LX new F JFK-ZRH and ZRH-JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pictures and notes, DFP.
    I too prefer the LX F look over SQ F look.
    Although seat pitch is very good, it seems to be compensated with the lack of width on most premium F products these days.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Thanks for the pictures and notes, DFP.
      I too prefer the LX F look over SQ F look.
      Although seat pitch is very good, it seems to be compensated with the lack of width on most premium F products these days.
      I am not sure how wide you want the seat to be. The LX F seat is at least as wide as the SQ Suite seats and it has an interesting feature. There are armrests on both sides that continue the fixed one. The inside armrests can be lowered, thus widening the seat if necessary by 3 inches or so.
      When you press the button to put the seat in eating position, that is what happens (as well as moving the seat forward a bit).

Comment

Main dishes

For my main course, I had the pheasant, (sorry I took a bite before taking the picture)

while my companion had the special of the day which was a fish.

After, I took the cheese offering which made for a good variety.

and closed the meal with a mortal sin

Everything was succulent... and I did not photograph the sin that came still later in the form of Swiss chocolate.

Comment

Another airlines that use individual bread basket and salt & pepper grinder. Classy!

When and will SQ follow this???

Another excellent TR, DFP.... thanks for sharing us!

Comment

Thank you Sir, looking at the pics I think I like the clean lines of LX better!

Comment

For those interested in flying LX in J, I took a sneak picture of the new J cabin:

I wish I could have tried the seat in bed mode, but the flight was totally full...

After dinner, I asked the crew to make my bed.

It was quite comfy. I believe it is as wide or maybe a bit wider than the SQ Suite beds. I asked to not be awaken for breakfast as I can have that in the F lounge while waiting for my next flight.
              Before landing I did have some fruits and a cappuccino, sitting in my companion's Ottoman:

The Ottoman has its own control by its side:

The flight ended and the purser came to thank us for flying Swiss.
              Pleasant flight overall. We proceeded to the F lounge and the only picture I have after this is of the loading of the luggage in the car that took us to our next aircraft:

Now if anybody think I have missed some details they would like to see in picture, you have about 24h to let me know before I have a chance to do it tomorrow.

Comment

DFP, your thoughts on LX's F Lounge?
                HUGE AL

Comment

i love the LX F lounge... bright and airy... great views of the tarmac. very pleasant staff. i will post some pictures up of it soon.

Comment

The ZRH F lounge is great, although annoyingly in the Schengen zone now (thus non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection requires immigration both ways & 2 passport stamps).

Not as good as FRA FCL & FCT or MUC FCL though.

Some of the drink offering a bit odd (eg a wine that retails in NZ for about NZ$12 = low end).

Comment

I too love the look of the LX style! V sleek.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                      Some of the drink offering a bit odd (eg a wine that retails in NZ for about NZ$12 = low end).
                      I never cease to be amazed by how wine prices usually double, triple or even quardruple when they get exported.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        I never cease to be amazed by how wine prices usually double, triple or even quardruple when they get exported.
                        I regularly see $8 Australian wine retailing for upwards of €30 in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Sometimes distance plays a factor: in BKK an Ausie wine is usually very reasonable while I've seen a super cheap Californian going for USD$100+.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Sometimes distance plays a factor: in BKK an Ausie wine is usually very reasonable while I've seen a super cheap Californian going for USD$100+.
                            Indeed, I think it also depends how well established the supply chain is. Australian wine brands owned by mega-brewer Fosters generally see better mark-ups, especially in the USA, because there is an established supply chain.

Smaller producers are often the worst hit. Markups of 300-500% are not uncommon.
                            Last edited by penegal; 23 June 2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Will try to not go too far off-topic - Although I think the wine-focus rightfully deserves its own thread, I am sure you will be surprised when you see what they charge for a €100 bottle in Singapore.

No, it's not the good kind of surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                SOMETIMES!

Man, I thought it would be at least an hour before the peanut gallery jumped on this one.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X