No announcement yet.

One World RTW questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be buying a separate ticket or redeeming miles for the HAV-MEX segment. MIght do a HAV-MEX-LHR-MEX ticket instead but I don't know where I could get the ticket issued.

I can't seem to buy the Mexicana flight anywhere. It shows up on the Mexicana website but I can't purchase it. Something to do with US blah blah blah...

Presumably if the US is involved, it is unlikely I would be able to redeem HAV-MEX with my AA miles?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      If you didn't ticket with AA or include any AA segments then you could include Mexicana MEX-HAV-MEX flights in the xONEx. (Note if ticketed during the OW 10th anniversary sale a reissue to change routing will be expensive because you'll lose the discount.)
      Kiwi, am currently booked SIN-BOM-LHR. If I change the routing SIN-BOM, DEL-LHR, would that result in a reissue of the ticket? Or do I just pay the associated penalty changes, plus an extra segment? I do not want a reissue and ticket re-pricing but don't mind paying the penalty charges.

Many thanks.
      Last edited by phaleesy; 7 January 2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        I would be buying a separate ticket or redeeming miles for the HAV-MEX segment. MIght do a HAV-MEX-LHR-MEX ticket instead but I don't know where I could get the ticket issued.

I can't seem to buy the Mexicana flight anywhere. It shows up on the Mexicana website but I can't purchase it. Something to do with US blah blah blah...

Presumably if the US is involved, it is unlikely I would be able to redeem HAV-MEX with my AA miles?
        English language page of Mexicana website may be for USA, try the spanish page?

Yes, AAdvantage miles cannot be used to redeem on Cuba flights.

Kiwi, am currently booked SIN-BOM-LHR. If I change the routing SIN-BOM, DEL-LHR, would that result in a reissue of the ticket? Or do I just pay the associated penalty changes, plus an extra segment? I do not want a reissue and ticket re-pricing but don't mind paying the penalty charges.

Many thanks.
        That is a change of routing and thus needs to be reissued. So you'd face the repricing, plus reissue fee if travel has not yet commenced on this ticket, plus any admin fees charged by the airline.

Changes that are purely date and/or carrier, but keeping routing intact (and not changing any transits to stopovers) do not require reissue. All other changes do.

Comment

That is a change of routing and thus needs to be reissued. So you'd face the repricing, plus reissue fee if travel has not yet commenced on this ticket, plus any admin fees charged by the airline.
          That would depend on when phaleesy's ticket was issued. If issued under an older version of the fare rules before the repricing rule was inserted (which is v recently IIRC), only the USD125 rerouting penalty is applicable and the ticket will not need to be repriced as the rules that were in place at time of issuance would apply for the life of the ticket.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            That would depend on when phaleesy's ticket was issued. If issued under an older version of the fare rules before the repricing rule was inserted (which is v recently IIRC), only the USD125 rerouting penalty is applicable and the ticket will not need to be repriced as the rules that were in place at time of issuance would apply for the life of the ticket.
            The 10th anniversary promotion specifically DID have wording that said any changes would mean repricing to the new rate.

You are correct that older issued xONEx's (eg from a year ago) did not have such wording. My recent DONE4 was one such. My next xONEx which was issued during the sale will cost me ~$1000 to reissue for the change I wish to make. Needless to say I'm holding off making that change.

Comment

The 10th anniversary promotion specifically DID have wording that said any changes would mean repricing to the new rate.
              I stand corrected. Since phaleesy is on an ex-ICN, that'd be one hell of a repricing considering the fare hike.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yes.

KeithMEL and Kiwi are right. The ticket is not only ex-ICN, it was also bought during the sale.

Comment

My ticket had to be reissued. No re-pricing.

JL has cancelled their MEX-YVR flights. I'm now booked onto Mexicana. A new airline for me to try!

I had to pay £25 for all the changes I was making - dates, flights...

I called the UK number given to me by KeithMEL (thanks, Keith!) and spoke to a nice lady working in the New Zealand call centre.

I'd try the Spanish website tomorrow for the HAV-MEX flight. Thanks, Kiwi.

Comment

No re-pricing.

I had to pay £25 for all the changes I was making - dates, flights...
                    Yes, a lot of the airlines will ding you with nonsense fees like these even though most of these changes (dates/flights/carriers) are supposed to be free. QF in particular seems to have its own interpretation of the fare rules. However in this instance it seems to have worked in your favour on the whole.

Comment

phaleesy - your flights should be safe from strike. The re-balloting has been deferred a few days and the earliest possible BA strike date is now about 26th February.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Kiwi.

There would never be a good time for a strike. I have BA flights in March, April and May.

Comment

phaleesy - your flights should be safe from strike. The re-balloting has been deferred a few days and the earliest possible BA strike date is now about 26th February.
                          I read on mFT:

Unite have delayed the issue of the ballot from 15th January to 22nd January
                          And I wrote:

Originally posted by jhm
                          So if it's in favour of a strike, IIRC it's about one month from the issue to the ballot result and then another week after the result before the earliest posible strike ? In other words, at the beginning of March ?
                          But I'm happy to be corrected.

Comment

You are correct that older issued xONEx's (eg from a year ago) did not have such wording. My recent DONE4 was one such. My next xONEx which was issued during the sale will cost me ~$1000 to reissue for the change I wish to make. Needless to say I'm holding off making that change.
                            I bought an AONE3 during the 2009 spring sale, ex-ICN. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded the rest of it (I've already flown about half) to an AONE4, and the up charge for the extra continent was priced at the pricing level in effect at the time of original purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm
                              So if it's in favour of a strike, IIRC it's about one month from the issue to the ballot result and then another week after the result before the earliest posible strike ? In other words, at the beginning of March ?
                              The new strike ballot has now been announced for 25 January which I understands means the earliest possible strike date is around 4 March.

It looks like BA are doing what they can to prepare (and face down the union) - they've asked for volunteers internally to train as crew cabin:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13203888-post242.html

Originally posted by Willie Walsh
                              I am asking for volunteers to back BA by training to work alongside cabin crew who choose not to support a strike, so we are ready to keep our customers flying as much as we possibly can if this strike goes ahead.

Comment

Ballot closes 22 February, add 1 week + 1 day for strike notice to get earliest strike start date of 2 March.

Comment

Working...
                                X