Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
    On this Christmas, buy miles and get twice as much!

This promotion is available between December 3rd, and December 28th, 2012, as the last date of purchase.
    This promotion is available through Avianca and TACA’s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com and Venezuela where is available only through the Call Center
    Maximum miles to buy: 75,000
    Minimum of miles to buy: 1,000
    Maximum miles to buy during a calendar year: 150,000
    Thanks for the tip off.

But I do see this clause in their T&C, wonder what does this mean:

Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) payment option.

Comment

• Yay, Will be nice a Christmas present.

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
        Thanks for the tip off.

How would they enforce this unless a redemption has to be done on the spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          How would they enforce this unless a redemption has to be done on the spot?
          Ya man, not sure if the system is smart enough to differentiate miles that are earned/brought at normal rates and miles that are brought under this promotion.

If it is smart enough, then what happen if I have just a few miles that are accrued through normal flight activities? I can't do the miles + cash redemption?

It will be great if people can start posting their experience here. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.lin View Post
            On this Christmas, buy miles and get twice as much!
            Thanks for the heads up. LM don't seem to have sent me any promotional emails, so I'm glad I read it here.

Originally posted by slacker View Post
            Thanks for the tip off.

It's poorly worded, but my take is this.

If you are redeeming miles + money, you will only get the miles you pay for (at the regular rate), not double.

To look at a real world example, a one way from BKK to JFK in C is 60K miles. I can choose to redeem this using 24K miles and $459. So I am essentially purchasing 36K miles for $459 at the time of redemption.

What they are saying is that, during the promotion, that $459 will still buy me 36K miles, not 72K.

Of course, if I decided to use the money to top up my account instead, then $450 would buy me 30K miles with the promotion (as opposed to 15K normally).

Comment

• Yup it simply means the miles in a miles plus cash booking are not discounted . They are still equivalent to around $12.50 per 1000. Dont worry
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• I was starting to worry that they'd offer less attractive promos (eg 25% bonus) as they realize how popular their FFP has become

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  I was starting to worry that they'd offer less attractive promos (eg 25% bonus) as they realize how popular their FFP has become
                  I think USDM is still a more popular option at present. And really id doubt the points junkies here and on FT and elsewhere count for the majority of LM members.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• re: limited front cabin seats

this FFP has indeed become very popular, especially with the recent promotion on miles.

I have managed to redeem a round trip SIN-NRT-JFK on ANA in F for next year, as well as 2x SIN-CDG on SQ in J, but it seems to me that most of the F and J tickets are no longer available on the premium airlines in *A for the first two quarters of next year.

That being said, i am perfectly happy to plunk down 2250usd for another 150k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                      I think USDM is still a more popular option at present. And really id doubt the points junkies here and on FT and elsewhere count for the majority of LM members.
                      There are rumors that US will increase their mileage requirements for award travel drastically early 2013.

My advice: Do not buy US miles unless you wanna ticket immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by young View Post
                        I have managed to redeem a round trip SIN-NRT-JFK on ANA in F for next year, as well as 2x SIN-CDG on SQ in J, but it seems to me that most of the F and J tickets are no longer available on the premium airlines in *A for the first two quarters of next year.
                        Direct on the A380?

Comment

• Originally posted by young View Post

I have managed to redeem a round trip SIN-NRT-JFK on ANA in F for next year,
                          Forgive my ignorance, I am really intrigued at how you managed to start your F recemption to JFK from SIN, all on ANA. I tried to look for that routing recently, but ANA typically offers a two-class cabin from SIN-NRT, so I had no choice but to book two one-ways, C from SIN-NRT and then F from NRT-JFK. Which is a shame because it costs the same amount of miles to book NRT-JFK and SIN-NRT-JFK in F.

By the way, for those interested, I've spotted SQ F availability for redemption on lifemiles, but for only one destination so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose View Post
                            By the way, for those interested, I've spotted SQ F availability for redemption on lifemiles, but for only one destination so far.
                            Should be according to *A availability. I've found MNL, CGK and DEL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose View Post

Try to book it, it doesn't go through...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                Should be according to *A availability. I've found MNL, CGK and DEL.
                                Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                Try to book it, it doesn't go through...
                                wow, that's really amazing hopefully some miracle will happen and bookings can go through!

Comment

Working...
                                X