Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Probably the usual restrictions on the soon-to-be-outdated products on the 77W, 345 and 380
    Agreed, it just means on flights that SQ offer star award seats.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      Agreed, it just means on flights that SQ offer star award seats.

SQ will never release those seats. It's been almost 6 years and it's still "new".

Oh well, if those standards apply then the same goes for my dad's brand new 1964 beetle with only 290,000 miles on the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        SQ will never release those seats. It's been almost 6 years and it's still "new".

Oh well, if those standards apply then the same goes for my dad's brand new 1964 beetle with only 290,000 miles on the clock.
        It's ridiculous but seems that way. Lucky for good ol TG

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          ... 1964 beetle with only 290,000 miles on the clock.
          Damn, that's impressive

Comment

• Had a very pleasant experience with the TACA call centre a few days ago. Had a somewhat creative routing in mind, and the agent kindly accepted my request to do it segment by segment, whereas the others I have encountered previously insisted on entering the city pairs and waiting for the system's suggestions.

Unlike my previous attempts to do it segment by segment, this one was done as a proper round trip booking, and not seperate one ways as done by another clueless agent.

Payment was also easy and starightforward with the automated system. Unlike the Avianca system, this one recognized my PIN without a fuss

Oh, and I was also allowed to make the reservation before buying the miles (up to 48 hours limit), so this is a useful feature to confirm the availablity before taking the plunge, or to let yourself decide for another day or two without risking the availablity

For those interested, her name's Alice. Her colleague - Hazel, on the other hand, is absolutely clueless.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Had a very pleasant experience with the TACA call centre a few days ago. Had a somewhat creative routing in mind, and the agent kindly accepted my request to do it segment by segment, whereas the others I have encountered previously insisted on entering the city pairs and waiting for the system's suggestions.

Unlike my previous attempts to do it segment by segment, this one was done as a proper round trip booking, and not seperate one ways as done by another clueless agent.

Payment was also easy and starightforward with the automated system. Unlike the Avianca system, this one recognized my PIN without a fuss

Oh, and I was also allowed to make the reservation before buying the miles (up to 48 hours limit), so this is a useful feature to confirm the availablity before taking the plunge, or to let yourself decide for another day or two without risking the availablity

For those interested, her name's Alice. Her colleague - Hazel, on the other hand, is absolutely clueless.
              Hello SilverChris

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the TACA call centre. I just had an online chat session with one of the agents, in Spanish (with the help of google translation ) regarding the availability of ADL-SIN in mid-December in Y/J, on SQ A330. Unfortunately she could not answer my query and advised me to contact the call centre.

Did you contact a particular TACA call centre, or are the calls routed back to the Colombia call centre?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by rao67 View Post
                Did you contact a particular TACA call centre, or are the calls routed back to the Colombia call centre?
                TACA and Avianca have their respective call centres

I'd recommend the TACA one, as you're unlikely to get anything done via the Avianca call centre. Depending on the time of the day you could be connected to either the US or El Savador.

I suggest calling the +1-800 number during US working hours to increase your chances of getting agent who knows what he/she is doing

Comment

• I just called the +1-800 number to enquire on the availability of SQ ADL-SIN J in mid-December. The agent spoke excellent English and was eager to help, however she could not see any available flights (both Y and J) for the whole of December and January, even though ANA tool showed availability on certain dates (e.g. 13th Dec).

Guess I'll have to purchase a one-way ticket with SQ/QF or redeem using KF miles.

Comment

• I tried calling the Avianca US call centre instead since TACA couldn't see any availability for SQ regional J (ADL-SIN). Once again no availability even though I can see it with both the ANA tool and Awardtravelr. The agent suggested calling in again next week to check as Avianca and TACA only joined Star Alliance recently, and the administrative issues have yet to be sorted.

I'm more inclined to believe that SQ has blocked partner redemptions. Abit of hassle travelling ex-AUS to SIN (e.g. ADL-MEL-BKK-SIN on TG). Alternatively, I could get a Y OW fare (albeit expensive in Dec).

Comment

• Just logged in to LifeMiles and saw that SQ is now in the drop down box.

Managed to book a flight (regional J) without having to ring the call center

Comment

• Comment

• yes seems to work I can redeem the once a day 773 ex Melbourne now. yay

Comment

• As much as will miss DC, it's nice to be able to finally make a booking with LM, and for what had been blocked on DC a while ago.

Comment

• They have an offer for double LM at Hiltons for stays until now until the end of the year, rather timely as we can no longer get our 1000 DC miles per night, up to 3000 for 3 nights. Another wonderful benefit of the fabulous DC.

Comment

• It's back: Buy miles 2x1

On this Christmas, buy miles and get twice as much!

This promotion is available between December 3rd, and December 28th, 2012, as the last date of purchase.
                                This promotion is available through Avianca and TACA’s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca and TACA’s Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com and Venezuela where is available only through the Call Center
                                Maximum miles to buy: 75,000
                                Minimum of miles to buy: 1,000
                                Maximum miles to buy during a calendar year: 150,000

Comment

Working...
                                X