Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Namaskar! A rare report on an elusive airline to the roof of the world: RA J KUL-KTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay safe! I'm not going till March though. So tell me why are you there again?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Stay safe! I'm not going till March though. So tell me why are you there again?
      Not just me but two others as well! I'm here to (maybe) donate more to needy KTM security guards...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Not just me but two others as well! I'm here to (maybe) donate more to needy KTM security guards...
        Well tis the season to be giving

Comment

I have a KTM trip coming up somewhere after CNY. Are there any other airlines flying KUL-KTM direct?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I have a KTM trip coming up somewhere after CNY. Are there any other airlines flying KUL-KTM direct?

no leh.... just RA only. I'm still waiting on my refund from them for my return leg. I'm going again in March

Comment

no leh.... just RA only. I'm still waiting on my refund from them for my return leg. I'm going again in March
              I think I'll fly RA for the sake of flying a 757 If my trip is postponed to March, I may PM you on the dates, in case you're there too. What say you?

Comment

Hello SQTalk. This girl needs a short break after last weekend's short break - so why not go to the land where 8 of the 14 eight-thousanders are located? The most famous of all of course being Mount Everest.

Okay this trip is a week away, so no pics yet. I thought i'd get this started because I thought I'd share with you the experience of booking a ticket with this particular airline here. I searched the net for info on this airline - and the information available is sparse.

Their website is dismal: see http://www.nepalairlines.com.np/

As you can see, you can't book tickets online - except through asiatravel.com (the only site so far I've seen that works) The overall layout's not very helpful nor informative either.

So I go through the travel agency route: I'm quoted a rather keen RM2540 round trip in J + RM366 in taxes (call it around 600 quid all up) - and the return leg is refundable, should I decide to say, leave KTM on KA,MI or TG instead.

Timing seems decent - departs KUL at 0845, arrives 1120am in KTM. Departure from KTM is 2330, arrival KUL 0605+1 - and it runs a handy 6 times a week.

On to the experience of booking:

RA only sells one RBD of business class - J. They sell 2 or 3 RBD's in Economy - H, M and another one i can't seem to remember. If they have different fare rules for different points of sale, I don't quite know how they'll differentiate.

Seats in J seem readily available for the month of August.

The few things I've learnt already so far:
                1) You can't make an SSR or even for a type of seat. I've had the TA send a separate note for a right hand side window for the outbound flight. I hear you see stunning mountain views on descent into KTM on the right. Seatmaps and availability can't be viewed on a place like EF. Not sure about KVS though.

2)Called up the GSA in KUL: erm - sorry ma'am we don't know what lounge RA uses in KUL, or if they even have a contracted lounge.

3)They don't have IFE

4)They don't have an FFP partner. To the best of my knowledge they don't even have an FFP.

5)Only the GSA has RA ticket stock - so my TA had to call them to issue it instead of doing it herself yesterday, and it was only done this morning, so I haven't gotten the e-ticket yet (yeah, they can do e-tickets ) No idea what the stock number is till I see it on monday.

So there you go: The things we take for granted when we fly on our usual golden goose. Click my bookings and everything you need to know is there - plus you've got all these other tools readily available to help with travel. I could get a visa on arrival, but I've decided to get one in advance so I don't have to queue up (i hear the queues are long on arrival)

Can't wait for next weekend then

Where is Leroy and Bubba??

Comment

Working...
                X