Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewing My PPS Status Across Pacific Ocean...And Visit To Beach During Winter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah...thanks for the update...

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    The last pic looks more like a Dash 8.

Nice pics by the way!
    Thanks...hope i would one day get on that plane...wonder which route does continental uses for this aircraft?

Rgds,

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
    Thanks for a great trip report!

No it is not an ATR, but a Dash 8-Q400 by Colgan Air Operated on behalf of Continental Connection!

Carfield

Comment

Thought of leaving this as a portrait...

Miami ink...

And some shots from Rockefeller Centre...where it was the time of the year where they light up the christmas lights on the tree...

Naked cowboy?

And after spending 4 days again in crowne plaza times square, it's time for me to depart this lovely city....flight was at 11pm today as SQ 22 to SIN and took the transfer to the airport at 5.30pm (thank god i left early as we were stuck in the massive jam before Lincoln tunnel) and reached the airport by 7.00pm...
      There, i was perhaps one of the first to check in as i was considered pretty early as there isn't anyone there at the check in area...There were 2 check in counter at that time and got to know that today's flight is departing in another gate which was gate B and normally SQ would depart from Gate A where all the lounges are....received the boarding pass and went straight to the check point where TSA did their normal routine (heard that americans is kind of sick of this TSA rules and checks?). After passing the check point, went straight to the SAS lounge where SQ shares it with...

LH's check in area..

Comment

And some shots of the SAS lounge...

The place where they serve their salads and breads...

Comment

The internet area...

With 1.5 hours before departure, have decided to move on to the other terminal gate which i need to go through another round of TSA check and then straight to our gate which our flight was the last to depart....2 gates beside us was virgin atlantic which was off to Heathrow..

Today's flight was 35% load..which is really really low for this season...As you can see the empty seats in the gate itself...

This A346 taking us back to changi...sorry for the reflections though...

Boarding begins at 10.15pm which wasn't any rush at that point....went straight to my seat today of 19A which is another bulkhead seat....

Great to see an early christmas spirit then by SQ...

Comment

This VH just landed from LHR...

Today's flight take us through anchorage and then onwards to the middle of the planet and onwards to China and Mongolia then to Thailand and from there to Malaysia and S'pore...

Nuts and drinks were served before we had our meal - your choice of selection of bfast as well...1.5 hours before landing on normal bfast and full bfast 2.5 hours before..

These are some shots of the dinner meals..

Pic taken after everyone has settled down 3 hours into the flight...

Comment

By now, we are already in Mongolia...half way there...

And now in HKG...

Comment

Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
                Truly indeed B727Good to hear that you will be there soon…Delano again perhaps? I was thinking more of W Miami...
                We did stay at the W Miami last year and while the suite was brand new with a nice sunset view overlooking town, we found the service standard of the staff below par with the exception of the vivacious Colombian lady concierge

We did go to an event at the nightclub on site and somehow ended on the promoter's mailing list a year later

This time, I think we'll be dividing our time between the RCSB on Lincoln and Collins and the renovated Eden Roc (where we did stay last year) just to check out their new Spa.

While it's been a couple of years since we stayed at the Delano, we have our favorite aestheticians/therapists at Agua Spa on the rooftop, so will no doubt be scheduling some appointments there again this time (btw, speaking of Miami spas, we also the Standard Spa at the Standard Hotel--the only reason we visit that property across the Venetian Causeway from SB )
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                X