Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly mistake. Surname and given name switcheroo on CX - problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some issues having mileage cretited to MPC before in a similar situation. Had to speak to a supervisor and manually leave boarding passes at the HKG MPC service desk before they were able to credit.

Comment

Submitted the claim to BAEC - and it got rejected. They said to view details in the confirmation email, which I did not get. What to do next?

Comment

Have you tried submitting/calling them for an appeal? For MH it always works for me.
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Submitted the claim to BAEC - and it got rejected. They said to view details in the confirmation email, which I did not get. What to do next?
          I'd call BAEC. They've been mostly helpful when I've called.

But you might want to wait, as I imagine they're going to be fielding a lot of phone calls in the next few days if the strikes proceed as announced.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
            Have you tried submitting/calling them for an appeal? For MH it always works for me.
            Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            I'd call BAEC. They've been mostly helpful when I've called.

But you might want to wait, as I imagine they're going to be fielding a lot of phone calls in the next few days if the strikes proceed as announced.

I did earlier today already. They asked me to fax my boarding passes and eticket across which i duly did. Not very long after that call I finally got the emails for the rejection that i said i didn't get earlier (for the claim made via the online tool). It said:

We regret that we cannot continue with your claim
            for the flight below. This journey has already been
            claimed and any eligible BA Miles and Tier Points have
            already been awarded to your account

Oh well. Let's wait till to see the outcome of the manual claim. I'm a patient girl

Comment

I did earlier today already. They asked me to fax my boarding passes and eticket across which i duly did. Not very long after that call I finally got the emails for the rejection that i said i didn't get earlier (for the claim made via the online tool). It said:

Oh well. Let's wait till to see the outcome of the manual claim. I'm a patient girl
              I need to learn patience from you. If the miles don't post soon, I'd also include a screen shot of your BAEC account activities page in your follow-up fax.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The last time I contacted BAEC to get missing miles credited I got a similar email. Except in my case they said that they could not credit the miles as they could not see that I had taken the flight (despite me sending them a scanned copy of my boarding pass). Then about a day later I got the miles credited to my account.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  I need to learn patience from you. If the miles don't post soon, I'd also include a screen shot of your BAEC account activities page in your follow-up fax.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  The last time I contacted BAEC to get missing miles credited I got a similar email. Except in my case they said that they could not credit the miles as they could not see that I had taken the flight (despite me sending them a scanned copy of my boarding pass). Then about a day later I got the miles credited to my account.
                  Still no dice as of today. I've got something in mind for the miles, but it's not needed for quite some time yet, so not overly fussed at the moment. I guess they also have more pressing things on their mind at the moment

Comment

Got the miles credited today:

Chronology: Booked with mistake 28 Feb
                    Flew 6/7 March
                    Raised claim via online system: 14 March
                    Called BAEC and got asked to fax stuff over: 19th March 10am
                    Got email from BAEC saying claim rejected: 19th March 12pm
                    Called BAEC and asked if the rejection was from online claim or the manual claim: 26th March
                    Miles credited: 29th March.

Phew!

Comment

Made a booking for SQ flight through BD and accidentally made a small mistake in name. Name should be XXXYXXXX but is actually XXXXXXX (i.e. one letter missed in the surname) and still sounds the same (Y is a silent letter). Spoke to SQ (ICC) and they said that it had to be reissued by BD and they will not add a note to the booking and that if I try check-in then I will be denied!

BD say that they would have to cancel and rebook and during the process its highly likely that the seats won't go back into award inventory. So I am in a bit of a dilemma here... SQ ICC said I would be denied boarding, however I don't think this would be the case.

What would you do in this case?
                      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                        SQ ICC said I would be denied boarding, however I don't think this would be the case.
                        Not likely to be denied. It's a very small mistake.

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                        What would you do in this case?
                        Nothing. Since it's an award, you're not going to have the face the hassle of having to mail in BP's to get your miles anyway. Sit back and enjoy!

Comment

Actually, here's a list of mistakes with tickets I've had and all ended up ok.

1. No salutation (not necessarily a mistake)
                          2. Mr. SQFG
                          3. Surname/Given name switcheroo (as per the thread)
                          4. Missing third chinese name. Tan Ah Beng, issued as Tan Ah
                          5. Surname and first chinese name together: Surname Tan Ah. Given Name: Beng
                          6. Chinese given name switcheroo: Surname Tan. Given name Beng Ah.

As for spelling mistakes, usually if it makes sense and it's small - they'll let you go.

If Tan Ah Beng is spelt Tan Ah Bing, Tan Ah Ben, Tan Ai Beng - you're likely to be let go.

If Tan Ah Beng is spelt Ludmilla Tereshkova, Igor Fyodorov or Joao Marcus da Silva.... you have a problem

*ps - in case anyone is wondering, no, Tan Ah Beng is not my name.

Comment

Let me add :

If name on passport is Tan Ah Beng and your reservation ends up being Beng/Tan Ah .... the airline people know its a legitimate problem and will allow you to fly as all your names are the same on the passport. Its just the order that it is in. It is a very common mistake on Chinese names and the way it is placed on some passports, ie Singapore, Malaysian when the surname isn't listed as an actual surname but 'buried' somewhere in the full name...ie John Tan Ah Beng.. and on the passport , John actually sometimes shows up as the Surname.. and anyone outside asia would think that Beng is the last name whereas Tan is actually the last name.

Comment

1. No salutation (not necessarily a mistake)
                              Just curious, how did you not have a salutation? Isn't it compulsory upon booking?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                Just curious, how did you not have a salutation? Isn't it compulsory upon booking?
                                No, it is not when booking through travel agent GDS's, nor is it compulsory on Expedia for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X