Oh Noooooooooo!! Lufthansa confirms takeover of BMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to cash the chips in, I'd say... 'twas a good run while it lasted

Silver lining time again - earn/burn is still quite decent, and biz class is still the same

Comment

Dang, and I had just moved some Amex reward points over to DC. Not unexpected, I guess, given how BD was hyperinflating its mileage program.

It's time to burn miles ...
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Dang, and I had just moved some Amex reward points over to DC. Not unexpected, I guess, given how BD was hyperinflating its mileage program.

It's time to burn miles ...
        Dude, be glad you can. With the SPG AMEX, it's not an option.
        HUGE AL

Comment

i wonder if this now means you can once again book LH F with cash and miles. if so, there may be a silver lining.

Comment

More signs of the times:
            News: Diamond Club system upgrade

The Diamond Club system will be upgraded during April 2009.

We’re upgrading our Diamond Club system at the beginning of April, which will enable us to provide you with an improved level of customer service. There will also be some exciting new developments to the Diamond Club programme over the next few months and we’ll update you with further details as soon as we can.
            Diamond Club system shutdown
            As we’re updating the Diamond Club system it will mean that the Diamond Club logged in area is likely to be unavailable for a few days during the switchover. We’ll inform you of the exact system shutdown dates soon.

===

One can only imagine what these 'exciting new developments' mean...

The shadow of LH creepeth slowly over...

taipeiflyer: One can only hope, but I don't think it's likely!

Comment

Hmm - I suppose we have at least until 01 May 2009 to ticket flights. But I join others in saying........

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                One can only imagine what these 'exciting new developments' mean...
                Bye bye creative routings.

Comment

So Savage25, does this mean your effect will now take hold off M&M? I'm afraid, very afraid
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    i wonder if this now means you can once again book LH F with cash and miles. if so, there may be a silver lining.
                    The bmi lurker on FT confirmed there is no change to M+C on LH redemptions.

The silver lining is ... DC is still better than pretty much everything else even after this change.

The glass is half full.

Comment

[Rumour]

http://www.wallstreetitalia.com/arti...?art_id=729826

(in italian)

Lufthansa likely to renounce to BMI's takeover, too expensive.

Savage25, did you cancel your subscription to DC, perhaps?

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana }*
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I'm not reading too much into it. It is the usual corporate manouevring.

Comment

isn't LH obliged ? If i recall correctly, it was not LH that held a call option, but SMB, who had a put option.

Comment

yup - they're bickering over whether SMB has kept to his side of the deal (ie not run bmi to the ground)

Comment

I just hope that does not mean that BMI will take a turn for the worse financial health wise. Right now I attribute it to manouvering to lower the price of the option exercise by SMB. However, BMI on its own long-term? I don't know. Maybe it is time to think of some nice trips/ routings to burn those miles. So far I always thought the worst that could happen would be that they get transfered 1:1 to LH M&M. Hmm ... also wondering if I should restart to put miles into BD after just finishing my SEN requal till 2013 with LH as I would get 225% till mid-August or keep pouring them into LH M&M at a lower value but safe for sure.

Decisions, decisions

Comment

Worst thought: If LH backs out successfully, and BD goes bust .... what happens to all our 236 stock specials? :o

Comment

Working...
                                X