Votes for the most miserable airline crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    SK for me as it's the luck of the draw when it comes to the crew (plus the BoB system they use considering the prices they charge!!)... Anyways, intra-Europe flights in Y are nothing to shout about. You generally get a cold sandwich and no service... But with that said, I quite like LX, especially in J...
    I've been avoiding SK since they moved to punishment class several years ago and you've reminded me why.

LX in J can be very good but if the flight is operated by a lease such as the Helvetic flights to BHX, it can be much more inconsistent. I had a pleasant surprise on LH Y to MAD, where FRA-MAD (and return) provided a small but decent hot meal each way.

Comment

Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
      LX in J can be very good but if the flight is operated by a lease such as the Helvetic flights to BHX, it can be much more inconsistent. I had a pleasant surprise on LH Y to MAD, where FRA-MAD (and return) provided a small but decent hot meal each way.
      I flew LX in J for the first time recently - only ZRH-IST r/t - and was looking forward to it. However, I was surprised/shocked at how dire the food was, e.g. the steak literally was like boot leather; they ran out of main choices both times (so a group of vegetarians after us had to eat bread only as the non-meat choice was all gone); and the slowness of the service (e.g. on on one flight, a single FA pushing both the food and the drinks trolley to serve the whole of J!) etc. I assume/hope LX mid/longhaul is much better!

By contrast, a month before the LX flights, I also took BA to IST and the food there was much better, e.g. for breakfast, my friend sat in Y who got a juicy lamb chop and a big pot of yoghurt (compared to my boring English breakfast which nevertheless was better than LX's pathetic offering)! Subsequently, LX in J were about the same as BA in Y so we went for LX and we can now understand why.

Comment

Much as I hate to say it the last two sq flights have not been good, J class to Osaka and Y from Tokyo. The flight to Osaka was a very early flight so opted for the breakfast option and went to sleep but the FAs were just not friendly at all, I thought nothing of it when we took off but it looked like the FAs were really p55ed off to be working on the red eye flight and the forced smiles and curtness of them was a surprise.

Breakfast was served but you could really see it was feed them then get them off mentality, my wife commentated on it as well and having paid a considerable premium to fly SQ J we were very disappointed.
        The flight back from Tokyo was again not that pleasurable, while I appreciate they have a lot of people to deal with it was nothing like the normal friendly FAs you get on SQ in Y.

Comment

Working...
        X