Votes for the most miserable airline crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votes for the most miserable airline crew

We know Thai are generally inconsistent, but what they are very consistent at is miserable and somewhat unhappy crew.....

Based upon my last 9 flights with Thai, busy and quiet business cabin alike, no matter how nice you are they can hardly manage a smile or even look interested? Makes me laugh when you see the large billboards in Bangkok as you leave the airport promoting happy stewardess with that famous Thai smile....

Any other votes for the world most miserable airline crew, I have my own top ten?

Negatory on opinions about TG. I think the TR crew have it the worst...

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
      Any other votes for the world most miserable airline crew, I have my own top ten?
      My vote would be Emirates, it has really gone down hill on service. Everything is always to much of a problem for the crew, you want a drink get it yourself. have not traveled with Thai Airlines.

You could do a top ten off the best and worst. The best crew would be SQ. Qantas crew has always been quite good (in an Oz way) when I`ve used them.

Comment

BA are nothing to shout about. Once everybody is fed and watered you dont see them for a few ours.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          BA are nothing to shout about. Once everybody is fed and watered you dont see them for a few ours.
          That very much depends on the crew. If you get Militant Mona and her mates, they disappear very quickly, but you can get some very good BA crews and in all classes.

The two airlines I try to avoid the most for long-haul are VS and UA, there's more than just the on-board service that causes this, but with both carriers it was consistently sub-par and miserable. I've now managed to avoid UA for a decade.

QF (apart from one Mussolini in Micromesh once) have always been pretty decent. No faults either with CX or SQ.

Comment

LH european get my vote...especially in y "cheese or ham"...

Comment

Didn't particularly like my NRT-SIN flight on NW on NYE. And while I like KA, CX's SIN-HKG services are not particularly pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                On the contrary, I find them very good! Polite , professional, and well, LH like.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  On the contrary, I find them very good! Polite , professional, and well, LH like.
                  Indeed and willing to think outside the box sometime, hence getting "breakfast" on the ground during a long take-off delay the other day at BHX.

Some people claim Eurowings crews (LH Regional out of DUS and STR) can be a bit offish, but I've not really noticed a difference.

Comment

Two incidents which made me avoid at all cost flights on CX and NWA....

Was on NWA to SIN from NRT after having spent some days holidaying in Japan.... had a Singaporean FA serving us in Y.... our mistake of not making meal request at check in... they were serving beef or something, they ran out of the something when its our turn, dear old wife being a non beef eater requested for the something.... but the FA told her no, either beef or nothing.... she told us sacrastically that we should have made our meal request when check in and I still remember the joiner she gave... "its free you know"... that was it.... never never NWA....

on that CX flight, I was in Y coming home from BKK.... when onboard, hey, someone was at my seat.... a caucasian.... after letting the FA know, they shifted the caucasian off to J and I was left with an unmade used seat.... further, the blardy seat was dripping water from overhead... I was so angry that I wave off the FAs when they came round serving food... CX, you lost my business.....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
                      We know Thai are generally inconsistent, but what they are very consistent at is miserable and somewhat unhappy crew.....

Based upon my last 9 flights with Thai, busy and quiet business cabin alike, no matter how nice you are they can hardly manage a smile or even look interested? Makes me laugh when you see the large billboards in Bangkok as you leave the airport promoting happy stewardess with that famous Thai smile....

According to my experiences with TG, it appears that the more senior crew are the "miserable" ones while the junior crew shows more enthusiasm in their work and provide better service. I had seen really sour-faced crew as well as really fantastic crew on TG. However up till date, the best ever set of crew I had experienced was on Silkair!
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Kapitan, you should have told them that the food is not free but rather included in the price of the ticket!
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                          SK for me as it's the luck of the draw when it comes to the crew (plus the BoB system they use considering the prices they charge!!)... Anyways, intra-Europe flights in Y are nothing to shout about. You generally get a cold sandwich and no service... But with that said, I quite like LX, especially in J...
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                              I found Virgin in Y pretty poor to Vegas. In fact they were awful.

They hid in the galley for most of the flight.
                              Are you refering to VS or VX?

My personal pet peeve is when an FA gets argumentative about what F&B item they do not carry on board even when it says in print on the menu that they do (which flight are you working on, sweetie?)

To this, the honors go to NW on a transpacific flight in F sometime in the late 90s (when times were still relatively good for the industry).

Incidentally, SQ is also in my F&B dementia black list for an incident that occurred in Y on SQ 18 back in the day. I have never seen the FS in question ever again
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                              X