A quest for a salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quest for a salad

Just a placeholder for a weekend trip which phaleesy and I have planned in a few weeks time.

A roundtrip of 1,000+ miles; 4 flights; 2 coach transfers; 2 hotels; a hire car; and a lunch reservation which we made 6 months ago ... for a warm vegetable, herb and flower salad.

All the fuss over some bunny food?!

This TR is reminiscent of the Venice TR.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      This TR is reminiscent of the Venice TR.
      Yes, and SuperJonJon will have tied the knot by the time certain people with dogs as avatars (mentioning no names) write the Venice TR!

Comment

wow must be a god like salad. what kind you 2 getting? Caesar? Garden? Greek?

Comment

For your sake, I hope the legendary salad lives up to expectations for all that travel!
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

SQ Talk's TRs are getting more and more interesting. What will we be seeing next? Quest for a glass of fresh spring water?

Yeah, I am still awaiting the venice TR...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              SQ Talk's TRs are getting more and more interesting. What will we be seeing next?
              True indeed, quite a number of nice TRs lately.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                For your sake, I hope the legendary salad lives up to expectations for all that travel!
                The salad is not the attraction! It's the four AF flights that were the motivating factors.

Comment

So, how was the salad?
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

So, how was the salad?
                    No salad for floppy ears. AF cancelled our flights!

Comment

So, how was the salad?
                      What salad, thanks to Air Chance ?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Just a placeholder for a weekend trip which phaleesy and I have planned in a few weeks time.

A roundtrip of 1,000+ miles; 4 flights; 2 coach transfers; 2 hotels; a hire car; and a lunch reservation which we made 6 months ago ... for a warm vegetable, herb and flower salad.
                      After flying to CDG on Friday evening on BA and AF respectively, a night at the Ibis (basic but functional - very conveniently located right next to CDG T3 and accessible from T2 using the CDGVAL intra-terminal train), waking up at the crack of dawn and a coach transfer to ORY ... we got to check-in only to be told that our AF domestic had been cancelled due to an irrop!

The alternative was to fly to TLS, a free sandwich and drink on AF and then a 3-hour coach journey to where we should have gone. We were scheduled to have arrived at 10:30am (in time for a long drive up into the hills in time for lunch) but actually only arrived at 2pm.

Oh well, we'll have to try again next year. This salad bar is only open from April to October. When we contacted them back in March, they were fully booked every Saturday evening for the whole year and the first available Saturday lunch slot was yesterday.

Still, after all that, we got the AF/BA segments, some Accor points, a short pleasant weekend in the south of France and certain AF people can stop making jokes at my/BA's expense.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        No salad for floppy ears. AF cancelled our flights!
                        Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        What salad, thanks to Air Chance ?
                        The salad was far more slimming than what I had expected!

Sorry to hear about how the trip turned out. But I take it phaleesy will still achieve FB elite status?
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          But I take it phaleesy will still achieve FB elite status?
                          Great to have FB elite status on board! How many more runs needed? Would they offer a supplement card?

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear things didn't work out as planned.
                            Congrats to phaleesy on the FB status OTOH.

Comment

Thanks for the unusual trip report. Any EU compensation to be had?

Comment

Working...
                              X