Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Finally Finished!] Kyo Does The Land Of The Midnight Sun (aka Kyo Visits Norway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    more like a whale!!!!!...
    ouch!

Comment

• I may have been a daredevil to don the SQ Girl patterned batik shirt on an SQ flight, but that LH F Bathtub shot shows your daring dedication to your wonderful TRs!

Thanks for the "allow me to demonstrate" photo dedication, appreciate it!

I think I have replied too many times on this thread, but I can't resist...
      Last edited by Aulia Harun; 14 July 2011, 10:47 PM. Reason: Clarification
      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• Will Kyo+ eat on LH F? (aka The Conclusion)

Dear readers, you've made it to the end.

Congratulations!

You deserve a pat on the back for enduring through this marathon!

Doesn't the saying go, "It's not how you start, but how you finish"?

This final post is dedicated to all of you who've kept the faith. To those of you who've inspired and motivated me to persevere and fight the good fight. It's for those who believed that in the end, their wait would not be in vain.

Thank you for running this race with me.

Buckle up, here we go!

So, I woke up to find myself somewhere over India only because I felt the sensation of light on my face. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a queue starting to form at the toilets up the front.

Fortunately, that allowed me to sneak a quick snap of the rear of the UD cabin as everyone had left their seat.

Lufthansa First Class cabin - Notice the 'test tube' rose that each F pax receives (traditionally distributed prior to meal service)

No roses for me, as I didn't have dinner.

For the sake of continuity, here's a shot of the front of the cabin that was taken later:

Front UD shot - Bright and airy (also, a view of the jumpseats)

What's in that dimly lit corridor, then?

Toilets - Lurk behind that LH F sign

Still feeling rather un-hungry, I mustered up the courage to rise to the challenge and was about to ask an attendant for breakfast.

They got to me first, and without my asking produced some water.

Thank you, Elisabeth.

I was offered breakfast, of course. I did try to ask for the previous night's dinner - however it was no longer available. Perhaps one of the pilots were fortunate enough to be treated to my caviar. Hmmph!!

I decided to build up an appetite by perusing the menu...

The Dinner Menu - For the record

Dreamer's Delight - No kidding! I was busy dreaming... instead of eating...

Menu - Inspired by New Orleans

With the theme still ringing in my mind, 'I Capture The Essence of New Orleans in Culinary Form', I rued the fact that I hadn't captured anything, except 40 winks!

Kyo was starting to get hungry after all that reading.

I reasoned that it was likely that a Continental Breakfast would be on offer when it comes to Lufthansa.

So I moved on to the Breakfast Menu, expecting something simple.

Breakfast Menu - Now we're talking!

Which is what it looked like, but it proved to be far more substantial. Upon closer inspection, I might actually be able to manage a bite or three.

I'll type it out so you don't have to squint -

Entrees:

Freshly squeezed Orange Juice
        Fresh Fruit
        Curd Cream with fresh Fruit and shaved Almonds, Yogurt, Snacks and Milk
        Emmental, Camembert and Savory Cream Cheese
        Parma Ham, smoked Turkey Breast, Tyrolean Bacon
        Smoked Atlantic Salmon, Filet of Trout
        Scrambled Egg freshly prepared upon your Request with your Choice of Bacon or Chives

The Menu Observers amongst you will notice a new variation that will appeal to Nuts Connoisseurs.

You've seen cold nuts, warmed nuts... but have you seen, shaved nuts?

Okay, time to apply the brakes and not go there. (I thought not!)

Anyway, I beckoned the stewardess over, placed my order and hey presto, as soon as the table was set, my attention was drawn to:

Another reminder - You're in F.

It Begins - Again, I sacrificed myself for the greater good

No matter how many times I do this, you've gotta know it doesn't ever get any easier...

The Last Supper - That was it.

So, Mystery solved.

Shock horror, I had eaten.

I leaned back to enjoy the descent into Bangkok after the trip that that was an excuse for copious gluttony. I was even happy to see my 'other home' airport, Bangkok, and as if LH could read my mind, we pulled into one of the closest gates to immigration: D2

D2 - Where it all ends!

Thank you LH!

Let's end on a high-note by reminiscing. I'd set out to do plenty of 'firsts', and I had accomplished what I'd set out to do. It may have cost a heck of a lot, but the time, the effort, and the expense had left an indelible, unforgettable 'journey of a lifetime' for me. It seems ironic that two years on from whence this TR first began, Norway remains in the news for all the wrong reasons but I want to conclude by saying that Norwegians are some of the friendliest, most sincere, gentle yet peace-loving people I've ever met. They will be strong and they will persevere. Theirs is a culture, a solidarity that is unique unlike any other. I also feel very fortunate (and thankful) for having seen their nation the way things used to be.

Peace and progress aside, the LH FCT is also an experience unlike any other. And whilst this TR was being written, I'd wondered about when I'd get a chance to return.

After much plotting and preparing, I'm pleased to say that I look forward to visiting it in the near future to test out LH's newest flagship product - LH NEW F!

Can't hardly wait!!

And I solemnly promise, I will not ever take this long to finish future TRs!

I hereby declare this TR officially concluded.

Yes. Really, this time...

Next post: Haha, just kidding, there is no next post. Thanks for reading!

Oh, I nearly forgot. 4001st post!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          And I solemnly promise, I will not ever take this long to finish future TRs!
          But that would spoil half the fun.

Thanks for the TR!

Comment

• Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
            Thanks for sharing. Another top notch Kyo TR!
            I'm honoured that you enjoyed! You're welcome!

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Thank you Captain Ahab!

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            ouch!
            Dude, that didn't help!

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
            Thank you for dedicating this post to me, Kyo! And yeah, I was waiting for this post and knew it was only inevitable. I also have a couple TRs from my April trip to put up that also involve the 747-400s, one of them with SQ 744. I've just been too busy with work lately.

I've never missed my meal, but on a JFK-FRA sector, I passed out after take-off and missed my post take-off drink of SilverKris Sling.
            You are most welcome. I can truly say, without you (and the inspiration I received by reading YOUR TRs, I would not have reached the finish line. I hope you take the time to post your April TRs, as I'm a fan. Re Singapore Slings, well, nobody's perfect!

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
            The famous food connoisseur Kyo+++ missed his LH F dinner???
            Hmmm.... there's must be a severe blizzard hit Ethiopia....
            Well, Typhoon Muifa + Nockten just went by! Thanks for reading - I finally finished your crazy TR on that other Indo website... which is also ridiculously long!!! Hahahaha

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
            ...ary. It was LEGENDARY! Great TR Kyo! I adored your Sexy Supermodel pose in a bathtub.
            Unlike SQflyergirl, I collect royalties from whoever dares to strike this pose in the future...

Psst, swimsuit calendar upcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by isaac View Post
              thanks for the great TR kyo!
              You're very welcome, hope you have some great TRs for us in the future, too!

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
              I may have been a daredevil to don the SQ Girl patterned batik shirt on an SQ flight, but that LH F Bathtub shot shows your daring dedication to your wonderful TRs!

Thanks for the "allow me to demonstrate" photo dedication, appreciate it!

I think I have replied too many times on this thread, but I can't resist...
              So long as you don't charge me royalties for "allow me to demonstrate", shall I send you a calendar too?

Too many times? Let the good times roll!

Comment

• Hooray! Well done!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Unlike SQflyergirl, I collect royalties from whoever dares to strike this pose in the future...
                I dare you to do a frontal

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Hooray! Well done!

I dare you to do a frontal
                  He that dareth first, dares to do the dare themselves in the first place! C'mon 9V-JKL, you know you want to!

Comment

He that dareth first, dares to do the dare themselves in the first place! C'mon 9V-JKL, you know you want to!
                    The mods will issue me a RED card!

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      kyo is known to us by many names - kyo+, kyo++, kyo+++ and now Moby-Dick.

Comment

• Wow... I remember this was 2009 when I headed back to SIN for the F1 race... Two years on my friend.. Congrats!!
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• A monument and testament to the spirit of the Trip Reporter. You sir, deserve to be garlanded in fragrant flowers and celebrated in song.

Or at least be bought a round Cheers Kyo! It's been a great read.

Comment

What's in that dimly lit corridor, then?

Sneaked into that mysterious place once....
                            It's the crew's rest area, between the cockpit and the toilet... with seats similar with the F seat....

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Well, Typhoon Muifa + Nockten just went by! Thanks for reading - I finally finished your crazy TR on that other Indo website... which is also ridiculously long!!! Hahahaha

Hahaha... you saw it.... but it only took months, not years...

Comment

So long as you don't charge me royalties for "allow me to demonstrate", shall I send you a calendar too?
                              Me charging you royalties? I thought the "allow me to demonstrate" was your initiative!

Oh, and I think I'll skip the calendar, thanks...

I know I'm very late for this, but congrats on your 4000th post. Here's to 5000!
                              Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• I am actually in Oslo now, my first time here, saw some of the sights that you have posted here, but I was tied up with meetings the last two days and only had a 3 hours walk this evening around the city.....
                                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                                X