No announcement yet.

THAI Airbus A380 will come to SIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is just me, but that TG410 flight really tries to make my life more difficult. Last week steering issues on the A380 lead to a 2hrs delay, but better safe than sorry so no complaint here. I took it again Mon night and hear flight is completely full. Okay fine, but where is my seat 76A on Upper Deck (bulkhead) I assigned during booking and confirmed during online check in?

Well of course they don't know and claim I'm wrong (surely my online check-in printout was just made in Photoshop ) and keep telling me it is full and I shall have to make do with one of the rearmost seats on the lower deck. F...ing great - get of the bird last and have 450 people in front of me at immigration close to midnight BKK time.

So turns out that TG SYD-BKK was cancelled Mon night for whatever reason and they routed some pax via SIN mostly on SQ to connect to TG410. Only issue is that SQ got in much later than TG410 10:00PM departure so of course we sit around waiting for close to an hour until the 100+ overflow arrive and make it from T3 to T1. Did anyone from TG announce why we waited that long or dare to apologize to the 300+ pax waiting? Of course not, it was the most normal thing in the world. TIT.

Luckily one of the Premium Fast lane passes from a kind hearted SQTalker saved me from a jam packed immigration hall and had me reach my hotel by 1:30am BKK time. Awesome TG.

Next time I pay the 100SGD more for an SQ E-fare (vs. TG Q) even if it comes out of my own pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
      Luckily one of the Premium Fast lane passes from a kind hearted SQTalker saved me from a jam packed immigration hall and had me reach my hotel by 1:30am BKK time. Awesome TG.
      Sounds like a thoroughly nice chap. Glad to hear they came in handy, I hope you didn't hand it over!.

1:30am arrival time will have given you time for a quick nitecap next door.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post

Next time I pay the 100SGD more for an SQ E-fare (vs. TG Q) even if it comes out of my own pocket.
        Just curious what make you decide on this? If the immigration issue, flying SQ E-fare will not solve the problem right?
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Just curious what make you decide on this? If the immigration issue, flying SQ E-fare will not solve the problem right?
          Arriving at 20:00 on a 777 rather than (if you're lucky) 23:20 on an A380 at the wonderful Suvarnabhumi immgration queue's has probably got a lot to do with it...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Arriving at 20:00 on a 777 rather than (if you're lucky) 23:20 on an A380 at the wonderful Suvarnabhumi immgration queue's has probably got a lot to do with it...
            If only it would ever arrive at 23:20. But that is exactly it. Rather go a bit earlier on SQ and pay more and have somewhat better on time performance too. The only earlier TG flight is at 15:55 which again is too early.

Comment

Sounds like a thoroughly nice chap. Glad to hear they came in handy, I hope you didn't hand it over!.

1:30am arrival time will have given you time for a quick nitecap next door.
              Nice chap? You bet And of course I only showed it to gain entry to the premium area and then had it sitting in my back pocket and forgot to hand it over - you know I'm getting older and a tad blur

Comment

The one good thing about the 388 on TG410 is that now they HAVE to dock at the main terminal instead of randomly bussing us out to a remote stand LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN DOING ON AND OFF THE LAST FEW MONTHS...

A bit overkill of an approach to solve this problem, though, but I appreciate it!

Comment

Ok. For earlier schedule this makes sense. But 20:00 is also a busy period in BKK right.

Demue, i think may be worth while to get HSBC Infinite card if you travel to BKK alot.

I never queue in normal immigration ever since I have HSBC Ellite traveller since last june, although I am only flying economy
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                    It is extremely quiet but I felt claustrophobic just lounging (did not try the bed mode). The seats open to the aisles would therefore be my choice if travelling alone. I have a similar issue with the LX J seats, though they provide a bit more room. But compared to SQ J, I just feel boxed in.

I was nicely surprised yesterday when i reach gate C3 to find the A380 waiting to bring me down to SIN.

I booked my trip to Europe a month or two ago and didn't even think about TG flying it to SIN or what the schedule was or whatever so it was nice to compare with the 11hr LX trip I had just had from Zurich.

To ZUR I was in 9K and on the way back 8K, so one next to the window and one next to the isle but I prefer the single window seat of 9K. On TG I was at 14B with isle access and, honestly, looking at 13A in front of me it looked like the window seat was better though I did notice the poor woman seemed to struggle a little getting out the seat. I'm sure it's really private in there, next to the bulkhead but yes, not for the claustrophobic.

Overall, we left maybe 10min late but no issues for me. 13C had an IFE problem that didn't seem to work at all. Remote and touch screen both non-responsive but maybe the iPad plugged into it didn't help.

I liked the fact it was really (really) quiet, and especially compared to even the A340 of LX. Service was pretty okay, but definately had 'Senior' staff on board.

It's going to be a tough choice for me in the future if TG keep to their current pricing levels, LX from SIN to ZUR or the TG from SIN to FRA.

Comment

• FYI

TG410/409 on 11 November 2012 will be operated by B747-400 instead of A380
                      visit my blog

Comment

• About to give this thing a try in J on TG410. Thankfully I haven't been TG'd as I saw it as we taxied past T1. Nice of SQ226 to park at B9 when on a shortish transit to a flight from T1.

I see they have a 'Traffic Programme Information' leaflet on the desk in the lounge advising what equipment is (supposed to be) operating each flight, and TG409/410 is listed as A380 & 777.

I hope demue is not on the flight as I wanted to get there before midnight if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          About to give this thing a try in J on TG410.
                          You're flying in J?!?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            You're flying in J?!?
                            If TG reinstated F on the route, he probably wouldn't

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              If TG reinstated F on the route, he probably wouldn't
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                what's with the Q mark? he is flying sin-bkk, 2 class route
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X