Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: ANA redemption

I called up the TACA hotline, hung around for half an hour till they sorted out the details.

Yes 2x J on A380 I used the hotline too!

Comment

• If I redeem SQ ticket with Lifemiles, am I need to pay fuel charge?
      How much is the tax for the mile purchase?

I tried to check the redemption online but it giving error after I select the flight for transaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
        If I redeem SQ ticket with Lifemiles, am I need to pay fuel charge?
        How much is the tax for the mile purchase?

I tried to check the redemption online but it giving error after I select the flight for transaction.
        No fuel surcharges (YQ) for all redemptions. You only pay for the applicable airport taxes and a $25 fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
          Thanks for the tip off.

But I do see this clause in their T&C, wonder what does this mean:

Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) payment option.
          No problem at all. Made a booking using Cash + Miles after I purchased the miles from the promotion, everything went through smoothly.

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I think lifemiles may have just slightly devalued their award chart for certain routes/cabin class and each one-way now costs an extra 2,500 miles? The booking engine is now showing SIN-NRT in J as 50,000 miles and not the original 45,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose View Post
              I could be wrong, but I think lifemiles may have just slightly devalued their award chart for certain routes/cabin class and each one-way now costs an extra 2,500 miles? The booking engine is now showing SIN-NRT in J as 50,000 miles and not the original 45,000.
              Realized this too. I'm guessing it's just the beginning of the end

Comment

• Can someone please tell me why its not possible to redeem LM on JJ. Its put a spanner in my plan to do an all redemption all 77W RTW. Why JJ? I need to get from FRA to JFK via GRU

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Can someone please tell me why its not possible to redeem LM on JJ. Its put a spanner in my plan to do an all redemption all 77W RTW. Why JJ? I need to get from FRA to JFK via GRU
                  if it's after mid august - they've binned the route

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    if it's after mid august - they've binned the route
                    That's a bloody good reason.

Comment

• Oops - not quite - they've binned the GIG-FRA/CDG route... (not the GRU one)

http://airlineroute.net/2013/04/30/jj-gig-aug13/

The reason why you can't find JJ inventory is cause they're rarer than hens teeth - previously it was only available at T-180 to starnet (availability to fedelidade members of course was different) for long haul and T-90 for shorthaul, and only a handful would ever appear.

With the decision of LATAM to join OW.... i'll probably have a better chance of making a whole set of dentures from aforementioned teeth

Comment

• I have to say LM is becoming a real PITA these days.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          I have to say LM is becoming a real PITA these days.....
                          Have they never?

Comment

I have made 3 bookings in the last fortnight without issue, and I am very pleased.

I even made a mistake on one of them with the dates and after ringing TACA in the USA they voided the credit card transaction immediately and also redeposited the miles within 18 hours enabling me to rebook.

So.... I am a happy camper.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Have found a note on the webby now that states that you can neither earn nor burn LM on JJ....

Anyways problem solved.... AA puts their new 77W on the GRU-JFK route.

Comment

They certainly make it difficult. Had to cancel a ticket yesterday. Was on the phone for an hour while they intermittently had to switch me back and forth to their automated verification line.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                AA puts their new 77W on the GRU-JFK route.
                                AA is REALLY coming on strong lately (new bonuses in between status tiers, etc.)!

Unfortunately, we all think it's the last hurrah before Doug destroys the airline this Winter.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X