No announcement yet.

SQ Suite Class Outclassed! Aka QF F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the soup, a Peter Lehmann Wigan Riesling 2004 was served. It is not a usual sweet Riesling and I really liked it.

It was a great accompaniment to the Seared Blue Fin Tuna Salad with Edamame, Tatsoi and Sashimi Style Dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
      I don't think so since we had metal on all other flights. I have no clue why these were plastic....
      CASA used to require plastic knives for all flights to/from Australia. However I believe this policy has changed as I've had metal knives on all my flights since Nov. These were in PE or J.

The degustation menu is very good, but I felt well and truly overstuffed after going through the whole meal!
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 January 2011, 08:16 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

For he next dish, we were served a Bannockburn Sauvignon Blanc 2009. This again is not a typical flavor for a Sauvignon Blanc with some hints of lichee tones. Really delicious. I told the FA and as a consequence she added about a kilogram of weight to my hand luggage which then had to be checked in SIN for the flight to London!

This wine was offered with the Pan Fried Salmon with Tarragon Mayonnaise, Braised Peas and Crispy Potato Stack:

Very delicious indeed. The potatoes were cooked perfectly, crispy on top and a creamy texture underneath.
        Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 5 January 2011, 12:04 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake spotted in jhm's quote

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
          she added about a kilgram of weight to my hand luggage
          That happened to me for my QF F flight too! I was disappointed though that there's no tasting menu for SIN-LHR.

Comment

Now that all the white wine glasses had been used, we needed to get some red wine glass!

And here it came, John Duval 'Plexus' Shiraz Grenache Morvèdre 2005:

And it went well with the Roast Ambassador Lamb with Mint Jus, Pumpkin Purée and Steamed Spinach

It also came with a Salad of Baby Cos, Radicchio and Frisée with Palm Sugar Vinaigrette

Comment

Then came the dessert with a De Bortoli Noble One Botrytis Semillon 2007 dessert wine.

The dessert itself was a Passionfruit Syrup Cake with Fresh Mango and Double Cream:

Comment

The tasting menu consisted of the following ?

mouth ticklers
                soup
                tuna salad
                salmon
                lamb + salad
                dessert

Anything more ? I had the impression that it was a succession of very small bites but perhaps not! Is the gold standard for inflight catering still NH F (with their wide range of snacks) then ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  The tasting menu consisted of the following ?

mouth ticklers
                  soup
                  tuna salad
                  salmon
                  lamb + salad
                  dessert

Anything more ? I had the impression that it was a succession of very small bites but perhaps not! Is the gold standard for inflight catering still NH F (with their wide range of snacks) then ?
                  There is still cheeses and chocolates coming up though I did not have any chocolates

Comment

Working...
                  X