Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonstop to NY on SIA:SQ24 SIN-JFK in Premium, SQ21 EWR-SIN in Business, TWA Hotel@JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lennyberg View Post
    Hilton time square is my go to hotel in NYC. Reasonably priced and perfect location.
    Yes, love the location and agree the price is reasonable.

Originally posted by Lennyberg View Post
    I did this route many times pre-covid and only once post covid. My next trip next month will be via Dubai. No prizes for guessing why I don't fly direct.
    Via Dubai? Are you flying mainly EK these days?

SQ fares for the nonstop SIN-JFK or SIN-EWR are really high, although there are some bargains in PEY if you book far out enough.

For myself, since I no longer fly enough to maintain status on both SQ/Star as well as QF/EK/Oneworld, I now focus on Star Alliance and SQ (And Scoot when I need to penny pinch...). I would still do this sector in PEY on SQ if the right fares were available, otherwise I would probably do LH via FRA or UA via SFO or ANA via HND or NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Yes, love the location and agree the price is reasonable.

Via Dubai? Are you flying mainly EK these days?

SQ fares for the nonstop SIN-JFK or SIN-EWR are really high, although there are some bargains in PEY if you book far out enough.

For myself, since I no longer fly enough to maintain status on both SQ/Star as well as QF/EK/Oneworld, I now focus on Star Alliance and SQ (And Scoot when I need to penny pinch...). I would still do this sector in PEY on SQ if the right fares were available, otherwise I would probably do LH via FRA or UA via SFO or ANA via HND or NRT.
      Yeah I fly EK alot more these days. At this rate I will surely make EK plat faster than PPS. Lost my OW emerald couple of years back so like you I focus on SQ and EK as much as I can.

I would love to head do this route again but the price is easily double that of EK. Plus I have UAE residency so I have to head in to punch card at least once every 6 months. In couple of weeks I'll be doing SIN DXB YYZ JFK MIA then MIA DXB SIN.

Comment

Fantastic TR as always yflyer. I enjoyed your SQ pictures in Premium Economy & Business Class. Very nice pictures of New York itself.

One of the things on my future list at some point or the other is to see the New Year ball fall at Times Square so this may look like a good pick, maybe expensive at that time.

I consider SQ's J class and Premium Economy even after 10 years to still be considered "new" and sleek. The older version of it looked far more aged. They're still being installed on even the new A350's. At this point, wishful thinking, curious to know what will come on the upcoming Boeing 779 aircraft.

The only difference is how cramped the SQ aircraft feels, especially in Y class. Once you flew an A380 in one month, even all of a sudden once you step on SQ, there's a major difference. Even an EK 77W is a little tighter than the A380, but the aisles aren't too bad. This is from my experience in the last 2 months of 2022. If I fly SQ again at some point, I'd like to try Premium Economy & Book the Cook.

Comment

Working...
        X