Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the write-up.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Nice report. That Budget Terminal sure does exactly what is says on the tin.
    I was thinking about the exact same thing. Looks very similar to the tin shed in KUL in fact, but I'm guessing somewhat more organised than KUL.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 November 2007, 04:46 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Looks very similar to the tin shed in KUL in fact, but I'm guessing somewhat more organised than KUL.
      And Dunedin Airport in New Zealand, if you've been there...
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post

But knowing the Singapore government, they made even a budget terminal simple, functional and nice. Not to mention pamper travellers with eating and shopping options. IMHO, our Budget Terminal puts some of the full-fledged airports in some countries to shame.

I would do the same in future. I chose to use BT and TR this trip because I wanted to experience the Flying Tiger and have a peek at the Macau Airport. Nothing beats the experience of peering down at the strange land below as you do your short finals. Did you notice how slacker and WSSS asked about MFM and the return flight? If I had taken SQ, nobody would have done a TR on TR/MFM!

I think someone has got the wrong end of the stick here, but never mind.

Nobody doubts that the Budget Terminal puts a number of airports around the world to shame, I would safely say I've been to a fair few more of them than yourself. But it and TR are not competing against them are they ?. It's up against the likes of Valuair who use one of terminals at the best airport in the world. That's the point that was being made, and seems to have been missed.

I didn't notice how slacker and WSSS asked about the return flight, thanks for pointing that out. Are you saying that helped your decision to pay so much ? If so, that is some awesome power you've got there being able to see into the future. Have you got next week's lottery numbers ?.

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
          as you do your short finals.
          Apparently, shortfinals does not like being "done".....

Comment

Nobody doubts that the Budget Terminal puts a number of airports around the world to shame, I would safely say I've been to a fair few more of them than yourself. But it and TR are not competing against them are they ?
            I'm glad you agree that the Budget Terminal puts a number of airports around the world to shame. That's the only point that was made. No reference whatsoever was made to any competition, so I'm not quite sure if someone has gotten the correct stick.

Have you got next week's lottery numbers ?.
            Yes, I do. Unfortunately, I'm keeping them close to my chest. Please pardon me for not being able to share them in this public forum.

Thanks for thy comments. They're greatly appreciated.
            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 4

19. The long lines at Immigration. As the whole lot of us entered the terminal, I realised a Shanghai Airlines flight had arrived at about the same time. Thank goodness for our fuss-free walk to the terminal (the other passengers had to negotiate their way down from the second floor, having used the aerobridge).

20. Macau International Airport's Arrival Hall.

21. My hotel, The Venetian Macao. This picture was actually taken the following day.

22. My Deluxe Suite (if I remember correctly). Note the lower level leading to the living area and study.

23. My Queen bed. There was a lovely curtained canopy above.

24. The hallway leading away from the West Lobby of the lovely hotel.

Last edited by The High Flyer; 20 November 2007, 09:13 PM.
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 5

25. Nice deco.

26. Cafe Deco, the venue of my breakfast the following morning.

27. A busker at Di Moda Square. He had bowed following a contribution of HK$10 from yours truly for his efforts.

28. Street Scene. Note the artificial sky. It was awesome!

29. St Mark's Square. A lady was playing the piano in a little corner, complementing the beautiful scenery with nice music.

30. Another view of St Mark's Square.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 6

31. The very nice riverfront.

32. The Grand Canal, one of the many rivers snaking around the complex. Nice! I had taken a few pictures of the longtail boats and rowers that traversed these waterways, unfortunately they did not turn out nice. Too bad!

33. The Venetian Macao - Macau International Airport free shuttle. Very luxurious! Look out for the overhead lamps that change colours.

34. Macau International Airport. You could get up close and personal with some of the parked aircraft.

35. I tried to get closer to the nearer aircraft and this is what I got. A TransAsia Airways jet. No, I didn't get shouted at by some crazy airport police. See, nobody behaves in the way the police in Singapore do!

36. The Departure Hall.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 7

37. The Departure Screen. My flight can be seen in the third last line.

38. Check-in counters. Tiger Airways used the last few counters in the row. This picture was taken discreetly, since there were security personnel around me.

39. Airside. One of the departure gates.

40. Another shot of the departure area. Everything looked so drab, grey and sad.

41. Duty-free shops. You can see an airline lounge on the second storey.

42. A closer look at the airline lounge. For a while, I wondered if I had access to this place.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

43. Boarding Time. MY aircraft this time was 9V-TAB.

44. The tiny aircraft looks huge in this pic. Nice view of the IAE V2500 engine.

45. Passengers clambering onto the aircraft, as seen from the cabin.

46. The airport terminal.

47. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We're now cruising at 30,000 feet..."

48. 9V-TAB arrived safely at SIN Budget Terminal at 7:25pm. Defying authority again, I snapped a photo of MY bird.

Last edited by The High Flyer; 20 November 2007, 03:43 PM.
                      My Cafe Adventures

Comment

That's all for this TR, folks. I admit that I did not quite put in as much effort into this report as I did for the SGN one. Nevertheless, I hope everyone enjoyed reading it.
                        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Great work once again The High Flyer! Your TRs whether long or short, are a pleasure to read. A picture tells a thousand words and I think that is sufficient. Good work on the TR on TR and the great pictures.

Comment

Wow, very nice. First time I've seen pics of the airport in Macao!

It's hard to think of Macau as generation more gambling revenue now than Las Vegas!

Comment

Working...
                              X