Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A TR dedicated to many SQTalkers: SQFG goes to Dhaka! (KUL-DAC-KUL on MH J)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    No food piccies? (/me wonders what they eat in Bangladesh apart from tandoori)
    Nope. Sorry, avoided it like the plague, unfortunately. Had to.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    only if they're going fast enough...
    Oh they go plenty fast alright.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
    That lounge is a haven at DAC, and incongruous with the state of the rest of the terminal.
    Indeed. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very quiet and comfy - again, completely at odds with the rest of the airport.

Comment

Thanks for this TR, SQFG. Dhaka reminds me of somewhere that I have been a lot to lately but greener and less dusty.

Do: Dhaka!

I don't see Dhaka on the list of the world's most expensive cities.

How about Sushi run DO in Dhaka?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      It's certainly my experience and others (e.g. UMD) that MH satay beats SQ satay hands down.

I still remember the delicious taste of MH satay. SQ should learn from MH how to make better satay.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Red, red and more red anyone? Not a particular favourite amongst MH regulars or so I'm told.

This looks more like the interior of BG. What did MH think when they went for this color? The new rainbow colored Y seats are very hard on eyes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        How about Sushi run DO in Dhaka?
        I don't know if you did this intentionally, but knowing the hygiene quality of the food there... this has my vote for double entendre of the month

Comment

I don't know if you did this intentionally, but knowing the hygiene quality of the food there... this has my vote for double entendre of the month
          Well, it would be quite cost effective. No need to pay for F or J. Just ask for an aisle seat next to the lavatory...

Comment

Thanks, SQflyergirl. Wonderful TR.

I love the bright, vivid colors of MH's seats!

Comment

Well, it would be quite cost effective. No need to pay for F or J. Just ask for an aisle seat next to the lavatory...
              Well, an update from my colleague who stayed behind another two days: diarrhoea getting worse. He's utterly miserable...... so Dhaka Sushi Run anyone?

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
              I love the bright, vivid colors of MH's seats!
              You might well be alone on that one. General opinion of the colours isn't favorable. In fact, in Y, it's a downright kaleidoscope of different clashing colours

Comment

Fascinating trip report SQflyergirl. After reading the report and especailly looking at the pictures all I can say is thank you God.

Comment

You might well be alone on that one. General opinion of the colours isn't favorable. In fact, in Y, it's a downright kaleidoscope of different clashing colours
                  Yeap, I probably stand alone there
                  Its gaudy and striking but so fun!

Comment

This brings back memories of the few weeks I spent in Dhaka ack in 2003. I have to say you have missed out if you did not try to the food the curries are fantasic (anyone who has has an Indian meal in the UK has almost certainly in fact had Bangladeshi food as nearly all the Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Bengalis).

Comment

Wow, I enjoyed the report very much.

Thanks for giving me a glimpse of a place that I am otherwise quite unlikely to see for myself.

Comment

Thanks, SQflyergirl, for this TR! Entertaining as usual, and like many others I appreciate your inclusion of many pics of your destination, one which few of us has personally seen. It does seem from the pics that Bangladesh is full of men - I didn't see many ladies around (except the shot of people walking by the railway tracks)!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          I have to say you have missed out if you did not try to the food the curries are fantasic
                          I have to say I probably DID miss out, but in balance - i think i'd rather let it go as just "one of those things I'll never know about"

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                          Thanks for giving me a glimpse of a place that I am otherwise quite unlikely to see for myself.
                          Never say never. I didn't think I'd ever end up here..... but these things happen

Originally posted by Bridge2Dream View Post
                          It does seem from the pics that Bangladesh is full of men - I didn't see many ladies around (except the shot of people walking by the railway tracks)!
                          Oh - didn't notice that. Maybe it's my selection of pics, but I do believe the population is indeed split quite evenly

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            anyone who has has an Indian meal in the UK has almost certainly in fact had Bangladeshi food as nearly all the Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Bengalis
                            So much so that London's curry hotspot, Brick Lane is also known as Banglatown!

Comment

Working...
                            X