades from other airline's programs.
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              Other classes are upgradeable using miles but they'd require more mileage.
                              Which other classes, KeithMEL? I find the following T&C for SQ upgrades:
                              Special upgrade terms of ANA, Asiana Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Tap Portugal and Thai Airways International
                              • Upgrades are possible for flights operated by ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Singapore Airlines (SQ), Tap Portugal (TP), Thai Airways International (TG) and United (UA), not in the case of NH, OZ, SQ, TP, TG and UA marketing flight numbers*
                              • An upgrade is possible from Business Class booking classes C, D (and also J with ANA and Singapore Airlines and Z with ANA), as well as from the Economy booking classes Y and B.
                              • Only eUpgrades, no paper form
                              milehighj was asking about E so I think he or she was looking at economy class upgrades. Have the T&C changed?
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                Which other classes, KeithMEL? I find the following T&C for SQ upgrades:

milehighj was asking about E so I think he or she was looking at economy class upgrades. Have the T&C changed?
                                Oh - sorry sorry I haven't read the T&Cs. Only went by the Upgrade Chart on this page: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=1209676. The chart made it seem like it applied to all the carriers listed there.

Please be sure to see the details provided in the chart and the following conditions.
                                I guess I should always read the fine print.
                                Hm so it seems you can only upgrade from Y and B on SQ - expensive!
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 March 2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X