Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewing My PPS Status Across Pacific Ocean...And Visit To Beach During Winter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And more photos of the lobby area...

And the photos of the room..

The living area..

Coffee machine...

The bathrooms....which amenities was Asprey..

Last edited by KevSQ; 4 January 2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Next, went to check out the pool area...which was very beautiful indeed....

This is the cabana which has like 20 of them surrounding the pools...

The white sandy beach...

And the cafe beside the pool...

After discovering the premises, decided to stroll along south beach area..

The legendary hotel in Miami...The Delano...

Comment

After the walk, was back in the hotel for a short rest before dinner, and still took a few more shots of this lovely hotel..

The walkway to the spa area…

Next morning, breakfast was served at the cafe located near the lobby..

And continue discovering Miami...

This is the mansion of Gianni Versace in Miami before he was murdered.

And where the nightlife is located..the ocean drive in south beach...

Last edited by KevSQ; 5 January 2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I could have mistaken The Setai in your pictures as a hotel in Southeast Asia.
          If I recall correctly, an Indonesian interior designer did the hotel.

Comment

Excellent TR, KevSQ

We were at the Chedi Ubud back in April and the Balinese gentleman who served us breakfast had worked at the Setai!

Miami is definitely one of our favorite cities--it is the North American Riviera and arguably, the de facto capital of Latin America and the Caribbean by virtue of all the diverse communities that are represented in the Greater Miami area, including Asian-Latino and Asian-Caribbean folks such as the Javanese-Surinamese lady who worked at the Delano the last time we were there and the Chinese-Jamaicans who run our fav Jamaican grocery/take out joint in the city.

Did y'all stop for a bite at the News Cafe on 8th and Ocean on your way to/from the Versace mansion/Casa Casuarina? Gianni Versace went there to buy his newspapers, walked back to his house where he was gunned down at the front steps 1997 was truly a bad year cuz so many prominent people died, including Deng Xiaoping and Lady Diana who, just a month before her tragic accident, was consoling Elton John at Gianni's funeral!

Anyways, looks like y'all had a great time in Miami, KevSQ We'll be back there for our annual visit this spring which is our favorite time of the year to drop into South Florida
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Yes indeed…it was an Indonesian designer who designed the place…

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              I could have mistaken The Setai in your pictures as a hotel in Southeast Asia.
              If I recall correctly, an Indonesian interior designer did the hotel.

Comment

Truly indeed B727…there are lots of caribbean mixture community which makes the place much desired place to have a great holiday and place to be at….the best part is that across all the F&B in south beach, none do i see was empty with customer and it is really exciting to see huge crowd everywhere and restaurant patrons hanging out with beers…etc…

And yes, i did drop by the news cafe on 8th…

Good to hear that you will be there soon…Delano again perhaps? I was thinking more of W Miami...

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                Excellent TR, KevSQ

We were at the Chedi Ubud back in April and the Balinese gentleman who served us breakfast had worked at the Setai!

Miami is definitely one of our favorite cities--it is the North American Riviera and arguably, the de facto capital of Latin America and the Caribbean by virtue of all the diverse communities that are represented in the Greater Miami area, including Asian-Latino and Asian-Caribbean folks such as the Javanese-Surinamese lady who worked at the Delano the last time we were there and the Chinese-Jamaicans who run our fav Jamaican grocery/take out joint in the city.

Did y'all stop for a bite at the News Cafe on 8th and Ocean on your way to/from the Versace mansion/Casa Casuarina? Gianni Versace went there to buy his newspapers, walked back to his house where he was gunned down at the front steps 1997 was truly a bad year cuz so many prominent people died, including Deng Xiaoping and Lady Diana who, just a month before her tragic accident, was consoling Elton John at Gianni's funeral!

Anyways, looks like y'all had a great time in Miami, KevSQ We'll be back there for our annual visit this spring which is our favorite time of the year to drop into South Florida

Comment

Something which i thought was pretty unique...

The "make up your room" and "do not disturb" signage…

And on our very last day in Miami, me and my wife decided to make a short trip to the everglades which we took the air boat there…well, if i wasn't mistaken, the place was called gator park…which was a breeding place for the alligators in the south florida everglades…

Some of the views during the air boat ride..reminds me of CSI Miami...

This was our tour guide cum driver for this ride..

Comment

Before we left the gator park, there was this presentation show from the staff showing his skills on how to handle a alligator when you are in danger...

With 4 well spent days in Miami, it's time to head back to the chilly weather in NYC….this time around, i have decided to take the Y class in Continental just to have a feel on how it looks like - my opinion….Great!!

We left the hotel to the airport with 2.5 hours to spare and reached the airport in 30 mins time and did a self check at the check in counter….

The walkway after going thru TSA…

Went around discovering MIA which i can say considered one of the best in US airports…pretty big and sophisticated..

Bare with me.. Lots of plane shots...

Comment

Spotted this A321 arriving from Vancouver…

Spotted my plane which was a B738 taking me back to EWR….

This bird is off to Dallas…

With 1.5 hours spend spotting plane and discovering MIA, i headed to my departure gate and there was already a queue ahead of me which consist of F class and followed by *G and Y class by rows…there was also a random check by the TSA in all departure gates...

This is how the Y class looks like in Continental…

The chargeable TV channels which was on board…just need to swipe your credit card or CHASE ATM card to view it throughout the flight…pretty decent charges - USD 6 for unlimited time and there is USD 2 off if you are a Continental MC or a chase cc member….especially when you are traveling on SFO to EWR...

Comment

Some shots when we are taxiing the runway…

Spotted the Delta and AA planes getting ready to take off as well…

We took off on time as the flight was full and everyone was already in the gate when it was boarding…so, boarding was pretty fast..

This is the complimentary drinks (soft drinks) and mini pretzel..

Some shots when we took off…nice view of Miami from above..

Last edited by KevSQ; 5 January 2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

After the seat belt sign is off, FS was busy attending to drinks and purchases or menu…

Comment

Spend most of the time resting on the plane and woke up 20 mins before arrival and took some shots on our decent to EWR..

It was pretty chaotic when we arrived as we were left waiting on the side of the runway for almost 20 mins awaiting for another aircraft to deploy to the runway…That's when i continued to take more photos of the planes in EWR...

Another United's new livery….

It's been a while since i saw these air forkers or is this an ATR?? - the last on i spotted was back in KUL on Fireflyz..

Last edited by KevSQ; 5 January 2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

The last pic looks more like a Dash 8.

Nice pics by the way!
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Colgan Air Dash 8- Q400

Thanks for a great trip report!

No it is not an ATR, but a Dash 8-Q400 by Colgan Air Operated on behalf of Continental Connection!

Carfield

Comment

Working...
                                X