Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One camera, one lens, three nights: Oslo, Norway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post

[she's just had a shower and wears only a towel at the moment around her]
    If Mrs 9V-SIA were to parade in front of me like that,

tnod kniht nac epyt ylreporp

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      I must apologise in advance for my dirty mindedness, but may I ask if there will be a TR on your evening encounter, with photographic illustrations of the 5D Mark II's capabilities?

...purely from a standpoint of how the camera performs in a low light/fast moving action situation of course
      Hahaha

I'll have to take it up on my website, I guess...

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      If Mrs 9V-SIA were to parade in front of me like that,

tnod kniht nac epyt ylreporp
      I love your sense of humor, guys
      Last edited by N_Architect; 26 January 2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Mr. nickbot has a point there. While this trip report was interesting, a towel report might take us back to previous N_Architect reports, which were shall I say different.

Comment

Thank you. Very enjoyable report! Fantastic images.

Comment

hsf: Thank you so much.

Paint Horse: Towel report to be included in my website's content when ready.

Comment

hsf: Thank you so much.

Paint Horse: Towel report to be included in my website's content when ready.
              Please post website link Sir

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                Please post website link Sir
                Sure, I will.

Not started that 'TR' yet, but I have at least figured out the title:

"The Towel Diaries"

Diary to hopefully also include spa/sauna place 'test-drive'.

Comment

Sure, I will.

"The Towel Diaries"

Diary to hopefully also include spa/sauna place 'test-drive'.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Looks like a real animal!
                    Any story about this statue?

Comment

No story about the statue that I know of.
                      There may be one though, but from my end I do not happen to know it (yet.)

It may be a contemporary sculpture made by a young artist, or it may symbolize smt specific, but personally I am not aware of this.

Comment

I have asked some that I know off who live in and around OSL and no one seems to think that there is any story behind the tiger statue.

IIRC, there was once when they painted the statue with some funky floral colours... Not sure why though.
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Apparently various Google searches seem to indicate Oslo is known as the Tiger City for reasons which are not explicitly clear, apart from the spirit of its founders and in literature (poems) by a certain personality..

Comment

The city was once referred to as Tigerstaden (the City of Tigers) by the author Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson around 1870, due to his perception of the city as a cold and dangerous place. This name has over the years achieved an almost official status, to the extent that the 1000-year anniversary was celebrated by a row of tiger sculptures around city hall. The prevalence of homeless and other beggars in more recent times led to the slight rewording of the nickname into Tiggerstaden (the City of Beggars). Another harsh picture of the city was drawn by Knut Hamsun in his novel Sult (Hunger) from 1890 (cinematised in 1966 by Henning Carlsen).
                            This is from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo). Never knew that Tiggerstaden refers to city of beggars as the direct translation is tiger city (as far as I know)...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              This is from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo). Never knew that Tiggerstaden refers to city of beggars as the direct translation is tiger city (as far as I know)...
                              Interesting.... thanks!

Comment

"The Towel Diaries"
                                Shouldn't it be called "The No-towel Diaries"?

Comment

Working...
                                X