Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The search for Candy continues! (To Europe and Back, including the SQ A380 in R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This way to the Sistine Chapel

Fantastic art by Michelangelo - must have been dizzy from the heights!

Comment

How to cook pizza, courtesy of Chef Luca, Chef Gabriele and Chef Pietro

What you need to make Pizza ala Romana and Pizza Prosciutto e Funghi

• 3 Italians who are passionate about food
      • Capers
      • Anchovies
      • Mozzarella
      • Tomato Base
      • Dough
      • Prosciutto Cotto (Cooked Ham)
      • Mushrooms

Make dough like so - Chef Pietro says this is a secret recipe

Grease Pan lightly

Spread out dough nicely on Pan!

Add tomato base!

Put on the cheese, the ham and the mushrooms, and sprinkle with Olive Oil and salt

Chuck into the oven for 10-15 minutes and wait

Relax, enjoy some Vino, and before you know it... Voila!

Comment

Nice report! Thanks.

Did you guys go to Da Baffetto for pizza?
        Should be the best in town.

Comment

Originally posted by netsurfe View Post
          Nice report! Thanks.

Did you guys go to Da Baffetto for pizza?
          Should be the best in town.
          The best in town is IMHO, from these three. Made with love

Comment

The ride back to blighty - A321 style

Some quick browsing through the internet, and we've got a pair of seats in mind for the flight back from Rome to London today. 8E and F on BA's A321's are supposedly very good for legroom since there's a full exit at row 8 (not a tiny half sized one as you'd find on A320's and A319's. In addition, 8D does not exist, as it's a crew jump seat. Sounds like a very interesting pair of seats then!

OLCI'ing on the dot at T-24 (thanks uncle Luke) - we've scored the seats without much trouble (still don't know how they managed to assign those seats to a pair of 1 year old bears though)

Fiumicino has 4 terminals, A for Domestic, AA for Low Cost, B for Schengen, C for non Schengen. We're in C today for the flight to London. Goodbye Roma! A cafe in the C terminal.

Quite a darkish feel to the airport - needs updating we think!

Within the C terminal, several gates require a train to get to. Our gate C31 does. But we're pleased to find G-EUXD to take us home - a swap to a 320 or 319 would mean our exit row seats disappear in a puff of smoke!

For a narrowbody in Y, this is sensational legroom! No wonder mummy was so intent on getting us these seats for the 2 hour 50 minute ride back!

A bit strange to see, but normally you don't see rows just before an exit being able to recline, but it seems that the exit on this aircraft being full sized, permits it

Comment

Very reassuring to have the nice flight display switched on!

Seems as though we're getting sandwiches today! Sandwiches every day. Only uncle JHM will be able to tell us if there are any other varieties or is this it? We would imagine someone who is far more regular on BA would find this a little tiresome after a while?

Almost there! Well, according to this, the pax in Club Europe's already arrived, whereas the people in Euro Traveller are still on their way over Dover!

Coming in over 09L, the dearth of lights and buildings underneath the approach is quite noticeable. On approach to the 27's - there are much more lights!

Just about to hit the deck - mummy manages a snap of T5.

All of this occurred very much on time, and we in the terminal fairly quickly despite the fact that we'd been parked at Stand 566, a remote one and had to be bussed to T5. The immigration queue however - was shocking. Mummy was upset as it took us almost 1 hour to get through. In other terminals, it would have been understandable, but for BAA's newerest and besterest terminal, it could have been done better.

Comment

"but for BAA's newerest and besterest terminal, it could have been done better"

It's still BAA in the end of the day you know..

Comment

Wow, the art work in Sistine Chapel looks 3D...... I missed it the last time I went to Rome.... must visit again and see it in person...

Thanks...
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Sorry I missed you in LHR.

Comment

LOL, very nice, Pietro has just seen the pics and he's very proud of.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

The Italy pics (the grandeur of Rome / the Vatican and the magnificence of the home cooking) made my day.

Very nice!
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                          LOL, very nice, Pietro has just seen the pics and he's very proud of.
                          As he should be! it was very very good. Molto Benne!

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          The Italy pics (the grandeur of Rome / the Vatican and the magnificence of the home cooking) made my day.

Very nice!
                          Hasn't changed much since I was last a tourist in Rome in 1992 (:o) - I've thrown a whole bunch (definitely more than 3) into Trevi fountain, so it means that I'll be back one day!

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          Sorry I missed you in LHR.
                          No worries! Had ms. S. West of Flyertalk fame waiting patiently to pick me up - so was in a bit of a hurry

Comment

Very nice TR, SQFG.

Comment

Fantastic TR SQFG. Your bears sure are a well travelled bunch!

Comment

Interesting report from Leroy and Bubba as always but it only makes me yearn for a Tottis report even more!

Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                                X