The High Flyer Visits Macau!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The High Flyer Visits Macau!

As promised (a long time ago!), here's my TR on TR -- Trip Report on Tiger Airways. The High Flyer visited Macau on business last week, and here's the writeup...
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Part 1

1. Checking in for flight TR902, SIN-MFM. I was in Changi Airport's Budget Terminal.

2. My boarding pass. Note that it's a piece of thermal paper. I was lucky enough to have been assigned Seat 1A, one of the best seats in the house! I'm not sure if that might have been because I had paid S$641.43 for a round-trip ticket on this budget airline!

3. The check-in area. Simple but functional and efficient.

4. The carvenous Departure Hall. It was about 12:45pm then. Rather quiet.

5. Christmas comes early to the Budget Terminal. Not sure what this was. Looks like a stage for some upcoming event.

6. The only cafe landside. Hanis, operated by Han's. I had silverfish fried rice and an orange juice for lunch and became poorer by S$8.30.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 2

7. More F&B outlets airside. There was free wireless Internet here too.

8. 9V-TAC. Not my aircraft, but I took this picture because I had a nice view of this bird from inside the terminal. I was to find out later that my own aircraft was parked rather far away from my gate's seating area.

9. The loooooong corridor leading to my Gate 9. No wi-fi around here, by the way!

10. My aircraft, 9V-TAH. I snapped this shot on the tarmac, only to be screamed at by the airport police!

11. Defying authority, I took many more shots of my plane. Here's a close-up of my bird.

12. The flight was rather full. I didn't know Singapore had so many gamblers.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Part 3

13. An attractive Chan Ping Ping, the lead FA, giving a lesson on safety.

14. The customary picture of the seat pitch. Paging ***********!

15. Chan Ping Ping again, this time during meal service. A cup of instant Milo, coffee or tea costs S$3.00, by the way. An instant noodle would set you back by S$4.00.

16. Our dear Ping Ping yet again. She was attractive for her age!

17. Beautiful clouds...

18. My flight was to arrive in Macau at 5:55pm, so a gorgeous sunset was in order!

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post

14. The customary picture of the seat pitch. Paging ***********!

***********? That is a very long bad word to get censored like that!

Comment

10. My aircraft, 9V-TAH. I snapped this shot on the tarmac, only to be screamed at by the airport police!

Is there any aircraft that you don't own?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              ***********? That is a very long bad word to get censored like that!
              Yeah, I think so too!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl
              Is there any aircraft that you don't own?
              Hmmm. I think the answer is negative.

Finally, someone responded to my TR. Was actually debating if I should carry on!
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

that's not fair! need a legroom shot of the rows behind 1A to effectively portray the sardine effect Tiger has

Comment

2. My boarding pass. Note that it's a piece of thermal paper. I was lucky enough to have been assigned Seat 1A, one of the best seats in the house! I'm not sure if that might have been because I had paid S$641.43 for a round-trip ticket on this budget airline!
                  Do Tiger have assigned seatings now? Rembered tat they used to have free seating..

11. Defying authority, I took many more shots of my plane. Here's a close-up of my bird.
                  Wonder what's wrong with taking photos of planes on the tarmac? Is it for safety reason or anti-terrorist reason? Not sure how much such measure can prevent terrorism? It is too restrictive in my opinion.

13. An attractive Chan Ping Ping, the lead FA, giving a lesson on safety.

16. Our dear Ping Ping yet again. She was attractive for her age!

hehe.. how old is she?

Yeah, I think so too!

Hmmm. I think the answer is negative.

Finally, someone responded to my TR. Was actually debating if I should carry on!
                  Do continue to expand your trip report. Looking forward to that.

Do you have pictures of Macau airport? Wonder how it looks like...

Comment

Thanks for sharing, The High Flyer. I enjoyed reading it, any trip report on the return flight there? BTW, did you go to Venetian or Wynn or Lisboa?

Comment

Nice TR..

but for that price...I would rather grab a SQ77W between SIN and HKG and take a ferry across to MFM. (or any airline except Tiger for that price!)

Comment

I didn't know Singapore had so many gamblers.
                        You gotta be kidding ?.

Nice report. That Budget Terminal sure does exactly what is says on the tin.

I think I'd rather go with the others using the main terminals, even if it costs more.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                          Do Tiger have assigned seatings now? Rembered tat they used to have free seating..
                          Not only does Tiger have assigned seating, they also ALLOW you to CHOOSE your seats upon ticket purchase. My trip was sponsored, so I didn't want to overburden my sponsor with the extra few dollars.

Wonder what's wrong with taking photos of planes on the tarmac? Is it for safety reason or anti-terrorist reason? Not sure how much such measure can prevent terrorism? It is too restrictive in my opinion.
                          In my opinion, Singapore has one of the most restrictive laws in the world. Not good for aviation enthusiasts like us. Sooner or later, you'll see me on national TV or newspaper headlines.

hehe.. how old is she?
                          Not sure. I didn't tackle her. Because she looked pretty, I forgave her for chiding me when I took pictures of SQ birds on the way out to 20R. Soon after I kept my camera, I saw 9V-SKA at Gate F31!

Do you have pictures of Macau airport? Wonder how it looks like...
                          Akan datang!
                          My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                            Thanks for sharing, The High Flyer. I enjoyed reading it, any trip report on the return flight there? BTW, did you go to Venetian or Wynn or Lisboa?
                            Heee. Thanks for the compliments, WSSS. In fact, I STAYED at The Venetian Macao on this trip. More pictures coming up...
                            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                              but for that price...I would rather grab a SQ77W between SIN and HKG and take a ferry across to MFM. (or any airline except Tiger for that price!)
                              I know. My tickets were supposed to have cost S$400+ (I confirmed my trip only 2-3 weeks before departure, you see, and it was the Deepavali week), but an afternoon of dilly-dally saw the price shooting up and breaching the S$600 mark. By then, my colleague decided that she had had enough. She went ahead to book SQ862/SQ861 for S$641.00, just 43 cents less than what I paid. She didn't mind doing the ferry transfer, golf bag in tow. Why did I choose to fly on TR? See below.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
                              Nice report. That Budget Terminal sure does exactly what is says on the tin.
                              But knowing the Singapore government, they made even a budget terminal simple, functional and nice. Not to mention pamper travellers with eating and shopping options. IMHO, our Budget Terminal puts some of the full-fledged airports in some countries to shame.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
                              I think I'd rather go with the others using the main terminals, even if it costs more.
                              I would do the same in future. I chose to use BT and TR this trip because I wanted to experience the Flying Tiger and have a peek at the Macau Airport. Nothing beats the experience of peering down at the strange land below as you do your short finals. Did you notice how slacker and WSSS asked about MFM and the return flight? If I had taken SQ, nobody would have done a TR on TR/MFM!
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                              X