Which *A to join post PPS devaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    (I have some anecdotal evidence against some of what you mentioned, by the way. A number of BD *Gs don't seem to be having a lot of trouble redeeming on LH, and as an SQ *G, I've cleared the couple of LH waitlists that I've been on.)
    Anecdotal evidence on my end further suggests that the problem is UA MP's self-imposed restrictions on partner airline redemptions, particularly when these routes are also flown by UA. This is an attempt to keep revenue inhouse. There is also some weird restriction which requires you to redeem the connecting intra asian flight in economy if you've got an intercontinental (not sure whether it's transpac or just TATL) flight on SQ in the premium classes.

SEN upgrade vouchers can be used on a confirmed basis on a variety of *A carriers, including SQ flights ticketed in at least Y or B. 1 per Intra Europe flight and 2 per intercontinental flight.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 March 2007, 06:26 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Keith, so is it confirmed u can use e-vouchers (i mean the couple u get on qual. to SeN) to upgrade on SQ?
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        Keith, so is it confirmed u can use e-vouchers (i mean the couple u get on qual. to SeN) to upgrade on SQ?
        Yes, according to the M+M agent I spoke to. But the ticket must be booked in at least Y or B. Availability is the same as regular award inventory on *net, but you can only process the upgrade after your booking has been ticketed.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 March 2007, 07:34 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Yes, according to the M+M agent I spoke to. But the ticket must be booked in at least Y or B. Availability is the same as regular award inventory on *net, but you can only process the upgrade after your booking has been ticketed.
          Do you know of anyone who has done this, as it's the first time I've heard you can use LH evouchers to upgrade on SQ ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Do you know of anyone who has done this, as it's the first time I've heard you can use LH evouchers to upgrade on SQ ?.
            It's a published benefit in the SEN booklet, along with the ability to use upgrade vouchers on flights of fully integrated partners, UA TATL and NH.

I don't personally know of anyone who's used the evouchers on SQ but someone on TOF reported success doing so: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...60&postcount=8

Seems to be a very little-known benefit, which most people believe to only exist in theory. A Y or B fare on the routes I usually fly isn't worthwhile to use 2 evouchers on though, as they're quite survivable in economy.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 March 2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

i knew it was possible to upgrade with M&M miles on SQ, but at the beginning upgrading was not allowed with e-vouchers. Happy to hear this.

BTW, i think i'll spend the vouchers to upgrade from C (D class) to F.
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I would love to use my eVouchers to upgrade SQ EWR-SIN...its booked in Y class anyway.

If this is true, I never ever have to fly LH despite being SEN

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  If this is true, I never ever have to fly LH despite being SEN
                  I concur...if having to fly LH Y or C....

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Wow - this is really cool...good thing I'm going for SEN as well now!

(initiated mainly to get that premium seating!)

However, note that Y or B classes can be Star-upgraded by ANA and UA FF programs using miles as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                      I would love to use my eVouchers to upgrade SQ EWR-SIN...its booked in Y class anyway.
                      Availability in Raffles on SQ21/22, my dear Savage - this is the *primary* problem...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I can confirm the use of LH eVouchers on SQ flights for upgrades. I just got off an SQ flight upgraded using 2 LH eVouchers, D->O confirmed right after ticketing. I think since LH is paying for the upgrade, SQ doesn't really care if it is coming from eVouchers or miles. As long as LH would process the upgrade and send the certificate number over to SQ then all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                          ...However, note that Y or B classes can be Star-upgraded by ANA and UA FF programs using miles as well.
                          Not using UA miles. UA doesn't allow upgrades on SQ at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                            I can confirm the use of LH eVouchers on SQ flights for upgrades. I just got off an SQ flight upgraded using 2 LH eVouchers, D->O confirmed right after ticketing. I think since LH is paying for the upgrade, SQ doesn't really care if it is coming from eVouchers or miles. As long as LH would process the upgrade and send the certificate number over to SQ then all is well.
                            OK, now that we have confirmed the this can indeed be done (thanks to Keith posting this originally ), how many e-vouchers can be amassed by one in a single year? I understand that German-based SEN's do not get these...but ones outside Germany, such as the US do...

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              Not using UA miles. UA doesn't allow upgrades on SQ at all.
                              That is correct, my mistake...

Comment

AC Miles don't alow upgrades on SQ as well. Award J & F tix are only redeemable through roundtrip routing. No one-ways nor open jaws. It was because of these restrictions that forced me to bank some mileages into Krisflyer even though I've never liked the program in the first place.
                                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                                X