No announcement yet.

SQ F Simply Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These days, I'm happy to take any appreciative looks that come my way.

Back to regularly scheduled programming: what's the update on Peter11's travels?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
      no pix yet?
      Not until he is done being treated as a Royal Highness.....

Good on you, Peter11. Enjoy it while it lasts. Always good to know someone who has good times while he travels.

It's great that you enjoyed Bali....It is definitely one of my fav places.

Comment

SQ15 ICN-SIN

Well, after noticing that this thread has not been updated, and knowing that peter11 is a busy man, I take the liberty to add his trip report with my pictures collection. Sorry, I am not good with words!

Of course upon boarding, we had Dom, but I forgot to take any pictures. I don't remember whether we had some warm nuts. But we were disappointed for not having satay. The catering did not load them. Here is the canape we had. (Is this a sign of cost cutting and the slowly disappearence of satay from SQ? I wonder. After all, no more Raffles Class.)

We both had the appetiser: combination of malossol caviar served with seared tuna loin and mesclun.

Comment

Surprise

Peter11 opted not to take the whole six-course dinner. He skipped the soup and salad. And he got the surprise from the chef.

Looks like he enjoyed it or he was suspicious about what's in there. Remember he prefers the top, but not the bottom.

Meanwhile, I continue with the soup:

Khori komkuk
          Korean-style oxtail soup garnished with shredded oxtail and spring onions

This was something new for me. I think it was no taste, bland, and yuckie. Did not finish it, and the LS offered me to try the corn chowder which I declined.

Then, a salad:

Baby romaine lettuce with crispy bacon and shaved parmesan
          Balsamic and extra virgin olive oil dressing
          Herb and yoghurt dressing

At last, I got my surprise. Notice the way the plate charger arranged. The white strips seperating the caviar pattern is placed horizontally. Is that the norm now for SQ perfect setting?

Comment

Entrees

Peter11's main course was :

Salmon with roasted fennel, tomato confit and warm coriander seed vinaigrette

And, as usual, I pick lamb again. It was excellent. (I know I know it's airline food. But it's better than my own home cooking. )

Lamb loin with mint jus, roasted vegetables and gratin potatoes

Comment

I decided to have just one kind of cheese. Thus the plate used was the small one. Of course, peter11's was huge, but he did not let me take the pic.

Cheese
              Camembert, chaumes, cheddar and blue cheeses served with dried fruits, grapes and crackers

The sweet dessert:

Warm chocolate clafoutis with macadamia ice-cream and tuile

In fact there is another choice of dessert, the same warm chocolate clafoutis but with chocolate sauce.

While someone has his beauty sleep (wish I am brave enough to post the picture ), I had my strong - extra extra strong - less milk - cappuccino.

In short, the meals service was great for this route in F. But too short to have a nap though. And there was a bit of a problem, in which at the end the LSS apologized to both of us. There were only 4 pax: 2A, 2C, 2D and 1F. After finishing dinner, and peter11 went to bed (yes, turn down service with good night kiss for him), and I was watching movie, the pax in 1F decided to have a very long conversation with the LSS. And amazingly, his voice was very very loud. Now I don't remember anymore what the discussion was. I think it was something to do with SQ management. Anyway, I wish I posted the report after arriving at SIN when it's fresh in my old brain here.

Comment

CGK, two comments stemming from your pictures:
                1. I am surprised there is no table cloth with the canapes. I forget how satay are served? Before having the table cloth? These canapes are served on a beautiful large plate and I think it'd be much nicer with a table cloth.
                2. The table cloth is not put very nicely on your table. I think it was better put on our inaugural 77W flight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  [*]I am surprised there is no table cloth with the canapes. I forget how satay are served? Before having the table cloth?
                  Yes, the satay serves before the table is set. It means that you need to fly SQ F very soon since you forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    Yes, the satay serves before the table is set. It means that you need to fly SQ F very soon since you forgot about it.
                    I do need to fly SQ F very soon! Thank God I have some flights coming.

Comment

[*]The table cloth is not put very nicely on your table. I think it was better put on our inaugural 77W flight.
                      True about the table cloth. The crew this time was not too particular about certain things. Not bad but not the best. I think our return on SQ12 both legs had great crew. LSS were very smiley to me, and made peter11 jealous.

I do need to fly SQ F very soon! Thank God I have some flights coming.
                      Your next SQ flight is ICN-SIN, right? Enjoy the new menu!

Comment

Congratulations on being the first SQTalk Solitaire PPS, CGK!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          Aye! Well done

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                            Will he be the first to SQTalk Life Solitaire as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Will he be the first to SQTalk Life Solitaire as well?
                              That's not far away

Comment

he will be the first
                                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
                                X