No announcement yet.

A quest for a salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want pictures of this posh nosh!

Givvus a picture of the large quantity of meat which was consumed at Hippo in CDG!

Comment

Meat
      Last edited by phaleesy; 26 September 2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Meat
        aka 500g of Côte de bœuf de Charolais goodness!

http://www.hippopotamus.fr/menu/pdf/grillades.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          cccccccccccccccccccc
          Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          dddddddddddddddddddddddd
          Some boys are still refining their alphabet skills after post-grad/post-doc.

Comment

Man, this thread is so old, I don't even know where in the world these pics are taken...let alone...I thought it was about salad.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Lovely photos of the food!! Shame that it didn't rock your world in the way you wanted, but it definitely looks fab!

PS. That Hippo steak (well, not a steak made of hippo, obviously) looks fantastic too. Surprised you can get something so decent at the airport... in CDG no less!
              Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              Some boys are still refining their alphabet skills after post-grad/post-doc.
              It's either that, or both of them falling asleep on the keyboard and getting qwertitis

Comment

Very, very nice! I'm hungry now... *pops out for brunch*
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                  dddddddddddddddddddddddd
                  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

The food pics are absolutely fab.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      the Gargouillou which varies with the seasons and consists of about 40 different vegetables (each cooked in its own seasoned water), flowers, herbs and seeds. It has a few pieces of ham.

I may have found something to top even this salad! I ate yesterday evening at an unassuming small French restaurant called Hajime - it's the only restaurant in Osaka which was awarded 3-Michelin stars in the first guide for Osaka/Kyoto published last month. (Kudos to the RC Osaka for getting me a table at short notice given that the restaurant has become very popular.)

The dinner menu is the same for everyone at about £100 plus service for 8-courses. The highlight for me was the first course - a very pretty picture plate of 105 vegetables (really, I was told!). The dish is not surprising given that the chef/owner worked in the Hokkaido branch of the Michel Bras restaurant mentioned above. Unfortunately, I was not brave enough to pull out my camera and take a photo!

Other highlights for me were a foie gras biscuit; and Challandais duck which was cooked so that the skin was crisp but all the meat was almost raw.

Comment

I may have found something to top even this salad! I ate yesterday evening at an unassuming small French restaurant called Hajime - it's the only restaurant in Osaka which was awarded 3-Michelin stars in the first guide for Osaka/Kyoto published last month. (Kudos to the RC Osaka for getting me a table at short notice given that the restaurant has become very popular.)

The dinner menu is the same for everyone at about £100 plus service for 8-courses. The highlight for me was the first course - a very pretty picture plate of 105 vegetables (really, I was told!). The dish is not surprising given that the chef/owner worked in the Hokkaido branch of the Michel Bras restaurant mentioned above. Unfortunately, I was not brave enough to pull out my camera and take a photo!

Other highlights for me were a foie gras biscuit; and Challandais duck which was cooked so that the skin was crisp but all the meat was almost raw.
                        Ahhh...I see jhm is finding all my secret haunts.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

WHY?!?!?!

Missed opportunity!!

Comment

I could kick myself. When I was in Osaka I thought my shaboo shaboo was the height of culinary sophistication.

Comment

I just Googled and see that someone has put up a photo to accompany his review.

Hajime uses 66 seasonal vegetables (including cereals and nuts and lettuces, like rocket and dandelion) and adds an intriguing salty component to the dish by extracting a foamy sauce from shellfish which he calls “mineral of shellfish”. Various sauces and purees which bind different elements of the dish are also well thought out. They offer a cornucopia of sweet-acidic-tart-earthy-rich flavors (beet puree, carrot puree, tomato puree, butternut squash puree, lime mayonnaise) and they are very carefully arranged on the plate.

Comment

Working...
                              X