SIN/CMB/SIN in New Regional J... and how to make space for your feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return Flight

Things went pretty predictably for the return journey. I guess this is what people refer to as SQ 'roboticism'. The same procedures are followed again time after time eg. pre-take-off drinks, orders taken for post-take-off drinks, meal orders, same PA annoucements about the 'sit belt' etc. (yes, deliberate spelling error to reflect the phonetics of our SQ girls).

Robotic? I'd like to think of it as SQ has got their service protocols well sorted out, and this can only happen in a company with stringent service quality measures.

Anyway, here's more pictures:

CMBTR 427 by Datex Ohmeda, on Flickr

And yes, they were warmed.

I decided to skip all the other courses, and my meal choice for the return flight was:

CMBTR 432 by Datex Ohmeda, on Flickr

Sorry, didn't gather enough courage to ask for a Milo Dinosaur
    The prata was relatively 'flat' and 'dense', but it sorted out my craving for prata, and the fish curry to go with it was quite hearty with huge chunks of fish.

It was a breakfast which was complemented by the brightening sky:

CMBTR 433 by Datex Ohmeda, on Flickr

And a perfect conclusion to the end of our journey as we touched the shores of Singapore:

CMBTR 434 by Datex Ohmeda, on Flickr

It was back to the start of another day on our island:

CMBTR 435 by Datex Ohmeda, on Flickr

Thank you for reading my trip report!
    Last edited by Datex Ohmeda; 7 December 2010, 11:54 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Great TR Datex Ohmeda! Nice diagram too . Will try it the next time I'm on a 77R or 333... though I prefer my zen stance on the 388 J
      Thanks, Nick C. I have to agree with you. My favourite seat is on the 388J too!

Comment

Thanks Datex Ohmeda for the sketch. I have tried all sleeping positions and all seatings on these seats but never found them comfortable. Yes, my feet are big and I am also quite big and tall so that could be the reason.

To me, Spacebeds are still better.

By the way, I do like the colours of your pictures but the noise is quite visible. What ISO did you use? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Thanks Datex Ohmeda for the sketch. I have tried all sleeping positions and all seatings on these seats but never found them comfortable. Yes, my feet are big and I am also quite big and tall so that could be the reason.

To me, Spacebeds are still better.

By the way, I do like the colours of your pictures but the noise is quite visible. What ISO did you use? Thanks.
          Thanks, UMD. All were shot in ISO800 and aperture priority, no flash.
          The night shot out of the window was shot in ISO 1600.
          The alternative was taking my Nikon D90, but my lumbar disc wasn't in the mood that day.

Comment

Thank you for the wonderful trip report Datex Ohmeda
            I've just found a new way to sleep onboard those A333s thanks to your sketch
            I do have to agree with UMD as i'm a fan of the spacebed but somehow these new J seats are slowly growing on me . SLOWLY

Comment

Cheers for the sketch on the seating I am on a rerofitted 777-200 to Sydney in Feb, although its a day flight I will be stepping off SQ11 with a 7 hour wait in Singapore so if I dont sleep in the lounge this will help for sure.

Comment

I will try to order 1 ice milo dinosaur tomorrow
                ________
                DUCATI PASO 750
                Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

nice pics, i like them and TR too!

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                    I will try to order 1 ice milo dinosaur tomorrow
                    I chicken out, din want the crew to give me that look ......

End up asking for Ice Milo

Comment

Nice report, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X