One World RTW questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    ...(along with several price increases)...
    Wow, KRW 13,322,100 now puts OW HIGHER than *A's KRW 12,506,300!
    Last edited by HUGE AL; 3 May 2009, 11:32 AM.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Looks like there are OW lurkers on here as well.
      That has long been requested/subject of complaints to OW.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Might or might not be due to the work of OW lurkers. Good work if they actually read and implemented changes so quickly, though I think it's unlikely.
        Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        That has long been requested/subject of complaints to OW.
        I didn't mean it seriously, hence the emoticon.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Just thought of something when I re-read this (specifically the "Israel" and "Oman" part): Not sure what country passport you hold, but there are certain ones where you would need to exercise "prudence" in entry stamps.
          Speaking of passports, SFO lady looked into TIP and reported that it would be difficult for US citizens (i.e. you) to obtain visas for Libya. No TIP trip then!

Comment

Speaking of passports, SFO lady looked into TIP and reported that it would be difficult for US citizens (i.e. you) to obtain visas for Libya. No TIP trip then!
            The rules changed last year. It is easy enough, but you do need to get an arabic translation of your passport info page.

Comment

Posting to confirm that I am reading the rules correctly.

Section h i)
              Travel on a codeshare service is permitted only when it is operated by OW metal?
              Am currently on QF51 SIN-BOM, running Tues, Thu and Sat only.
              QF3951 runs everyday at a much more convenient time. Seems to be operated by 9W?
              I am thinking I cannot travel on this flight?

Comment

Sounds right to me

Comment

Posting to confirm that I am reading the rules correctly.

Section h i)
                  Travel on a codeshare service is permitted only when it is operated by OW metal?
                  Am currently on QF51 SIN-BOM, running Tues, Thu and Sat only.
                  QF3951 runs everyday at a much more convenient time. Seems to be operated by 9W?
                  I am thinking I cannot travel on this flight?
                  Correct - no 9W operated flights allowed on xONEx.

Comment

I've got a BA flight (BOM-LHR) in Feb which might be affected by the strike.

Would I be able to reroute when that happens? Would there be any associated penalties?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

What date? The ballot starts end of next week and will take 4 weeks, then a further 7 days notice is required. Any strike, it if happens, can't start until late February.

If a strike is confirmed then BA will rebook on other airlines or offer free change of dates (ie they can waive fare rules).

Depending on your flexibility you might be able to be proactive (but this needs to comply with the fare rules).

For example on my DONE4 over Christmas I rebooked a BA flight to IB when the strike was confirmed without waiting for BA to do it for me. My 2 other BA flights had no alternatives that fit the fare rules so I had to wait and see what BA would do.

Comment

Date and carrier changes are free. If you reroute the ticket yourself, the penalty will be USD125. As Kiwi stated, this will be waived if you're involuntarily rebooked by BA.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

What date? The ballot starts end of next week and will take 4 weeks, then a further 7 days notice is required. Any strike, it if happens, can't start until late February.
                          Late 19th Feb or early 20th Feb, BOM-LHR
                          20th Feb, LHR-ZRH

LHR-ZRH is not booked yet and would be on a separate ticket.

I've counted the days, my travel dates seem to land right smack in the middle of the strike.

Comment

That should be okay. Earliest possible date for a strike (18 Jan + 4 weeks + 7 days) is something like 21st or 22nd Feb.

Comment

That should be okay. Earliest possible date for a strike (18 Jan + 4 weeks + 7 days) is something like 21st or 22nd Feb.
                              Thanks, Kiwi!

I would have a BA ZRH-LHR on 21 Feb!

Should I try booking my flights with LX for the LHR-ZRH-LHR segments instead? I think the flights were rather expensive the last time I checked.

include MEX and pick up separate MEX-HAV return (these are relatively cheap on several airlines).
                              I can't find any flights from HAV to MEX on Expertflyer and Expedia!

What are my options? I'd like a one way HAV-MEX, then possibly a MEX-LHR return. Any of the three alliances would be okay. I can also redeem miles on BA, AF and *, though I'd rather earn than burn. Suggestions please? Thanks in advance!
                              Last edited by phaleesy; 6 January 2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

If you didn't ticket with AA or include any AA segments then you could include Mexicana MEX-HAV-MEX flights in the xONEx. (Note if ticketed during the OW 10th anniversary sale a reissue to change routing will be expensive because you'll lose the discount.)

Comment

Working...
                                X