Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    You're flying in J?!?
    No F to SIN I'm afraid, despite them announcing the start of it a few months ago. Just like they did with DPS...and CGK... I am booked in F from HKG later this month but that may get canned.

Not sure what to make of the seat to be honest, need much longer than a 2 hour hop to try it out properly. Definite improvement on the current J product but like many of these new flat beds they feel a bit cramped. I have just flown BKK-HEL on AY's flat bed A330 earlier today and that feels the same.

Still, I suppose it is a price worth paying for a flat bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      If TG reinstated F on the route, he probably wouldn't
      Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      what's with the Q mark? he is flying sin-bkk, 2 class route
      My bad. You see, sometimes even I get called out for not paying attention or posting something completely retarded.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      No F to SIN I'm afraid, despite them announcing the start of it a few months ago. Just like they did with DPS...and CGK... I am booked in F from HKG later this month but that may get canned.

Not sure what to make of the seat to be honest, need much longer than a 2 hour hop to try it out properly. Definite improvement on the current J product but like many of these new flat beds they feel a bit cramped. I have just flown BKK-HEL on AY's flat bed A330 earlier today and that feels the same.

Still, I suppose it is a price worth paying for a flat bed.
      So they just don't allow any seating in the F cabin, or is it like one of the previous posts that eluded to them filling it with J passengers?
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        So they just don't allow any seating in the F cabin, or is it like one of the previous posts that eluded to them filling it with J passengers?
        To quote the definitive answer from the esteemed Ibu Chairman, Post 30, Page 2 of this same thread...
        The situation when they fly the 380 BKK-SIN will be different to when they fly the 346.

On the 346 they will sell up to 68J seats, even though there are only 60, with the spillover going to F if needed. On the 380 they'll sell only 60, and not include the 12 F seats.

So on the 346 it's closed until they need it. On the 380 it's closed, period.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        My bad. You see, sometimes even I get called out for not paying attention or posting something completely retarded.
        Whoops!

(Twice!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Whoops!

(Twice!)
          In all fairness, that was back in September. Was more asking if that had changed. This IS TG we're talking about here!
          HUGE AL

Comment

• SIN-BKK seems to have an unofficial agreement amongst all carriers to remove F / not sell / not offer it at all, which is a pity. Same holds true on the TG A380 and they're sticking to their guns...

Comment

• I was on the TG409 yesterday. There was a TIP, I was told it is a Prince.

Anyway, seated on 27K. I think this is one of the best seat, although you may see the economy cabin on take off/landing
              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                Anyway, seated on 27K. I think this is one of the best seat, although you may see the economy cabin on take off/landing
                Is there something wrong with seeing an economy cabin ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  One doesnt like to look at the poor peoole
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• A little off topic. Will by flying TG410/409 30nov to 02dec. anyone doing the same dates?

If I have a TG J BP, are there any other lounges I can use at both SIN and BKK?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      For me nothing wrong.... But to some people it may be. I dunno.... I am just stating the fact as the 27K seat (and I believe also 27A) is actually slightly behind that the middle partition with economy cabin...
                      visit my blog

Comment

For me nothing wrong.... But to some people it may be.
                        Really ?. I have to say I have never come across people like that. What sort of person would have a problem looking at an economy class cabin on an aircraft, got any examples ?.

Comment

For me nothing wrong.... But to some people it may be. I dunno.... I am just stating the fact as the 27K seat (and I believe also 27A) is actually slightly behind that the middle partition with economy cabin...
                          That was truly a sad statement...it just didnt come out right. And I'm kinda upset to be labelled as "wrong" by "some people" as 95% of my flights have been in economy cabin...gosh

Comment

• Sorry for posting off this thread's intended topic but I can't seem to find a thread on BKK's Royal Silk Lounge.

Trying to decide between TG and SQ for an upcoming BKK holiday. Oddly enough I've never been to BKK or travelled on TG despite living in SIN all my life.

Comparing homebase lounges, how does Royal Silk compare to Silverkris?

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                              Sorry for posting off this thread's intended topic but I can't seem to find a thread on BKK's Royal Silk Lounge.

Trying to decide between TG and SQ for an upcoming BKK holiday. Oddly enough I've never been to BKK or travelled on TG despite living in SIN all my life.

Comparing homebase lounges, how does Royal Silk compare to Silverkris?
                              If you're in Y, the lounges in both BKK and SIN are really nothing to get excited about. A notable difference is that the BKK TG *G lounges have showers whereas the KF*G lounges in SIN don't. The food selection is better in the SKL BKK as compared to the TG lounges.

Holding a TG J BP, you're entitled to a 30 minute foot/neck massage in BKK.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                If you're in Y, the lounges in both BKK and SIN are really nothing to get excited about. A notable difference is that the BKK TG *G lounges have showers whereas the KF*G lounges in SIN don't. The food selection is better in the SKL BKK as compared to the TG lounges.

Holding a TG J BP, you're entitled to a 30 minute foot/neck massage in BKK.
                                I'll be travelling in J. I dont have any status anywhere so it'd be either airline's main lounges.

I've only seen pictures, I reckon SKL is in a class of its own eh?

Guess I'd probably go with SQ

Comment

Working...
                                X