No announcement yet.

A380 LHR - SIN Inaugural Flight 18MAR2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Howard! Just added your link at the beginning of this thread!

Comment

• Just read your report! Exciting! Thanks!

A quick note: The Suite meals indeed have the butter Beurre Echire. The salt and paper shakers are the same as in F 77W. The other difference is on the cold towels as part of the table setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        you are such a rock star! congrats SQ LPP!
        Yes he's a star, our SQ LPP.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Goodies from flying the inaugural flight in Economy Class

Prior to board the plane, we got this pin. Sorry, so difficult to take picture of something a bit shiny. It says: "18.03.08 FIRST TO FLY - A380 - LONDON TO SINGAPORE"

After check-in and with the green boarding pass in hand, we were handed a small box below.

It is a luggage tag.

Comment

• At the boarding gate, we were given a man's briefcase. Yeah, no brand for the cattle class, but MAN Flyer showed us his new Mandarina Duck briefcase. I am not so sure what Sir Howard Long's bag is.

Here are the contents of the bag for the Y pax.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              I am not so sure what Sir Howard Long's bag is.
              Oh mine's made out of hand stitched polar bear scrota.

Just kidding, I think it's the same as MAN Flyer's, maybe he can comment.

As a bag it's not the greatest, not only is there no annotation indicating the special nature of the freebie (unlike the Y bag), but it's all floppy without many zipper pockets, so once you've put anything in there it's like carrying a bag of spanners.

Comment

• Excellent goodies!
                Thanks for sharing with us, SQ LPP & Howard Long.

Comment

• More Pictures (Courtesy of J777)

After struggling with storing my carry-ons (yeah all those kitchen wares according to someone ), I had to check whether my special meals as well as the roast duck and rice survived the crowd.

I was happy to be in the inaugural flight in Y and with J777 as my seatmate, and surrounded by many who just came back from the SIN-LHR flight, as well as the new flyer I met, gakke. And I am glad to know that MAN Flyer in C class as well as Howard Long in his Suite. On top of that, I was so thrilled to know that the famous SQ icon was in charge for this flight. Look, I am so happy!

Lee got peanuts and OJ upon taking off, while J777 enjoyed his glass of Krug (extended god-like-treatment ).

Since the cabin had limited menu available, no menu was given. But we had Ms Z who was happily giving us the menu for our collection. As usual, when I have company while flying, I always try to have different meal choice. I believe DeltaFlyingProf used to this. The main purpose of course is to be able to have more food pictures. J777 decided to have Gordon's Choice which has salmon rilletes, salmon roes and mixed salad as appetiser, and paa-roasted beef steak in watercress sauce, selected vegetables and sauteed potatoes. (As you saw earlier on, I had stir-fried pork with ginger and spring onion.)

J777 is definitely an expert in thawing the hard frozen ice cream. He could have his ice cream so much earlier than mine. He used his warm hands to soften the ice cream.
                  I noticed the pax in 76G kept holding his spoon. Ms Z asked him whether he wanted ice cream or not, but he was drawn into the movie he watched. After Ms Z left his area, he started to signal for ice cream. Of course the cart has gone down to aisle 80. Being a pita, I just got up and told Ms Z that pax seated on 76G would like his Haagen Dasz ice cream.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 27 March 2008, 01:15 AM.

Comment

This is the view of quiet cabin upper deck. Before the party started.

And here are the glorious morning sun.

I must have copied the photos in the wrong order. But the pictures above were from the left hand side of the plane. And the next pictures would be from the right hand side of the plane where we were seated row 77.

And for SQ lookers, we were on 9V-SKB. And look, the rubber sealer of 77 K window.

Comment

Some were having serious discussions, and I was admiring the mood lighting!

One minor disappointment happened about 5 hours prior to arrival in Singapore. I was not sleepy. I mean I am old but if I have good time, I can be someone who likes to party. We were at the back galley. We were chatting. And the cabin was fully dark. Thus better to be at the galley then turning up lights in the cabin and bothering other pax. More importantly, we did not bother the FAs who were at the galley.

Suddenly from the other side of the galley, the CS came in and ordered us to go to sleep. I use the word order is because the words he used. Look, we were all happy. And we were not drunk. We did not bother pax in the cabin. And it's mid morning Singapore time. Why would I want to sleep? I had done this SQ319 flight couple of time. So, I know how to beat the jetlag. 5 hours prior to land is when I am up already, and wait for my lunch (dinner BTC which turn into my lunch).

Anyhow, I was not in the mood for arguing, but perhaps the CS should use a different wording. After all the rest of the pax who were in the galley decided to follow his order.

And here is the result of being kicked out from the bright galley to the dark cabin.

I just did not feel like to get up for breakfast. And I think I missed this egg noodles.

While sleeping, I remember J777 asked me about my roast duck. And I said please ask the crew to enjoy the roast duck. And of course a nice touch from the lovely girls.

Comment

Here are some pictures that I may miss or the same but from J777's camera.

Comment

Comment

• What's Next?

Looking at this picture in which Lee enjoys the view of the world, the question arises... What should we do next? NRT-SIN inaugural flight in May? Or should we wait for San Francisco? How about Emirates A380? NH 787? The list grows longer and longer ...

As for me, with my current condition right now, I can not easily travel to many different countries. With certain condition which I am not going to say it here, it makes me more difficult for me to get visas. So will see what the future takes me.
                            But certainly, I will always cherish this first flight on A380 from LHR.
                            Happy travels.

Comment

• pardon my ignorance, but who is isabelle chu? thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                                pardon my ignorance, but who is isabelle chu? thanks!
                                Isabelle Chu is a lovely gal from Perth who is now a famous Singapore Airlines celebrity.
                                She took the inaugural flights for A345 SIN-LAX-SIN as well as A345 SIN-EWR-SIN. She then took the A380 charity flights A380 inaugural. She was pictured in one of Silver Kris magazine as well as other publications. And she did SIN-LHR-SIN last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X