GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMD View Post

Y seats all have AVOD IFE as well. The first one being retrofitted is PK-GPF.

The plan is that all A330-300s will be retrofitted by July 2010 the latest. Two new flat bed products are now available on the 4 A332s and 1 A333.

AVOD IFE on all classes is now available on 9 aircraft ( 4 A332s, 1 A333, and 4 B738NGs).
    any info about where is Garuda deploying this new rotrofitted A330-300?

Comment

• Originally posted by zhoux View Post
      any info about where is Garuda deploying this new rotrofitted A330-300?
      The current 6 A333s regularly serve DPS - NRT, KIX, NGO, MEL, SYD, PVG, ICN as well as several CGK - DPS and SUB routes. Sometimes when there is a demand, it also serves CGK - MES.

So, when all of the A333s have been retrofitted, we can expect to see them in all these routes.

Comment

• The New Retrofited Garuda A-330-300

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        The current 6 A333s regularly serve DPS - NRT, KIX, NGO, MEL, SYD, PVG, ICN as well as several CGK - DPS and SUB routes. Sometimes when there is a demand, it also serves CGK - MES.

So, when all of the A333s have been retrofitted, we can expect to see them in all these routes.
        Anyway if you guys are curious about the retrofited A-330-300, here are some of the pictures that I can share. Actually the chair isn't similar what they'd displayed before, and there's a better improvement for the IFE and its LCD Screen size (15 inch). the package is similar with Korean Air New Business Class only the Pax remote control in GA A330-300 is PANASONIC hehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          I have an upcoming CGK-DPS-CGK trip this month. Hoping to get on the new aircraft.
          Are they running this new bird on the CGK-DPS flights, and if so how can you check what aircraft is scheduled ?.

The GA website doesn't seem to give aircraft type ?.

Comment

• AFAIK there are two flights a day between CGK and DPS with the A333s. They are GA 412 & 414 CGK-DPS and GA 411 & 415 DPS-CGK.

Not sure if they have finished refurbishing all the A333s though.

Comment

AFAIK there are two flights a day between CGK and DPS with the A333s. They are GA 412 & 414 CGK-DPS and GA 411 & 415 DPS-CGK.

All 6 (GPA, GPC, GPD, GPE, GPF, GPG) A333s have been retrofitted with the new seats. The refurbishment program was completed in July 2010.

AVOD will be turned on for all flights but AFAIK the number of movies available for viewing will be limited to up to about 10 (under the blockbuster section) for short regional and domestic flights. The number of TV programs however are not restricted.

The latest GA Entertainment guide now puts the number of movies available on its AVOD system to be about 50 movies which includes new releases and blockbusters Hollywood, European, Mandarin, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, and Bolllywood movies.

Comment

AFAIK there are two flights a day between CGK and DPS with the A333s. They are GA 412 & 414 CGK-DPS and GA 411 & 415 DPS-CGK.

That's a shame as they are afternoon departures and the latest I can fly is the 1030 departure.

Oh well, what are the 737's like ?.

Comment

• Not sure if there are some flights that are guaranteed to be the new products -- I'm sure our resident GA expert UMD can share more.
                  The old products are well, old. Similar to MI's old J, but IIRC slightly more spacious and the seats more comfortable.

Comment

• It doesn't really matter for such a short flight, but it would have been nice to try the new long haul J product.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Oh well, what are the 737's like ?.
                      I flew CGK - DPS in GA's new B737-800s, the ones that boast the new cabin interior in the Singapore Airshow earlier this year. Apparently, it was a CGK - DPS - PER flight, but I somehow managed to secure a seat for CGK - DPS. On the way back, I was surprised to fly in the A332 for DPS - CGK. Flight was GA409.

The new 737-800 I flew CGK - DPS are better than I expected. IFE is wonderful and I have no complaints. Seats are not hard and the legroom was not too small. Seat covers are appealing to the eye. I flew both flights in Y.
                      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• One of our forum members who is much more of a GA guru than me told me that in normal operation, all flights from CGK - DPS with flight numbers GA 406 and above will be served by A330. For the return DPS - CGK flights, GA 407, 409, 411 will be on A330.

Comment

• SIN-DPS-SIN

Which aircraft does GA use for its SIN-DPS-SIN route? I need to make a last minute booking over Christmas for the whole family and SQ is overpriced. I need a morning departure so GA seems to be the best option.

Comment

• I think it is B737-800

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratman View Post
                              I think it is B737-800
                              Yes confirm DPS-SIN-DPS flight are all with B737-800.

They adjusted their schedule to cater for SIN market I guess. Arriving SIN late night and depart SIN in the morning. Perfect for Singaporean holiday maker
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Not sure I will like the brown of the Y seats

Comment

Working...
                                X