Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of GA's new A332 at SIN.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Garud...243/1562017/M/

Too bad you missed it UMD, but I guess you were too busy getting your "n"th op-up on SQ!

Comment

I've just flown on PK-GPH yesterday for MEL-CGK route.. Hope to make a short TR later... New seat was great, however my seat had a bit of malfunction on the footrest

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Pic of GA's new A332 at SIN.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Garud...243/1562017/M/

Too bad you missed it UMD, but I guess you were too busy getting your "n"th op-up on SQ!
        I have to pledge my loyalty to those who love me and SQ loves me so much lately. My 4th op-up in the last 30 days just happened again this Thursday. TPP run anyone?

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
        I've just flown on PK-GPH yesterday for MEL-CGK route.. Hope to make a short TR later... New seat was great, however my seat had a bit of malfunction on the footrest
        I hope you have had a great flight. Can't wait for the TR. What was the malfunction with the footrest? I heard some of the crews still had a little problem adjusting to the new product. GA has been so 19th century (I know this is over-exaggerated) with its cabin products in the past that the introduction of all these new products will indeed take some time for some of the old crews to adjust.

BTW, I have just learned that GA has stopped recruiting male cabin crews starting this year. It is now increasing the number of its female crews and may possibly go to all female in the future. Maybe someone finally figures out that us guys don't look too nice in Kebayas.
        Last edited by UMD; 8 August 2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          TPP run anyone?
          If you're referring to me, well consider me crawling...

BTW, I have just learned that GA has stopped recruiting male cabin crews starting this year. It is now increasing the number of its female crews and may possibly go to all female in the future. Maybe someone finally figures out that us guys don't look too nice in Kebayas.

Comment

I hope you have had a great flight. Can't wait for the TR. What was the malfunction with the footrest? I heard some of the crews still had a little problem adjusting to the new product. GA has been so 19th century (I know this is over-exaggerated) with its cabin products in the past that the introduction of all these new products will indeed take some time for some of the old crews to adjust.
            UMD, overall flight was great... cabin crew were surprisingly attentive and friendly... However, the footrest failed to reset back to upright position.. normally you would be able to reset it with one-touch of a button...

I agree with the crew adjustment... they still tried to understand how the new IFE works

Overall, great improvement by GA... Hope I can finish my TR when I return to MEL

Comment

CGK-PVG direct, only tuesday and thursday

My brother and mother flew here, PVG, with the brand new A330-200 as well, and they said it was a delightful flight, except for the terrible turbulance occured at 3am..
              I'll be flying one also in a week time. Can't wait, and will be sure taking a lot of pics.
              One thing to note is that they fly this brand new configuration only on their direct flight from Jakarta (and return) on tuesday and thursday. Other days (monday and friday) is served by the A333 which is still with the old configuration, plus transfer in DPS.

Comment

I have found a trip report onboard the new GA's SYD to CGK service from Sam Chui on his site. Here is the link:

http://www.samchuiphotos.com/Indonesia09/

Comment

believed Garuda will operate its new A330 from SIN to CGK daily in its evening flight from sometime next month

Comment

It's the 7.10pm outbound from SIN according to the Straits Times.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                      It's the 7.10pm outbound from SIN according to the Straits Times.
                      Darn... Too late for sushi running.

Comment

new garuda indonesia experience

garuda indonesia's new First Class will be introduced on its B777-300ER aircrafts to be delivered in 2011. the airline will aim for a 5-star skytrax rating by 2012 but before that, it aims for a 4-star rating this year, with the introduction of the new garuda indonesia experience beginning this october.

all food will be signature garuda indonesia food with specialized traditional indonesian food. passengers will have a chance to sample the dishes on board starting this month (sense of taste)

all ambience music in the aircraft, lounges, and offices will be changed to traditional indonesian music for a better indonesian experience on and off the aircraft (sense of hearing)

indonesian aromatheraphy will be introduced in all offices and lounges. they actually plan to put that in the aircraft too but afraid that the scent might not be suitable for some passengers (sense of smell)

batiks on every seat, bamboo pattern on plane interior walls, and customized traditional designs on crew uniform and amenities such as tissue boxes, palletes, trays, bread baskets, etc in the offices and on the planes, all designed by famous designers (sense of sight)

traditional warm greetings done by crews and even ground staff who are working for other companies on behalf of garuda (gestures) the company aim to win best cabin crew award in 2010

all these, and plans of IPO in 2010 going ahead, are great signs for garuda.
                        let's hope for the best of the revival.

Comment

Originally posted by psidarta View Post
                          the airline will aim for a 5-star skytrax rating by 2012 but before that, it aims for a 4-star rating this year...
                          It's always good to aim high!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            It's always good to aim high!

Comment

All those things need money, and if Garuda can keep those corruptors out of their system, they shouldn't be having any problem with funding, hence can aim for a 4 star or even 5 star skytrax. And then, it's always easier to get there, but always more difficult to maintain the position, like old saying goes: Indonesia is famous for "good at creating but worst at maintaning..."

and they're now flying to hong kong with this new aircraft, daily, after shanghai, seoul, melbourne, and sydney

Comment

well there's lots of goodwill there now, let's hope it's going to work
                                i would think the management itself is encouraged by the progress they've made and the compliments they've been getting. performance wise, they're doing good too.. and it comes at the right time, the last quarter of the year are busy period of ramadhan and year end holiday, and they have the haj season coming up too... should be a profitable period for them, now with more aircrafts and better everything.
                                and by the way, the new garuda indonesia experience will come into effect next month, a source confirmed...

Comment

Working...
                                X