No announcement yet.

Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope those who are using LM have taken note of the recent increases in cost of bookings they have sneaked in unannounced in the last few weeks. Additional miles required for some bookings and they have also increased the cash amount required for bookings.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    They certainly make it difficult. Had to cancel a ticket yesterday. Was on the phone for an hour while they intermittently had to switch me back and forth to their automated verification line.
    48 minutes for me the other day, just to get them to ticket a booking that failed to go through properly on line. I usually give up or just rebook but it seemed to take the last seat available on the flights required and as it was for someone else I had to get it ticketed.

They make DC look organised....

Comment

• im sure most of us using them have noticed. It's being well discussed on the FT forum and the airline did respond to numerous Facebook complaints although not to anybody's satisfaction. Perhaps they will settle down now? hope so but who knows. I won't be holding onto large balances that's for certain.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        Perhaps they will settle down now?
        Ya think ?. Going off the sneaky way they have behaved recently I can only see it going one way.

I won't be holding onto large balances that's for certain.
        I suspect you won't be alone with that....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Ya think ?. Going off the sneaky way they have behaved recently I can only see it going one way.

I said perhaps.

As it stands it still represents good value but if it gets any worse I'll concentrate on AA

Comment

• Lifemiles has now implemented three changes with no notice whatsoever within 12 months - worst corporate governance of any *A airline...

Having said that, there is now pretty good availability on certain SQ flights in Biz - including the A380. There is also availability on refurbished 772 birds.

Just booked JFK-SIN with Lifemiles in J. Best feature: no YQ!

Comment

• Are they having any of their famous sales recently? Still haven't got my miles credited after 3 weeks, awesome... but they suddenly want to send me my card. Although apparently my address needs clarification. Bizarre.

Comment

• in other news Eva Air is now available for redemption through LM

Comment

• I have to say dealing with these morons is worse than anything I have gone through with Enrich and the worst of the DC call centre combined.

I cancelled three bookings in one call about ten days ago, the call taking the grand total of 1 hour and twenty minutes. No, that's not a typo. After 50 minutes of the call we had achieved absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. She even tried to end the call by saying 'Sorry, we cannot assist you at this time'. It was only my insistence that after almost an hour on the phone there is no way I am giving up now, and to her credit she didn't hang up which is what I expected. Another call at the weekend took 44 minutes to cancel a single booking.

My policy going forward will have to be that unless I am absolutely certain I am travelling, I aint using LM. It's going to seriouly limit my ability to use them as most of my trips change frequently and right up to the last minute but I am not going though all this every time. It's quicker and easier to get a mortgage in Pyongyang than cancel a booking with these idiots.

Comment

• ... and we bitched and moaned about Pune...... careful what you wish for

Comment

• The cheapest option now appears to be to use maximum miles instead of minimum miles + maximum cash option previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                        The cheapest option now appears to be to use maximum miles instead of minimum miles + maximum cash option previously.
                        it's best to use the 'sweet point' where the miles purchase during booking equals $15/1000 I believe. Otherwise you need to purchase more miles than necessary in advance during promos and that is limited to 150k/yr

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          it's best to use the 'sweet point' where the miles purchase during booking equals $15/1000 I believe. Otherwise you need to purchase more miles than necessary in advance during promos and that is limited to 150k/yr
                          Not quite sure what you mean but in the past, during the 2x1 miles promotion I would buy only the number of miles needed and when I am doing the booking, the best option would be the minimum number of miles required + maximum cash option.

However, when I recently did a few dummy bookings, it now shows that the best option is for maximum miles with no cash option.

Comment

The cheapest option now appears to be to use maximum miles instead of minimum miles + maximum cash option previously.
                            Purchasing miles comes at pricing from 1.5 Cents to 3 Cents.

Cash Option is always 1.55 Cents per mile.

You should always use maximum cash and 'save' your promotional miles, otherwise you have to buy them expensively for 3 cents when you really need some 'base' miles to book a ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              Purchasing miles comes at pricing from 1.5 Cents to 3 Cents.

Cash Option is always 1.55 Cents per mile.

You should always use maximum cash and 'save' your promotional miles, otherwise you have to buy them expensively for 3 cents when you really need some 'base' miles to book a ticket.
                              I'm sorry, I got a little lost there.

As an example since I always fly SIN-FUK. Below are my calculations. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Selected Flights Required miles per passenger Route Departing Arriving Cabin Type
                              SQ656 1 x 30,000 Singapore (SIN) - Fukuoka (FUK) 01:10 08:10 Business

If I use the full miles option it will be 30,000 miles at USD$15/1000 = USD$450

If I use the minimum miles + maximum cash option it will be 12000 miles + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$180(Purchase Miles) + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$463.68(Total Cost)

It used to be that selecting the minimum miles + maximum cash option would be cheaper than selecting the maximum miles option.

Comment

I'm sorry, I got a little lost there.

As an example since I always fly SIN-FUK. Below are my calculations. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Selected Flights Required miles per passenger Route Departing Arriving Cabin Type
                                SQ656 1 x 30,000 Singapore (SIN) - Fukuoka (FUK) 01:10 08:10 Business

If I use the full miles option it will be 30,000 miles at USD$15/1000 = USD$450

If I use the minimum miles + maximum cash option it will be 12000 miles + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$180(Purchase Miles) + USD$283.68(Cash portion) = USD$463.68(Total Cost)

It used to be that selecting the minimum miles + maximum cash option would be cheaper than selecting the maximum miles option.
                                There is a sweet spot somewhere around 50% miles that makes the cost the same as the 100% promo $15/1000. You have to play with the slider to find it. Hint: it will be an even dollar amount with no cents

Comment

Working...
                                X