Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly mistake. Surname and given name switcheroo on CX - problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly mistake. Surname and given name switcheroo on CX - problems?

Just booked a rather nice value fare for next weekend to go on CX.
    In haste, I've put my given name in the surname space and vice versa.
    Since it's an I class fare, they want 75 SGD to reissue, the alternative was they said they'd put a note in my PNR.

I chose the latter - and on SQ, it's not usually a problem. Anyone know what the situation's like on CX?

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Since it's an I class fare, they want 75 SGD to reissue, the alternative was they said they'd put a note in my PNR.

I chose the latter - and on SQ, it's not usually a problem. Anyone know what the situation's like on CX?
    Mistakes happen and as long as the comment in the PNR makes sense, no one will deny you boarding. SQ won't do and CX won't do either :-)

Comment

I'm sure it won't be a big deal, as long as you don't do it on a flight to (or within) the US. Who knows what those power-tripping TSA people will do to you in the back room.

Comment

On CX I "got away" with it before, telling the check-in girl it was my first time flying and had a very pathetic look, and they did not stop me from boarding. (Let's say my first name is spw and last 21) so on my BP it showed 21SPW/MR I think on flights to the US they would be much more strict with the checks
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Never a problem with security/immigration. my passport has my first name incorrectly as my last name and I've never had a problem flying to a bunch of countries (including USA) on a bunch of airlines (including CX) with the ticket booked the normal way:

ie. my passport says
          Lastname: John
          Firstname: Doe

while my tickets say:
          Lastname: Doe
          Firstname: John

Your only problem will be with your FFP as the name on the ticket won't match the name in the FFP so you'll have to do a retro claim.

Comment

If you want to be absolutely sure, by all means pay the reissue fee and get yourself reticketed.

However as discussed on msn, I think the PNR notation will suffice.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I have no actual experience, yet I cannot imagine there could be any problem except to/from USA.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I feel a bit better now. Still can't believe I made that mistake though.

On a side note - I'm kinda wondering - since Savage25 brought up a good point on miles credit: Which OW FFP is it easiest to do a retro claim on then?

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I feel a bit better now. Still can't believe I made that mistake though.

On a side note - I'm kinda wondering - since Savage25 brought up a good point on miles credit: Which OW FFP is it easiest to do a retro claim on then?
                  According to my past experiences, CX and AA are easy as you can claim the missing miles online. JL and QF use the old way, by sending your BP, ticket, missing miles form etc through mail. (Not sure if you can claim it on JL as in my case, they did not let me cause my name on ticket does not match the one on my card)

Hope that helps.. Btw, you can earn miles on a discounted fare on CX?
                  Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
                    According to my past experiences, CX and AA are easy as you can claim the missing miles online. JL and QF use the old way, by sending your BP, ticket, missing miles form etc through mail. (Not sure if you can claim it on JL as in my case, they did not let me cause my name on ticket does not match the one on my card)

Hope that helps.. Btw, you can earn miles on a discounted fare on CX?

Yes it helps much, thanks! And yes, this fare earns miles - cause it's discounted J (I class speshul). I might even right a trip report about it. We'll see

Comment

I think you should run for JL Diamond.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        I think you should run for JL Diamond.
                        The way things are going with that company, I should run FROM JL diamond

Comment

I've booked once on a value fare to HK on line any had the same issues....called up MP in HK and managed to write off the charges complimentary...try calling KL CX office to rectify and ask for the ticketing manager

Comment

I also took CX flight and made same mistake 2 months ago. Called them, they put a note, and no issue on boarding. Points went to QF easily.

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X